HISTORIX Vintage 1820 Maine State Map - 24x36 Inch Maine State Vintage Map - Wall Map Maine State Wall Art - Vintage Maine Map Poster - Old Map of Maine Wall Art - Maine Poster Map (2 Sizes)
Enhance your purchase
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1820 Maine State Map . Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1820 Maine State Map . This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true, accurate piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This 24x36 Inch print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Buy it with
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
Published in the same year that Maine achieved statehood following secession from Massachusetts, this early map of the state shows it as the agricultural economy expanded, and immigration into Maine continued to spur settlement. Maine's farms were typically small family-run operations, and the state's natural geography proved formidable. Thin soil, dense forests, and unpredictable weather all created difficulties for Maine's farmers.
Mining also gained momentum as an economic driver in the early 19th century as massive granite quarries were established to ship slabs south for construction of statehouses and other notable buildings. Tanning also became a prominent industry for the state utilizing abundant hemlock stands for bark extract. The state lumber industry also allowed it to become the number one shipbuilder in the United States in the 1820s. At its pinnacle, Maine's shipyards were producing one-third of the nation’s sailing vessels.
The coastline offered numerous natural harbors with sloping beaches that allowed more substantial ships to get inland and allow greater access. The long coast also allowed the expansion of the commercial fishing industry, which would attract fishermen from around the globe to immigrate to the state. Maine's fishing industry supplied one-fifth of American fish in this period.
Maine had experienced some conflict during the War of 1812 as British forces attempted annexation of the region. The unique aesthetic of this map immediately transports the viewer back in time and illustrates the state in its formative years; this depiction is truly an authentic piece of American cartographical history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.