Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Color: Matte Black|Size: Medium|Change

on December 5, 2015
I really liked the helmet, the only thing is that little button on top was missing, still useable but harder with winter gloves. very comortable, just runs a little small. I’m a solid medium in helmets and this one is just a bit smaller than I would have liked. I ordered a medium but feel a large would have been a little better. I think this will fit better after it is worn in a little more though. HJC is quality though and I have had a few so overall satisfied.

I need to mention I got it under “used” though it was still in box and had all the plastic stickers and covers which leads me to believe it was listed at used because of the button, which is probably why I saved about $30. Still worth it IMO
on October 19, 2016
Fits correctly when measured by HJC method. Very nice quality. I like the flip up feature of the outer face shield. The inner visor works well by using the slider on top of the helmet and retracts instantly with a slight tough of the button. Can be easily operated while riding. I bought a 2nd HJC from Amazon, a half helmet. That one works well, too.
on January 30, 2016
I havery an HJC full face helmet and liked it so when shopping for an open face helmet I decided to go with this one. It exceeded my expectations! I went to a motorcycle shop and tried several other brands on but I liked this one the best. It has a wide open view that makes it seem like I'm not wearing a helmet at all. The drop down visor comes down plenty far enough when some other ones did not. It has recesses inside at your temples in case you want to wear sunglasses and at your ears for speakers. There's nothing bad I can say about this helmet.
on February 26, 2013
I ride a classic motorbike, and would very much like to have a vintage-styled helmet to wear while riding, but classic and classic-inspired helmets lack the features that this helmet has. I very much like the vents and the sun visor. With my other helmets I have to carry goggles and sunglasses, and thus a backpack. On days when I want to travel light, this helmet is ready to shield my face from both wind and sun. I do wish that the tinting was somewhat graded to be darker at the top, to better cut the sunlight.
The helmet is definitely wind tunnel-tested. My head doesn't get caught in gusts or high winds the way it does with other helmets. I can't imagine riding without the features that this helmet provides.
on August 9, 2014
Ordered this for my wife, she really likes it. I even squeezed my big noggin into it and wore it for a ride. Low noise and very little wind coming up through the bottom. Of course this was also minimized by the windscreen on her Spyder. The vent system works well and keeps the interior cool. I would have given it five stars but there was no integrated quick disconnect on the strap as shown in the picture, just a standard D-ring setup. I liked it well enough to order one in my size for those days I do not feel like wearing a half-helmet.
on June 26, 2012
I ordered this helmet after reading other reviews. I am a woman with a small head, and the size small fits perfectly. I have always worn the spare helmet that the rider had for a one size fits all kind of thing. They always bobbed around on my head.

This is snug, but comfortable, and no movement. I can move my head around and it stays snug. I feel my vision is not obscured, and the helmet never feels "in the way".

I wear contacts and there is no wind that gets through to dry my eyes out.

I like the sun visor. It's cool. slide it down, or quickly it pops up out of the way. It is just enough of a visor and doesn't block my view either.

I love the wine color. I feel a bit like a mighty morphin power ranger in this helmet, but, really, what girl thinks she looks good with a helmet on? I wear it for safety and function. It's comfortable, I like it.
on November 5, 2010
What a difference the full visor makes. After much research I chose this helmet for the retractable sun visor and UV protection of the clear visor. The manufacturere does not specify if it is UVA and UVB, just UV protection; but no other manufacturers did either. This has a polycarbonate shell so it is very light. the fit is snug. make sure you try one on before ordering. I went to a local shop but they did not have this color in my size and it was about $30 higher that Amazon.
on March 7, 2015
Love this helmet! Purchased June of 2014. Fits like a glove and the light silver matches my bike perfectly (a girl has to have a matching helmet). I have a full face helmet as well but this open face one is my "go-to" choice... especially for warm to hot days. Drop down sun shade is the best and wouldn't buy a helmet without one. I tried the helmet on for size in a bike shop and good thing I did...ended up having to go a size larger than the size chart indicated. Helmet is well made with excellent ventilation adjustments. I would offer one design modification...place the lever for the drop down sun shade on the front/side of the helmet versus the top. I received next day delivery (Saturday too) for only a few extra dollars.
on May 7, 2012
I hate wearing sunglasses, but I occasionally get stuck riding into a blinding sunset. The integrated sunshield solves the problem well. Simply lower the sunshield when needed, and retract when finished. As stated in other reviews, the sunshield doesn't lower enough to be optimally positioned. I definitely wouldn't want to use them for long periods of time. But they work well enough for those occasions when you need 10-20 minutes of protection OR forget your sunglasses at home.

The helmet itself is nice overall. Fits well and stays reasonably cool (for a 3/4 helmet). All features perform as advertised. I'm glad I bought it.
Oh, the size chart indicated I needed an XL size---which turned out to fit very nicely.

UPDATE: I've put about 1,000mi on the helmet and still like it very much. The interior of helmet was designed perfectly and couldn't be more comfortable. The face shield seems pretty durable and has remained relatively scratch-free. The face shield is also optically neutral and doesn't distort vision AND does not impede peripheral vision. This helmet is worth double what it costs.

UPDATE II 9/6/13: So I've had the helmet for over a year now. Still happy with the purchase. I figured I would have had to replace the face shield by now, but its still in nice shape. Replacement shields only cost $25ish and are easy to install. When the time comes to replace this helemet, I'll probably buy another IS-33. I'm not sure how a helmet could be measurably better.
on April 17, 2014
It fits comfortably and I feel secure wearing it. The sunshield is great and the biggest selling point for me. I realize this helmet is meant for motorcycles, but I ride a scooter and this thing is huge! I can't fit it inside my scooter securely. I had to buy a helmet lock to secure it to the outside of my scooter, but that's okay because I love this helmet. I wanted something to protect my face from bugs and dirt flying back from other vehicles without looking like a total dork wearing a full helmet on a little scooter. This helmet does the job perfectly. The biggest problem I had is the sizing guide...there is none! I went by the sizing of my previous helmet which was x-small. Turns out I needed a large in the end.
Here is the sizing in centimeters. (XS 53-54) (S 55-56) (M 57-58) (L 59-60) (XL 61-62) (XXL 63-64)