3 Year Asurion Home Audio & Video Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Surge protection starts when your product ships; mechanical and electrical failures are covered after manufacturer warranty expires
- If we can't fix it, we will issue you an Amazon Gift Card for full replacement value
- Protection when you need it from a name you can trust
- No deductibles or additional fees. Easy claims online or by phone. Contract is emailed to you within hours of your purchase.
- Fully Transferable. 100% refund within first 30 days
HMDX Audio HX-B440 Cube Bluetooth Alarm Clock
|Price:||$38.71 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Connects wirelessly with smart phones, laptops and most notebooks,
- Full-Function dual alarm clock with snooze, nap, and gradual wake feature,
- Digital FM Radio, USB port for charging your devices, Clock syncs with time on apple device
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
This item HMDX Audio HX-B440 Cube Bluetooth Alarm Clock
ZHPUAT JFE0135 Large HD Display Digital Alarm Clock, Black
AcuRite 13020 Intelli-Time Projection Alarm Clock with Temperature and USB Charging
Smart Travel Alarm Clock, Automatically set your Clock and Alarm through your Smart Phone, iOS and Android Compatible
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||ZhiPuAoTe||Amazon.com||Gifts and Gadgets Online|
The HoMedics Cube Bluetooth Alarm Clock connects wirelessly with smart phones, tablets, laptops and most notebooks up to 30 feet. The full-function dual alarm clock features snooze, nap, and gradual wake features. The Cube also features a digital FM Radio, and a USB port for charging your devices. An easy-to-read jumbo display shows the clock, which syncs with the time on your Apple device. There is also an energy saving nightlight feature. In case of defects, please contact Homedics customer service line at 1-800-466-3342
Top customer reviews
First the good parts:
* Bluetooth: This is great. I can put my phone or tablet anywhere in the room and have the music come through the speaker on the alarm clock.
* USB charging port: I love that I can plug my phone in on my desk at night without any other device needing to be available. I can charge my phone every night and don't have to think about it.
* Display: I love the big numbers and the quiet light. You can adjust the display level from super bright to super dim. I believe there are 4 light levels that can be chosen, and you can choose to have the nightlight or not. If the nightlight is on it reflects the same level as the display. I chose to have it off.
* FM Reception: This gets much better reception than my previous clock.
Second the "meh" parts:
* The speakers are not bad for alarm clock speakers... but they are still obviously alarm clock speakers.
* The tuning and volume nobs could use an indentation to make them easier to turn. As they are you can't comfortably push to turn, but there's not quite enough to grasp to turn either. They aren't horrible, but they could be better.
* If you want to snooze, and you hit the snooze button then you are good to go. If you miss and hit some other button then the alarm turns OFF. I haven't missed yet, but I can see how this might be a problem on a very early, groggy morning.
Finally the bad parts:
* Auto time set just didn't work, and not just because of a time zone. It could be because I have it running through a surge protector or something, but the minutes portion wasn't even close, whereas if it was a time zone issue the minutes would have at least been correct.
* Gentle wake just doesn't work. It's supposed to slowly get louder over the course of 2 minutes so you are gently awakened. The first morning I expected to be soothed awake (is that possible?) with gentle music or talking from my selected FM station. It was about 4 seconds and this thing was blaring. I have tested it when awake to be sure I wasn't so soothed I slept through the quiet part. It is literally around 4 seconds before it's so loud you are ready to just kill it. I would even be ok with that if I could set the maximum volume level, but it disregards any volume level you have set and just starts yelling. I guess as an alarm clock it works because I find that I'm so worried about waking my wife that I regularly wake 10-15 minutes before the alarm goes off and lay in bed waiting for it to go off so I can get to it quickly.
* Customer support. I emailed them regarding the volume and the gentle wake feature. This was several weeks ago and I have not heard back from them. I don't suspect I ever will.
I've used this with Nexus 10, Nexus 7, and Nexus 4 devices without any issues.
0 stars because of the wake feature. The main function should be the alarm since it's an ALARM CLOCK, and I consider it broken. I give it one star for the bluetooth, and one star for the USB charging port.
I've downgraded this to 1 star based. I've now owned this alarm clock for 9 months. The backlight for the numbers is now very uneven. The middle part of the display is usually very dim now, but not always. It's quite odd.
Another problem is that the date just won't stay correct. I leave the clock plugged in and on bluetooth 100% of the time. When I get in bed I pair it with my phone just so my phone alarm comes through the clock speakers. I will occasionally switch to radio when getting dressed or something. For some reason, the date is off by a day every once in a while, or the day of the week is off. This morning (Tuesday August 6 2013) it tells me it is Tuesday August 7 2013.
The only redeeming factor to this device is the bluetooth, but for that I might as well have gotten a dumb bluetooth speaker that sounds great instead of a supposedly "smart" alarm clock that sounds mediocre. I had a ten dollar alarm clock that lasted over 10 years, and this overpriced piece of equipment is looking to be replaced in just one year. Very disappointing.
The Bad Stuff: The nice large number blue dimmable LCD panel died; left to right, the left column number first barely readable then today, complete blackout. Two years, RIP.
The Disposable Era: My 1986 Panasonic RC-X210 with green LED and ATS (Audio Time Series) dual alarm with analog AM/FM linear tuner (ouch) and wide spread stereo speakers is out of the den and back in play. Its without USB, BT or wireless phone charging, but just like my 379,000 mile 1982 Mercedes 300TD, it won't die, even after having spilled my water glass on it several times. Funny thing, no Panasonic alarm clocks on Amazon.
It is also a good radio, I can hear my station very clearly, which has not happened with other clocks we have had. (This is the fourth clock we have had in our bedroom, the signal sometimes wavered on our old clocks. I hope to have this clock longer than the others, and I think we will.)
Dual alarms including choice of alarm frequency: Daily, weekdays only, weekends only, one day as well as max volume of alarm (as it increases slowly). Having a max is nice so if you are an easy waker you can turn it lower but can adjust for those who are heavier sleepers. Each of the two alarms has all of these settings.
One of the units worked, synced with my sons iPhone 4 and is effective in charging and playing music over Bluetooth. The second one flashed on then went dead and had to be returned.
Amazon was great and gave me a refund but it does reinforce that fact that the qualtiy of the device should be questioned and I'm concerned over the shelf life of the one I kept. So far, 60 days in, it is still working.
Overall sound quality is however good, the narrow form factor works well on a shelf and the button layout is convenient. I wish the device had better overall quality as it is a good design and could be an excellent product.
Most recent customer reviews
after 2 purchases-apparently an inherent problem...Read more