Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "HP iPAQ 111 Classic Handheld (FA979AA#ABA) (110 Se..." and save 84% off the $329.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
HP iPAQ 111 Classic Handheld (FA979AA#ABA) (110 Series)
|Price:||$350.00 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Handheld PDA with Windows Mobile 6 Classic operating system and 3.5-inch touchscreen
- View and edit Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files with Microsoft Office Mobile; sync email and calendar from desktop with Outlook Mobile
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g); Bluetooth connectivity for handsfree devices and peripherals; expansion slot for optional SD/SDIO memory cards
- Listen to music and watch videos using Windows Media Player 10 Mobile; view, share, and manage photos
- What's in the Box: HP IPAQ 111, standard battery, stylus, AC Adapter with power cord, mini USB synchronization/charge cable, slip case, documentation, HP iPAQ
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Designed to help keep your action-packed life in balance, iPAQ 110 Classic Handheld makes an excellent - and affordable - companion to your cell phone. This slim, stylish organizer also lets you go online with Wi-Fi to stay in touch and keep your calendar, contacts, and tasks up to date. What's in the Box: HP IPAQ 111, standard battery, stylus, AC Adapter with power cord, mini USB synchronization/charge cable, slip case and documentation.
Designed to help keep your fast-paced life in balance, the HP iPAQ 111 Classic Handheld makes an excellent--and affordable--companion to your cell phone. Just over 1/2-inch thin and just under 4 ounces light, it fits securely in your hand with a non-slip finish. Easily see what you're doing, indoors and out, on the big, bright 3.5-inch touchscreen display.
The HP iPAQ 111 features a 3.5-inch screen, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, SD/SDIO expansion, and Windows Mobile 6 Classic operating system.
This slim, stylish organizer also lets you go online with Wi-Fi to keep your calendar, contacts, and tasks up to date. The integrated Wi-Fi networking makes it easy to access to Internet and email at the office, home or campus, and at other Wi-Fi hotspots at airports, cafes and hotels. Connect to Bluetooth accessories like headsets and keyboards to be more productive--you can even connect to your Bluetooth mobile phone to go online (requires compatible phone and cellular data plan). The Wireless Connection Manager helps you extend your battery life--check your connections and turn them off when you're not using them.
The iPAQ 111 is also a great mobile entertainment companion, allowing you to listen to your music collection and watch videos with the Windows Media Player Mobile. You can store music and video files on optional Secure Digital (SD) memory cards (the SD slot also accepts SDIO cards). You can also view, share, and manage your photos with HP Photosmart Mobile, as well as play pre-installed games or download your favorites from the Internet.
- Stay productive on the road with familiar software: Windows Mobile 6 Classic OS, Microsoft Office Mobile (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Microsoft Office Outlook Mobile; you can even view PDF documents
- Get things done fast with the powerful Marvell PXA310 624MHz processor
- Arrive at appointments on time by having your calendar and contact information handy
- Synchronize email and documents to take with you
- Check email at the office, home, or campus, and at other Wi-Fi hotspots at airports, cafes, and hotels
- Use Bluetooth to go online and connect to your Internet-enabled mobile phone when Wi-Fi is not available
- Connect Bluetooth peripherals (sold separately) like headphones and keyboards
- Extend your battery life by checking your wireless connections and turning them off as needed
- View, share, and manage photos on the bright 3.5-inch touch screen
- Play games and download them from the Internet
- Listen to music and watch videos using Windows Media Player 10 Mobile
- Get peace of mind with the one-year limited warranty
- Wireless: Integrated WiFi (802.11 b/g with WPA2 security); Bluetooth v2.0 with EDR
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows Mobile 6 Classic
- Microsoft programs included: Office Mobile , Office Outlook Mobile, Internet Explorer Mobile, Windows Media Player 10
- Processor: Marvell PXA310, 624 MHz
- Display: 3.5-inch transflective TFT RGB color 240 x 320 pixel touch screen with LED backlight
- Memory: 64 MB SDRAM main memory for running applications; 256 MB flash ROM
- Power: 1200 mAh lithium-ion rechargeable, user changeable battery
- Connectivity: Mini-USB 2.0 port for sync/data/charge, SDIO high-capacity card slot
- Audio: Integrated microphone, receiver, speaker, 3.5mm 4-pin headphone jack
- Hardware buttons: 5-way navigation with press to activate, 4 programmable, voice recorder, power, reset
- HP exclusive applications: iPAQ Wireless Manager, HP Photosmart Mobile, HP QuickStart Tour, HP iPAQ Setup Assistant, HP Help and Support, Bluetooth Manager, Certificate Enroller, Asset Viewer
- Warranty One-year parts and labor in most regions; 90 days technical support for software.
- Dimensions: 4.59 x 2.71 x 0.54 inches
- Weight (with battery): 3.68 ounces
What's in the Box
HP IPAQ 111, standard battery, stylus, AC Adapter with power cord, mini USB synchronization/charge cable, slip case, documentation, HP iPAQ Companion CD
Powered by Windows Mobile 6
Microsoft's Windows Mobile 6 Classic updates the Windows Mobile 5 platform with a number of handy features that make searching through email, editing Microsoft Office documents, and staying on top of your most important communications even easier. Emails can now be viewed in their original rich HTML format and now offer the ability to visit embedded links. It also includes Windows Live for Windows Mobile, which provides a full set of Windows Live services, such as the Windows Live Messenger IM application, enabling you to chat with more than one person at one time or send a file.
With Windows Mobile 6 Classic, your phone will finally be able to emulate the power and features of your PC's Microsoft Office suite. You'll be able to neatly view, navigate and edit Word documents and Excel spreadsheets in their original formatting--without affecting tables, images or text--as well as view PowerPoint presentations.
- Microsoft Office Word Mobile features include spell-check, Find and Replace commands, bulleted lists, text formatting, and support for tables for the first time.
- With Excel Mobile, you’re not just confined to editing charts: with the new Chart Wizard you can create charts quickly and easily.
- PowerPoint Mobile allows you to view the full presentation, rehearse timings, check the order and any live links you may have in your presentation. You can then email comments back to the team or communicate via MSN Messenger for an immediate response.
- After creating or editing a Word document or Excel spreadsheet, you can synchronize it with your PC and it will automatically be converted to the PC version.
All Windows Mobile 6 powered devices include Direct Push Technology for up-to-date email delivery and automatic synchronization of Outlook calendars, tasks and contacts through Microsoft Exchange Server. It also offers a set of important device security and management features that include the capability to remotely wipe all data from a device should it be lost or stolen, helping ensure that confidential information remains that way.
Top customer reviews
I used Audilbe.com software and that has installed easily and works fine. I installed a 4gigbyte SD card, and have stored over 10 full length audible books on to it, and still have plenty of room for added storage. This PDA is very light compared to my 4700, and that is a big bonus. So I have the same performance of an $800.00 PDA, but with a much improved OS, light in weight and very light in price.
I am a Prime Amazon member, and for just $4.00 more I got over night shipping. The product has a USB cable, and an AC power supply for faster charging than the USB. Amazon also offers a cradle-charger, which I recommend. There are two types of cradles. One is your basic cradle and the other will hold another battery and charge it, along with being a cradle. I use a nice software program that displays a full screen size clock, and I use the cradle/PDA as a holder. Thus I have an easily to read bedside clock.
I use this PDA at work, I am a health care provider, so I am constantly referencing to software that I have purchased. So the small size and easy to read screen, along with over all speed and storage is all a very welcome change from my large iPAQ 4700.
I know the trend is to have a PDA with a phone, but I personally haven't found one that combines both features well. I use Outlook and since the OS is Microsoft, the syncing to my computer using WinXP is just easy and complete. All the changes I made during the day are transferred to my Outlook on my desktop computer and vice versa. So not only do they keep in sync, but I always have a backup of my Outlook on my PDA. With the Wi-Fi I can be anywhere in my home and connect to my email or the internet quickly and securely and no added cost.
This handheld does all I ask of it, as well as a bunch of things I don't know how to work yet, and it was a very reasonable price. Windows Mobile has quite a few programs you can buy to add on to it although I haven't bought any yet.
Service through HP seems to be quite good; I called them and asked a few questions and they were happy to answer.
I do like this quite a bit....but I still missed my Palm.
Reasons I prefer this device to an IPHONE: I had neither the need nor desire to have telephonic capability from the device. Let my phone be my phone. Included charger is a USB to AC/power adapter. The unit also charges through a regular USB connection to PC,which means you can take it to any computer and exchange data through the common and prevalent USB standard. The IPAQ is expandable up to 32 Gigs I believe, through the side located SD/SDHC card slot. There are many applications available. The file format is .CAB, i.e. "cabinet files" which appear as zipped or rarred compressed folders when you view them on a PC. Executable Cab programs are diverse. There's organizers, wifi sniffers, several internet browsers, text and ebook readers for most major formats, several PDF readers, specialized programs for engineering and data, image editing, rudimentary CAD, and I have no doubt that specific and or proprietary software has been written for specialized applications for your organization.
The Operating System(OS) is Microsoft Windows Mobile 6. It has been described that the unit is capable of running Linux though there are more opportune devices of this type for that functionality I believe. You will perhaps want to customize it with more intuitive file and menu structure cab files as some of the interface elements are written in a less than intuitive fashion, but that's a matter of preference. The standard menus are usable.
If you find yourself in many locations all at once you can certainly pair a bluetooth keyboard with it and type up reports on the fly.
I stood at the local Microcenter, in my hand an example of the unit I had just ordered(prior to having received it), suddenly a bit dismayed when I gazed at the screen of its next model up- the 211. The 211 has a 640x480(VGA)resolution, while the 111 is only 320x240(1/4 of or'QVGA') That's my only major gripe about the 111, and QVGA isnt horrible by any stretch for most tasks. That...and...bummer...no GPS unless you connect an external module. Also,this is an older unit from 2007 so there was no reason to pay full retail for it.
Oh...let me excuse myself...the BATTERY LIFE is pretty horrid. I would suggest plugging it into the wall if you're going to do something like read text on it for an extended period of time. I paired the device,charger, USB cord, and a few SD cards with a small bag from lowepro that was made for a digital point n shoot camera because i like to keep equipment and all vital accessories in the same case.
All in all I'm very pleased with the unit. Plays music of course. Great for students. There's a whole lot that it can do. Places like Staples and Bestbuy have for some screwball reason stopped carrying PDAs alltogether! Idiots! Theyre so frickin usefull. There are a slew of PDAs available out there from several good manufacturers, many of them with telephonic capability. They are not "smartphones"...they are PDAs, and it's a good market share for specialized applications in my esteem. Oh well.
I do like the interface with my computer ability to sync my calendar and "to do" lists and the ability to scan current pricing for components I am considering while with clients.
If the unit's Operating manual had been a bit more explicit (or I hadn't been so dense), 5 stars would be the rating.