Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "HOOVER FH40160PC FloorMate Deluxe Hard Floor Cleaner" and save 46% off the $159.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $16.95 shipping
+ Free Shipping
3-Year Floor Care Extended Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions after manufacturer's warranty expires
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
HOOVER FH40160PC FloorMate Deluxe Hard Floor Cleaner
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- SpinScrub Brushes deliver the best clean while gently and safely scrubbing sealed wood, vinyl, tile and grout; Wheel Type: Soft
- Dual Tank Technology - keeps clean and dirty water separate so you never put dirty water back on the floor
- Wash/Dry Mode Selection - Wash mode uses brushes to clean while suctioning up excess water; Dry mode stops brushes to suction up excess water and improve drying time
- Clean Boost Control - fingertip control applies extra detergent to stains and heavy traffic areas
- Lightweight - at under 14 pounds, the FloorMate is easy to lift and carry, even up and down stairs
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
All You Need For the Best Clean
For best results, use Hoover’s hard floor solutions to deep clean and quickly remove stubborn everyday dirt and grime.
Hoover FloorMate Deluxe Hard Floor Cleaner
The Ultimate Hard Floor Cleaner
Discover the ultimate hard floor cleaner that gets the dirt mopping leaves behind, with the Hoover FloorMate Deluxe. SpinScrub Brushes do the scrubbing for you, while Dual Tanks keep clean and dirty water separate so you never have to push dirty water on your floors. Plus, it dries in one motion leaving your floors shiny and dry.
Never Clean with Dirty Water Again
With Dual Tank Technology, you can finally leave the mop and bucket behind. Two tanks keep clean and dirty water separate so you never have to push dirty water on your floors again.
Does the Scrubbing for You
Patented SpinScrub Technology safely washes and scrubs hard floors from all angles with counter-rotating brushes for an all-around deep clean.
Wash and Dry
Your FloorMate washes with cleaning solution and suctions up the dirty water in one motion, leaving your floors shiny and dry.
Easy to Clean
Tanks, brush and nozzle are easy to remove and rinse for a fast and hassle-free clean-up.
Clean Boost Control
Fingertip control applies extra detergent to those stubborn stains and heavy traffic areas.
Safe for All Sealed Floors
Safe for use on all sealed surfaces like hardwood, vinyl, ceramic tile, laminate, marble and more.
|FloorMate SpinScrub with Bonus Hard Floor Wipes||FloorMate Deluxe Hard Floor Cleaner||FloorMate Cordless Hard Floor Cleaner|
|Tank Capacity||32 oz.||48 oz.||24 oz.|
|Brush Type||Multi-Floor||Wood Floor & Multi-Floor||Multi-Floor|
|Clean Boost Control||✓|
|Weight||16 lbs.||13.8 lbs.||14 lbs.|
|Cord Length||27 ft.||20 ft.||Cordless|
|Nozzle Width||13 inches||11.5 inches||11.5 inches|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Update 11/2017: I spilt milk and wanted to show a video of sucking up the mess, then cleaning it. I still think it's a great cleaner, but I'm just dreading the day it will die on me.
Update 4/2017: The unit that I bought directly from Hoover died. I plugged it in and switched it on. It did the same thing as the older unit where it turned on for a second, but couldn't actually stay on. This unit is only 4 months old and it came directly from Hoover. Once again, I have a defective unit. The cleaner works great, but the motor is bad. I'm going to have to take it to the repair shop, but I still have the spare unit to use for the time being. Keep in mind that I am only cleaning my floors every other week--at most 3 times a month. I'm just doing routine cleaning, nothing major.
Update 2/2017: So I took the broken unit to the repair shop right before Christmas 2016. I didn't get it back until late January 2017. Reason being that the shop couldn't repair the unit and had requested a unit swap. So I finally got a new unit from Hoover and the unit only comes with one brush. It's blue and green colored and is for multi-floors which means you don't have to change brushes when going from different floor types. If you buy a unit from Amazon and it comes with 2 brushes, it's an old unit and you should return it. I still have the unit that I bought directly from Hoover, so now I basically have two new units.
Update 1/2017: After having the unit for only 3 months, it died. Plugged it in and turned it on, it sounded like it was going to turn on but didn't. I've searched online and apparently, this is pretty common. Either the fuse is bad or the motor is bad. I contacted Hoover and they said my unit is 2 years old already, so I needed proof of purchase for the repair under warranty. I've had to take it to a vacuum retailer. It's been 3 weeks and still no update on the repairs. Hoover is currently selling a brand new unit for $69.99 (lowest I've seen is $59.99). I went ahead and bought another one because this is the only unit that will scrub floors. I've been using a steam mop and it doesn't clear nearly as well. Hopefully, it's a newer manufactured model since it's coming directly from Hoover instead of being resold on Amazon.
I have 3 dogs...2 are male. They are constantly peeing all over the house. I have wood floors throughout the entire first floor and spot cleaning with swiffer wet jet wasn't effective nor wiping with clorox wipes which left spots. We've used the steam mop, but it didn't quite feel clean.Usually, cleaning the floors meant bringing out the janitor mop and bucket. It gets heavy and is a total pita, so it only gets done at least once a month. Decided to buy this based on previous reviews, but was skeptical of its performance. We figured it'd work for now for spot cleaning dog messes. When we first tried this out, our floors hadn't been cleaned in a while. I wished I had taken before and after pictures had I had known how effectively it cleaned. It cleaned so well and thoroughly that we ended up cleaning the entire first floor with this. It took awhile since the water and waste tanks are only so big, but it left the floors really clean without any residue, spots, or film like our bucket and mop did. You only use a small cap full of cleaner (hoover multi floor-green bottle) since it's really concentrated. It squeegees the floor so you don't have sitting water which can damage wood floors. The cleaning brushes actually rotate to scrub the floors. We're extremely happy that this thing actually cleans effectively and is so much easier on the body than pushing a heavy duty mop around. Totally got our money's worth. Would give it 5 stars if the tanks were just a bit bigger for less frequent changings.
Update: The brush unit tends to detach whenever we store it upright. Before you use the cleaner, always check to make sure the brush attachment is installed, otherwise you're just spraying cleaning water.
*****I make every effort to use the product as intended for an extended period in order to judge the product fairly. I rely heavily on honest helpful reviews when I shop and I want to help others make an informed decision as well. If you think my review is helpful,[...]
1) It scrubs the grout good enough for me, I do wish the scrubber brushes were a little stiffer though to really make the grout come clean faster, but I believe with time, the grout will get cleaner with each scrubbing! I plan on using this machine at least once a week or every other week, and continuing with my spray mop between good scrubbings.
2) I feel like the dry mode really worked well, it was actually difficult to push forward and pull back in a few spots on my tile, due to unlevel tile placement! This made me feel like it was really getting all the water up out of the grout lines, and my tile was dry for the most part, except in the low spots where the squeegee just couldn't run across (again, nothing to do with the machine itself, just unlevel floor)
3) This machine can be used as fast or slow as you would like. I read that to get the good deep clean, run the machine slower. I tried it both ways, and I can say without a doubt the best way for me to use this machine is to put it on wash mode, lay down a lot of water and cleaning product and then run the machine back and forth over it multiple times to get the scrubbing action down, and then when I feel like it's cleaned good enough, I switch it over to dry mode and suck up all the water. I use it about the same way I would a vacuum cleaner, the same speed, although I consider myself a very thorough vacuum-er, so my floors are getting a good scrubbing.
4) The way this machine works, (which is one part of the reviews I didn't find) is that in wash mode, the brushes run the entire time, whether you are putting out water (this is done with the button on the handle) or not. So you can lay down your cleaning solution, let go of the water button and still scrub the floors, because the brushes are still spinning. Although, when you pull the machine backwards, it does suck up some of the water, not as much as the dry mode, but enough so if you have a spot that needs the solution to sit on for a minute, just remember not to pull the machine back over it and move over to clean next to it. The brushes will stop spinning once you put it in dry mode, that's when the machine sucks up all the water, and squeegee's the floor dry. Keep in mind, with differing floor levels, you may not get perfect squeegee results, but I guarantee it will be better than not having it at all!! Also keep in mind, that this machine, as awesome as it is, will leave drops here and there, or tire tracks. I will more than likely run a damp dust mop over the entire floor once I'm finished using this machine just to get rid of any spots or streaks that were left behind!! I didn't have time yesterday when I used this, and today my floors like great, and I don't notice any spots or streaks! I even did the paper towel challenge and ran a damp paper towel across the floors and into the grout, and it was perfectly white, that never happened before with my spray mop and microfiber pad!
The only reason I didn't give this 5 stars, is because I really hoped it would scrub off stubborn spots better, (this is where I think the tougher brushes would come in handy) but it did get them soft enough I could wipe them up with a wet rag. Next time I will pretreat tough spots and get them cleaned off before I start up my Hoover!
Hope this review helps you make up your mind to just buy it and have cleaner floors!!
Most recent customer reviews
the bad, ugh, my first 2 lasted for more than 2 years of regular...Read more