Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 196 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 211 reviews
on June 25, 2015
I recently bought the Mario 3DS XL and needed to find a case. I saw this one first in a store but checked here instead.
I absolutely love it! It's well made. The graphic on the front is perfect for fans of the original Mario games and there's even zipper pulls that look like 8bit coins.
My system fits perfectly inside even with my protective cover on. I have no cons. I am 100% satisfied.
review image review image review image review image
on August 18, 2015
I bought the Pikachu themed case from HORI as well so if you've seen my review on that case you will find that this review is very similar. I mean they are practically the same case minus the different aesthetic.

Looks great. Comes with 6 slots for any New 3DS/3DS/DSi/DS games, which if you're using this for travelling purposes (what other reason is there? aesthetic?) should be more than enough games to suit your needs. You'll either arrive at your destination or your 3DS will die (assuming you aren't able to charge during your travels: some people can) from low battery.

Comes with a slot to store one stylus, and of course a big open storage area for your New 3DS/3DS XL. As I have literally just received this a few hours ago, I haven't actually needed to use it for travelling yet, but I've been messing around with the case, filling it up with all my New 3DS goodies and it works like a charm. The retro themed aesthetic tops it off. Great buy for a decent price.

Can never go wrong with HORI branded products, seeing as they're usually officially backed by Nintendo themselves anyways.
on April 12, 2017
I love this case, it's high quality and tough. Holds my GPD XD perfectly. The only reason I took off a star is because it inexplicably has some glitter on the front of the case, a bit of which I was unable to completely remove, but the case is good otherwise.
on October 1, 2015
This case is perfect for the New 3DS XL, and there's even room(little pockets on a separate inside tab) for six game cartridges. There's no room for anything else really, but that's the only downside of not having a really bulky case. Plus, this Hori case has that awesome retro look, perfect for Mario fans and those who want something less 'cute' for their New 3DS XL. This is made pretty well and your handheld will be protected(in style). :)
on November 2, 2015
I bought this case for my son's 6th birthday. I looked around for a good case for a while and this one looked not only nice, but of good quality.
The case came on time and it was well packed. As soon as I saw it, I could tell I had made a good choice. This case is made of a thick material on the outside which protects the ds well. The design is nice; it looks just like pictured.
The inside of the case has a space for the ds, which is secured by a strap, and a flap when you can store 6 games, or even 12 if you want to double them. The games are secure in the spaces, but easy enough for my son to put in and take out by himself. On the other side of the flap there's a bit more room to store other things. You could store more games there, but they wouldn't be secured with anything.
I am very pleased with the case and my son loves it and takes it with him everywhere.
on March 2, 2014
This case is awesome. That's all there is to say about it. This case is awesome.
The design is really cool. Really I love the 8 Bit Mario, it just looks great. This case is a bit different than my older one. On the inside there is a single strap that goes down the middle in opposed to the four straps in my older case, (Two used to hold a 3DS XL, and the other two smaller ones used to hold a regular 3DS) I'll admit that the quality of the strap does worry me slightly. According to another reviewer the strap wore out, so I've been careful with mine to make sure that doesn't happen. But so far it's good.
Now the deal breaker for this item to me was that it was cheaper than usual, and it would allow me to carry more games around. My old case only allowed me to hold four games, three games in the case and a single game in the 3DS. But this one increases my portable library to seven, six games in the case and one in the DS. So that was a plus to me.
The only real problem I had with this case was that upon opening it I was assaulted with the smell of new rubber. This case reeked for a good while, but after letting it air out for a good day or so it was ready to go so I can't really count that as a detractor as it wasn't a long lasting problem, just remember to prepare your nose for when you first open it.
on May 20, 2015
I bought this to use with my New 3DS XL in a clear skin case. The console and games fit, but there is no room for anything else (like the charger). I bought this new for about 10 bucks, anything less than 15 is probably a good deal for what you get. The artwork looks good and it feels like it should hold up. The outside is kinda in-between soft and hard, should provide plenty of protection for the Gameboy inside. I wish it held more games, or at least held the game in a little more securely, I have had some fall out when opening the case before. If the inside of the case was oriented 180 degrees you could charge your console in the case with it mostly closed up, that would have been nice. There is a strap to hold in the console, but I don't use it as the console is slightly too big with a plastic skin case to use the strap.
on February 8, 2016
This case is amazing! I wanted a case that could protect my Nintendo 3ds and I found it. There are tons of pros and not so many cons with this one.

Pros
~This case has a zipper that goes all the way around.
~This case has a cute Mario that sticks out and is plastic
~The zipper on this case has a coin as a pull
~There is an Net on the inside to keep the DS seperate from accessories

Con
~Case is soft so if you drop little to no protection
~Mario is painted on plastic so may fade or chip over time
~Fabric is rayon and may snag

Overall this is a great case and a must have for any Nintendo fan!
on May 7, 2015
i bought this to give my MM N3DS XL a cozy home with a special design that makes the pouch more elegant

the new updated 3DS fits perfectly in this 3DS XL pouch and it has good material feel with 6 slots to put your DS \ 3DS & N3DS cartridges and a styles holder in an organized divider .

and the 8Bit mario design on top makes and old school gamer feel happy

worth the purchase
review image review image review image
on August 16, 2014
I have had this for a while now, and I still really like it. It is made with quality material, and I am not afraid if I drop it with my ds in it. The only thing I am worried about is if it will scar the case!! I would highly recommend this case if you are looking for a small travel case that holds a few games. Holds 6 total games and an extra stylus. There is enough room in the case to carry extra but they will be loose in there. You could also double up the games in the holders so you could carry 12 if you wanted to but I imagine that it will eventually stretch out. I only have 3 games so I have never kept games in there like that for any length of time.