Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 78 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 88 reviews
on March 12, 2012
Originally I wasn't going to get a Silicone protector for my Vita. I was going to go with another companies skin-like protector product (Which I may review at another time) but being the nitpicky person I am about he neatness of my gadgets, as well as an unfortunate dealing with that other product, I decided I needed to get something to shield my expensive, glossy, investment. So I sought out Hori once again.

As a disclaimer, as if you all couldn't guess, I've used Hori products with stellar results in the past. But I do want to say that I did try to look to other companies for Silicone protectors prior to coming back around to Hori's.

Hori's Silicone Protector, after inspecting quite a few protectors as closely as I could in pictures across the greater internet, really appeared to provide both the right level of protection I was looking for, as well as a level of grip that I wasn't seeing in the competition. Also, the protector itself is a more solid black color, rather then the more see through greyish I was finding else where, that was another big selling point to me.

Getting the protector on the Vita was ridiculously easy, literally took all of 3 seconds, and it actually makes holding the handheld, which I found likes to try to slip from my hands when using the back touch pad, all the more easier. Coupled with Sony's easy to place screen protectors, I feel pretty confident my system will be mostly free of scratches, finger prints and dust for a while, and I'll get to spend more time playing then meticulously wiping everything down. I will warn you all however, this will probably NOT guard your Vita all that well in the event of a serious drop, or a big liquid spill. The protection has its limits, and its in the thickness of the silicone (which is thick enough to be pretty sturdy) and the seams where the Vita's parts need to show through.

Disclaimer 2: I didn't get my protector from Amazon, I had order it and it was on backorder for too long. Being a person who likes their stuff protected before they start messing with it, I couldn't wait any longer to play with my Vita (having it sit there taunting me was a pain), so I actually found it in stock in one of the mass market, brick and mortar, retail establishments that might be near by just about any one reading this.

Not a hit against Amazon, I would have been very pleased to have completed my order with them, they've never let me down, but I had to look for an alternative while it was out of stock here.
on June 5, 2014
I'm not sure why I can find a great protective case for my 3DS XL and for my Vita that seems to be like trying to move the Earth and Sun. This product is decent. It is "cut out" well with all the buttons and holes in the right place. It's easy to get on but it's a bit loose when on but I know that is because so much has to be left exposed on a Vita compared to a DS. the worst thing is that it covers up the light that shows if the Vita is charging when you plug it in which is annoying since I've occasionally thought I was charging it only to find out something wasn't quite plugged in snuggly enough. It seems like it would provide a fair amount of protection for a small to medium height drop although I honestly, thankfully, haven't had the opportunity to test that.
on July 18, 2015
I've been using this on my vita for over a year and a half now and it is still in great shape. The silicone material helps to grip the device better while playing games. Should you accidentally drop your vita, this helps to protect it from damage and screen cracks. It fits the vita well and is easy to put on and remove.
My only complaint is that the charger will not plug completely into the vita while this silicone grip is on. It is easy to move it over to the side, but the first time I didn't realize that it wasn't plugged in all the way so I was confused as to why my battery wasn't charging. Overall, good product.
on February 7, 2014
I bought this mainly because I wanted a "bumper" between my Vita and whatever surface I set it on. I was tired of feeling like I needed to be careful every time I set down my Vita. This doesn't really remedy that, unfortunately. The protector is very thin and doesn't really offer any bounce back with it.

It's not the snuggest fit. Some areas like the top edge of the screen in particular move around. On top of that, it doesn't really offer any extra grip to the system. The silicone is smooth and not very textured. I'd argue it offers even less because of how the case can slip around in certain parts.

Right after I put this protector on, I almost immediately wanted to take it off.

So who do I recommend this to? Well, if you want to protect the areas this protector covers from minor scratches and dings, then I guess it might do an okay job. That's about it.

Pros:
- Covers areas screen protectors wont.
- Makes some buttons easier to press (i.e. power button and start/select).

Cons:
- Does't add grip.
- Is thin and flimsy.
- Cover the PS button so that you can't see the light.
- Wont offer much "bounce" protection if your device were to drop.

All in all, I don't feel like my Vita is any safer with the product on and the pros are very minor, therefore I feel it's wasted money.
on May 5, 2014
Not only does the Hori Silicone Protector save your Vita from scuffs and scratches but it also provides some much needed gripiness to the device and makes the form factor a slightly better fit for my hands. It also still fits in the case that I bought for it so that is an added bonus. If you are going to be taking the silicone protector on and off for some reason, you may not want to buy this product because the protector will stretch out after repeated use. I have no plans on ever taking the protector off and therefore, it will remain snug and in place.

Again, if you are looking for a good way to keep your Vita a little more safe, this is a great option!
on October 12, 2013
The HORI PS Vita Silicone Protector is verry helpful. Not having a protective case for my PS Vita, this helps alot. The silicone protector covers alot of the system so it helps keep a majority of the system from getting scratched. I don't know how well it will keep the PS Vita protected if you drop it (I havn't tested it), but I don't advise trying it. If your looking for something to just keep your system from getting scratched up, then this is a good case for you. If you get this, I would suggest getting some screen protectors for the screen and the touch screen on the back to keep your system realy protected.
on May 9, 2012
Covering up a Vita to protect is a difficult task to execute. Every side of the device has some kind of touch interface, cable port or card slot. The silicone protector is skimpy, but it covers up everything that it possibly can. I have the Hori screen protector on mine as well as this silicone protector. to protect the back pad from scratches, I actually found an inexpensive protector from another manufacturer. Now my Vita is fully protected from scuffing. Its also easier to grip onto. Smells nice.

The one improvement it could have used is that the silicone could have been semi-transparent black silicone so we could see the charging LED without having to modify it by puncturing a hole like the other reviewer did. So minus one star for that.
on December 12, 2012
I'm in the group that after about 30 minutes or so of playing a game, the Vita's glossy coating becomes too slippery... So I ordered this about 3 days after I received my Vita. It fits great, except it's a little loose on the top of the front, but nothing that ruins the product. I do wish they would come out with other colors besides black, but whatever.

I've had the Hori case on my Vita for months now and it hasn't come off once. I love it. Since then I have ordered some other silicone cases (for the colors) and found all of them to fit poorly.

By far the best silicone case I've purchased.
on January 12, 2013
Fits the PS Vita very well and adds a bit of protection to it. It won't protect against high drops onto hard flooring or anything like that. It will protect against the odd time you bump the system into a wall or table and don't want it to get scratched. Also adds a grippy feeling to the system so the feeling of dropping it is minimized. Had to cut out the home button slot so I can see the light when it is charging, but other than that it fits the Vita like a glove.
on August 7, 2012
I have a slight issue with this product being referred to as a silicone "protector". It works wonders as far as added grip and a relief on fingerprint burdens, but I don't really feel anymore confident about dropping my vita, with or without the HORI silicone covering. This isn't so much of an issue with me, because, after somewhat familiarizing myself with the handheld via gamestop/best buy demo versions, I knew fingerprint protection was gonna be my main area of concern; the HORI addresses this excellently. I absolutely recommend the "protector" for those who likewise are concerned with better gripping and aesthetic preservation, but those in search of actual protection will want to get an actual case as well.

As far as delivery, actually getting the item I ordered and shipping speed, Amazon shines once again; got it by the estimated date, no issues as far as receiving the wrong items either. Hope this helps my fellow vita owners out there!