Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery March Birthstone Book House Cleaning _fab _fab _fab  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

Color: Matte Black|Size: Medium|Change

on September 1, 2009
This helmet does it all, as far as I am concerned. It is comfortable and terrifically utilitarian. But the thing that makes this helmet superior to all the others is the sun visor system. There is a separate sun visor beneath the face shield that comes down by simply moving a lever on top of the helmet and, in contrast to other similar helmets of which I am aware, the sun visor instantly springs back into the helmet with the push of a button. I can't recount the number of times while riding when I suddenly faced into the sun. All that it took was a quick motion to deploy the sun visor and eliminate the sun glare. When I no longer needed it, I pressed the button on top of the helmet and POOF!, the visor was gone.
The price for the helmet is also great. I have never understood the need to spend hundreds of dollars for a helmet when the same degree of safety is available for much less.
I am one of those people who is never satisfied. I am always searching for something better. In this case, however, I am not looking for another helmet. This helmet works great for me!
on May 15, 2014
I can't really say how much I love this helmet until it saves me from blasting my brains across the concrete, and I've got my fingers crossed on that never happening so I will review this purely on how it feels and looks.

It fits great if you actually measure you're head around it's widest point you will get the right size according to their charts. It is really comfortable, not too tight, and the mechanism on the top that pops the shades down is pretty friggin' slick. I definitely thought that was a cool surprise that I didn't catch while reading the descriptions. It's a lever you pull towards the mask that slides the shade cover down and a button that releases it back up into the helmet when you're done.

All in all, it's perfect based on fit and comfort, but until it saves my brains don't quote me on its safety!
on November 5, 2010
What a difference the full visor makes. After much research I chose this helmet for the retractable sun visor and UV protection of the clear visor. The manufacturere does not specify if it is UVA and UVB, just UV protection; but no other manufacturers did either. This has a polycarbonate shell so it is very light. the fit is snug. make sure you try one on before ordering. I went to a local shop but they did not have this color in my size and it was about $30 higher that Amazon.
on February 26, 2013
I ride a classic motorbike, and would very much like to have a vintage-styled helmet to wear while riding, but classic and classic-inspired helmets lack the features that this helmet has. I very much like the vents and the sun visor. With my other helmets I have to carry goggles and sunglasses, and thus a backpack. On days when I want to travel light, this helmet is ready to shield my face from both wind and sun. I do wish that the tinting was somewhat graded to be darker at the top, to better cut the sunlight.
The helmet is definitely wind tunnel-tested. My head doesn't get caught in gusts or high winds the way it does with other helmets. I can't imagine riding without the features that this helmet provides.
on May 7, 2012
I hate wearing sunglasses, but I occasionally get stuck riding into a blinding sunset. The integrated sunshield solves the problem well. Simply lower the sunshield when needed, and retract when finished. As stated in other reviews, the sunshield doesn't lower enough to be optimally positioned. I definitely wouldn't want to use them for long periods of time. But they work well enough for those occasions when you need 10-20 minutes of protection OR forget your sunglasses at home.

The helmet itself is nice overall. Fits well and stays reasonably cool (for a 3/4 helmet). All features perform as advertised. I'm glad I bought it.
Oh, the size chart indicated I needed an XL size---which turned out to fit very nicely.

UPDATE: I've put about 1,000mi on the helmet and still like it very much. The interior of helmet was designed perfectly and couldn't be more comfortable. The face shield seems pretty durable and has remained relatively scratch-free. The face shield is also optically neutral and doesn't distort vision AND does not impede peripheral vision. This helmet is worth double what it costs.

UPDATE II 9/6/13: So I've had the helmet for over a year now. Still happy with the purchase. I figured I would have had to replace the face shield by now, but its still in nice shape. Replacement shields only cost $25ish and are easy to install. When the time comes to replace this helemet, I'll probably buy another IS-33. I'm not sure how a helmet could be measurably better.
on March 12, 2017
Nice helmet, but when using corrective glasses its a tight fit with the 3/4 shield down, shame I like the options.
on October 5, 2013
Love the sun visor. Wind noise is minimal. Good ventilation. Ear pockets are deep enough for headset. Will be buying a second for wife to ride
on March 15, 2017
GOOD COMPANY AND PRODUCT..
on October 5, 2015
I have quite a few different brands of motorcycle helmets, and this one is by far the most comfortable. The sizing chart listed with the item is accurate. I have a 23.25" noggin, and a large is perfect for me. I was able to install a Scala unit and speakers with no problem. The sun visor eliminates the need for sunglasses. The clear shield does indeed provide sun protection. No more headaches like I got with other helmets. Love it!
review image
on March 6, 2012
I got this helmet to use riding my scooter. I like the ventillation which keeps the visor from fogging when your moving, but you do feel it in cold weather [overall not bad]. I haven't worn it when it's really hot so I can't say how well these vents work in summer.
Although a little funky with the sun visor slide on the top - I'm really happy with the ability to have that sunscreen when necessary - I wear glasses so much better to have this available and easily deployed/retracted, as opposed to the sunglasses or tinted visor approach. Also the liner is removable to wash which is nice.
I'm pretty happy with this purchase.