Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "HOOVER T-Series WindTunnel Pet Bagged Corded Uprig..." and save 35% off the $169.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $18.22 shipping
+ Free Shipping
3-Year Floor Care Extended Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions after manufacturer's warranty expires
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
HOOVER T-Series WindTunnel Pet Bagged Corded Upright Vacuum UH30310
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- P.A.W.S Pet Approved Windtunnel system with Windtunnel Technology removes embedded dirt and minimizes blowback and scatter on carpet
- Activated Carbon HEPA Media Bag filters and traps 99.9-percent of dust and pollens down to 0.3 microns and carbon absorbs household orders
- One Touch bag door release gives you fast and easy access to the bag. Powerful Reach - 30-foot cord extends room-to-room without the hassle of unplugging
- Clean-Drop Bag system is a simple one touch that releases the full bag directly into the trash, so you never have to touch the dirty bag
- On/Off Brushroll - push button to easily transition from carpet to hard floors.Motor Amps:12 Amps
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
- Lightweight - Only 15 pounds
- WindTunnel technology
- Activated carbon HEPA media bag
- Clean-drop bags
- Intuitive power controls
- On/off brushroll
- Bag check indicator
- 30 foot power cord
- No scuff clear bumper
- 2-Year limited warranty
Hoover T-Series WindTunnel pet bagged upright
Nobody gets the dirt like Hoover. Nobody.
WindTunnel T-Series vacuums combine a sleek design with superior, simple-to-use cleaning power at a practical price. These vacuums have intuitive features, such as fingertip controls conveniently located within reach on the handle, and a cord clip below the handle that keeps the cord out of the way while you're cleaning. A 5-position height adjustment knob lets you ensure the brushroll is set at the correct height to clean any type of floor easily and efficiently. All models have an air-powered hand tool and specially designed on-board tools for cleaning tough-to-reach areas.
Requiring minimal maintenance, the WindTunnel Pet Bagged Upright has a bag made with Activated Carbon HEPA media that helps reduce pet odors and utilizes the Clean Drop Bag System, which lets you dispose of a full bag without ever touching it.
12 foot deluxe stretch hose
Provides instant extended reach.
One-touch bag door release
Fast and easy access to the bag.
The crevice tool helps clean nooks and crannies.
Pet upholstery tool
The pet upholstery tool has rubber wipers that pull stubborn pet hair away from upholstery.
Easy belt change system and brushroll access
Simply flip two levers to change the belt or access the brushroll.
5 position carpet height adjustment
Adjust as needed to clean all flooring types easily and efficiently.
|Tempo WidePath Bagged Upright||Anniversary WindTunnel Self-Propelled Bagged Upright||Platinum Collection Lightweight Bagged Upright with Canister||T-Series WindTunnel Bagged Upright||T-Series WindTunnel Pet Bagged Upright|
|Embedded Dirt Finder||✓|
|Bag Check Indicator||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Weight||14.8 pounds||20.2 pounds||11 pounds||15.9 pounds||15.9 pounds|
|Hose Length||6 foot||7 foot||0 foot||8 foot||12 foot|
|Multi-Floor Height Adjustment||5-Position||3-Position||Automatic||5-Level||5-Level|
|Warranty||1 Year||3 Years||5 Years||2 Years||2 Years|
|Tools||2 extension wands, crevice tool, upholstery tool and dusting brush||2 extension wands, crevice tool, upholstery tool, dusting brush and air powered hand tool||Telescoping extension wand, floor brush, dusting brush, crevice tool and handheld canister vacuum||Extension wand, crevice tool, upholstery tool/dusting brush and air powered hand tool||Extension wand, crevice tool, pet upholstery tool and air-powered pet hand tool|
The Hoover Windtunnel T-Series Bagged Upright is a P.A.W.S Pet Approved vacuum cleaning system that features the patented Hoover Windtunnel Technology to remove embedded dirt and minimize blowback or scatter on carpet. The on/off brushroll system allows you to easily transition between carpets and hard floors, while offering all the power needed to get the floors truly clean.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Ok on to the review.
Firstly, note that I've gone back to bagged vacuums. Why? Because I got fed up of emptying bagless canisters into the trash only to have the dust fly everywhere. Irrespective of what bagless manufacturers say - dust DOES fly around - on your clothing, your hands, around you - and it makes a terrible mess. So I'm back to bags - and loving it. Take the bag out (use the bags with the tabs on the end and there no dust at all) and throw them away - simple and no mess.
I like this vacumm for many reasons (although there are some shortcomings as we'll see later).
1. It is easy to assemble out of the box- it took about 2 minutes so no big deal for anyone. Attach the attachments in their various positions, place the bag (it comes with one free bag) in the holder and away you go. The body is plastic - but what isn't these days - and it seems sturdy enough.
2. The attachements are basic - hand crevice, air powered roller brush, and hand brush (for curtains etc). They work well - especially the air powered brush (which is good for stairs etc). They attach in various [positions on the front, side, and rear. But see below.
3. There is an on/off switch on the handle which is conveniently placed - as opposed to foot operated switches which can be hard to operate. There is also a brushroll on/off switch which is foot operated and I find my foot slips off sometimes. I wish this was also controlled by a swicth on the handle.
4. There is a bag full indicator - see later -and a height dial on the front of the base - see below. The bag has a so-called 'clean-drop' bag release whereby you don't need to touch the bag when discarding it. I haven't yet got it to drop that easily but I think that's just me.
5. The most important thing in a vacuum is suction and this one doesn't disappoint. Even with the bag full to the pipe, it was sucking away nicely. Put a new bag in and it's very powerful (again). You can see the lines in the carpet as it cleans and you can feel the vacuum pull itself forward slightly as it cleans (although it's not self-propelled). Of course with a 12 amp motor, it will power through wherever and whenever. Full marks here.
6. The other thing I want is edge cleaning and again this comes very close to being great. It doesn't clean right up to the edge on one side but almost does so on the other side - so you may have to turn the vacuum around now and again. It can clean to within about a 1/2 inch of the baseboard (unlike another vacuum I had which left about 2 inches of dirt around the edges!) but I have yet to find a vacuum that does clean right up to the edge on both sides. There is no extendable little brush to pull out - it relies on suction paths within the brush housing. Not bad overall.
7. The vacuum itself is quite light - not too light to be ineffective but light enough that it's easy to push/pull, and carry up the stairs. I don't want a very light vacuum as I find they tend to have such weak suction either becuase the motor isn't powerful enough or because there's no weight on the motor/brush at the front and so the front brush housing keeps lighting off the carpet (as demonstrated by a terrible Kenmore model I have which is being relegated to the garage). You want a front that doesn't lift off the floor and that requires some weight on the front. This vacuum does well in this area.
8. I don't bother with the height adjustment at all on normal / low pile carpets (there are 5 heights). I can understand the need to adjust height if one has deep-pile / shaggy type carpets or rugs, but for 'normal' carpets, I want the brush to beat my carpet fibres as deep as possible and suck up as much as possible. So I keep it on LOW att the time. This works on carpets (helps with 'deep cleaning') and on floors where you want dust and particles to be sucked up and not spit out the back (of course you can also switch the brush off which helps not to 'spit' out). I've not found this to be detrimental to the carpet fibres at all and for 10 years I've generally not changed my setting from low.
9. Having a switching brushroll on or off is very handy as it allows the vacuum to be used for sucking up food particles on hard floors without spitting out the back. It also helps when you use the attachments by allowing all suction to go to the pipe instead of the main motor. And it also helps with preventing wear and tear on the belt when using attachments. I find this feature veryuseful and can't imagine using a vacuum without it now.
10. How long a bag will last depends on how dirty your home is. The first bag I used lasted about 3 months. So at about $1 a bag, it costs us $4 a year in bags - not bad at all - I can live with that considering the purchase price of around $120 for the vacuum, compared to over $200 for the some of the bagless types of vacuums.
11. It has a headlight for lighting up those dark shadowy corners - this may be a gimmick to some but for others, it helps to see under sofas etc. There's no harm in a headlight - at least not that I've ever seen!
12. It will get quite low under sofas etc but, like most vacuums, it will start lifting off the floor at the front when you try to push the handle almost parallel with the floor. But for getting under dining tables or chairs, this is not a problem.
The color isn't bad either (mid-blue)! How reliable it will be in the long term only time will tell. Coming from a bagless vacuum that lasted almost 10 years (dirt devil platinum force that was heavy but great), this vacuum has a lot to live up to. But for now it has been 6 months and it's still going strong.
The Negatives ?
1. The cable is too short - it should have been another 5-6 feet longer to prevent you having to unplug and replug more often. No big deal but for the cost of $1 or $2 of cable surely the manufacturer could make life much easier for consumers?! The cord isn't retractable but that's not a big deal as it takes all of about 5 seconds to wrap it manually around the handle.
2. As many has already mentioned, the attachment hose is too short. It needs to be able to open up longer as all it does is pull the vacuum when you try to extend it and makes the vacuum fall over if extended more than about 4 feet. Why not make it longer so that it opens easier and extends further.
3. It definitely needs another extention tube so that you don't have to bend down when using the crevice tools. Again, why skimp on what could have been a great vacuum by not including a $2 piece of plastic tube - seriously? - come on Hoover - THINK guys. This can be back-breaking if you're not young anymore!
4. Don't rely on the 'bag full' indicator as it doesn't work. My bag was full to the inlet pipe and the indicator didn't change color. So it's best to just open the front (with the press of one button) and check it manually every now and again. No big deal really.
5. It really could do with another handle towards the bottom of the upright part to allow easy lifting and control when using the vacuum on the stairs (if not using the attachements as I frequently do).
6. Finally I like vacuums where the brush housing doesn't stick out further than the rear wheels. This saves your furniture from damage when pulling the vacuum backwards by making sure the brush housing doesn't snag on chair legs etc. This one comes close but just misses the mark by having a housing that returns around the brush at a 45 degree angle. There is a rubber 'bumper' guard' but that doesn't help when pulling backwards. It would have been helpful if this edge had been rounded as it still has the potential to snag when pulling backwards. Ideally, there should be no corner and the housing should continue straight back around the rear wheels (ie like a square housing). This would prevent snags completely.
In all, I reckon that the improvements would add about $5-10 in cost. Heck, I'd pay another $10 for such improvements as this would make this perhaps the best vacuum around. Is it really that hard?! Come on Hoover - listen to us consumers who use these things in the REAL WORLD !!! - it would make a difference for once.
Well you can cross negative #5 off the list. The bottom of the light on the vacuum is actually moulded into the shape of a handle - so if you grab the light at the bottom it acts as a handle. I found this out purely by accident when I went to grab the vacuum as it was slipping from my hand. Even more reason to like this vacuum !!!
Great for pet clean up of hair and general housekeeping. Plenty of suction and the pet tool with the rubber blades works great.
After four years of use this vacuum is a winner. We have a small long hair dog and it has never failed to pickup the dog hair and perform other general housekeeping chores.
A few key items to keep the vacuum performing well.
1. Change the bag as soon as it fills with hair. Mine lasts about 3 -4 months with weekly house cleaning.
2. Clean the two filters in the bottom of the bag compartment and side compartment. No need to replace with new. Just wash and re-install.
3. The belt needs to be replaced every 2 years at a minimum. Sooner if possible. The belt stretches and wears out preventing the agitator brush from working well. The belt is easy to replace but remember this model has a lever on top of the vacuum body that releases tension on the belt. Pressing the lever and releasing belt tension makes it easy to replace the belt. But, it is easy to install the belt incorrectly and have it touch the top of the vacuum which will wear out the belt in a very short time. Take a picture of the existing installed belt before installing the new belt.
Belt number #562289001 from Hoover parts.
4. Replace the agitator brush. Few people do this yet it is necessary to keep the vacuum working well. The brush bristles wear out. I replace the brush every 2 years. The brush is easier to replace than the roller so no reason not to do it. Brush part number is #303202001.
I previously owned hoover vacuums and loved them. My last Hoover finally died after 15+ years and probably would have been fine if I hadn't tried to vacuum up pebbles from the kids shoes. I bought a bissel pet hair eraser thinking it might do better on pet hair. The hand tool stopped working after a month and the suction continued to get weak despite the constant filter cleaning. My carpet looked dingy and the nap would no longer pick up. Although the bissel still works, it will be retired to my office where the demands of a vacuum are not so tough.
After one use of the new hoover on my living room carpet, the nap picked back up, the dingy look (black dog) disappeared and it looked like my carpet was at least 2 shades lighter. The bag did fill up after one day but this is not something I would expect after regular use since the bissel didn't pick up much.
The rubber on the rollers does a great job of attracting the dog hair and lint. The suction in the hose is very powerful and I like how it locks into place so that it is not hanging in my way when not in use. The bags are easy to attach and release and the cord in a nice long length. This vacuum is a great value for the price!
UPDATE: After using this vacuum for a few months now I still love it! The light weight is easy to use on stairs and the suction is still as powerful as day one. The rubber on the attachments has made my sofas pet hair free. I don't get as much kick back on bare floors as I have with other vacuums. I'm thinking about purchasing another one to keep on a different floor since I have 3 floors and like to have quick, easy access if company comes over. Great purchase, well worth the money.
NEW UPDATE: I don't normally keep updating reviews but found another feature about this vacuum that may be helpful. I use the rotating hand tool often and never had problems with it. One day it stopped rotating and I thought it was either a loss or if I had the patience, would take hours and multiple tools to fix. I was pleasantly surprised to find that on the back of the hand tool has two easy sliding clips that allows access into the rollers. After a few seconds of clearing trapped furr in the gears and rollers, I popped the back on, fastened the clips, and went back to vacuuming. No tools needed! Hope this helps others!