Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by Luke Bryan PCB for Musical Instruments Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 3, 2014
Excellent laptop so far, touch is great, very good looking design. It's a little heavier than what I expected. Doesn't feel cheap at all. However, the hinges of the screen feel a little bit weak, backlit keyboard is great.
on June 23, 2014
Unfortunately I received a machine , though packaged properly and sealed, with a blank hard drive in RAW. Not even formatted, so I believe this could've been a mistake, but due to the long painful process (this being my supposedly second replacement from HP) I have to admit I was extremely disappointed and upset. As a customer of many years, I have to say I will turn elsewhere for computers as HP has lost it's touch with laptop quality assurance standards.

The first Pavilion laptop melted while on my desk, and 8 months later the replacement ENVY they've sent also met the same fate while out in a meeting. (Lost all my data as well due to the fact that the hard drive was corrupted somehow during the overheating.) I hope HP gets back on it's feet someday in the future.
on April 25, 2014
So far, this computer has been working well for me. It was a little thicker and heavier than I expected, but you can't expect a MacBook Air at this price. However, it does make up for it since the touchscreen requires space. Also, there is free 4g wifi, 200 mb a month from t mobile. And no, you do not need a t mobile phone nor do you have to pay any extra for it. Right now, they gave it for a month but the descriptions for the computer say for the life of the device so I am guessing that it can be renewed.
The keyboard has an extra row on the right side for "home", "end", etc. at first, it was annoying since I would accidentally press home when reaching for the backspace, but you can quickly get used to it. The backlit keyboard is also really nice and there's an easy button on the keyboard for it, along with the sound and brightness adjustments.
The laptop looks very nice with the same silver as macs. The touchscreen is also very useful especially with windows eight. I don't really like windows 8, but that is not related to the laptop product itself. I guess that needs time getting used to? Anyway, i would recommend this computer to anybody looking for a fast (boots up in approximately 15 or so seconds) and useful computer.
on May 13, 2015
I had to return the first shipped laptop because of some hardware issues; got a new one right back (after paying 40$ on shipping) but then the laptop I got was even worse. Stall for several hours, trying to reboot multiple times, it would not start all time. Just a matter of luck to get to run. It does get pretty hot, and surprisingly slow. Contact HP help and they were most interested on selling me a damage protection package rather than solving the product with their defective product. I strongly argue against buying this type of ultrabook, worse laptop I ever own. Does not have anything "ultra".
on October 30, 2014
So, I bought this laptop for college/university and I am absolutely in love with it.

It has a decent battery life as long as you're not overloading it, which is understandable. It is also pretty light and it runs my video games pretty well! The touch-screen is handy and the memory size is really good. Also, it turns on and off pretty quickly for a computer that doesn't have an SSD.

Overall, I love this laptop!
on May 7, 2014
I bought it for my wife a few weeks ago and up to this moment the laptop has proven itself as a very good one. The primarily use is for Architectural design and 3D rendering.

So far so good!
on August 26, 2014
After spending hours loading software and transferring data the computer crashed and stopped working soon after I got it. I then spent more time with HP customer service trying to get it to work. Something was wrong with this one from the start. I returned it. Amazon made the return painless.
on August 28, 2014
I regret to inform that this has been a terrible mistake on my part. Please do not be lured by the HP Worldwide Warranty card this product comes with. The display conked off within a month of purchase. The spare parts are not available outside the US. To top it all you are subjected to HP's award winning service (HP, who are you kidding?). I have spoken to Customer Service centers both in India and US and guess what? they dont know how to resolve this issue. Hold times are at least 45min to about 1:00hr at the minimum. Plus, the Customer Service Manager (L3 Support) is so badly equipped that they do not even have an email address where you can forward them the concern. Supervisors based in India wash off their hands and tell you to go contact the CEO! :P HP is just being true to its tag line "Make it Matter". This could have been an non issue if they had reasonable customer service, but again HP wants to provide you all the grief and - Make it Matter!
on May 17, 2014
Pros: Super-fast processing
Great graphics
Touch screen is great - once you get used to it

Cons: Speakers are surprisingly quiet (especially for them being Beats Audio)
Weak Wi-Fi range- won't pick up a signal from a room away (tried several routers to see if that was the problem)
on September 30, 2014
I like the product, I can not take advantage of the 4g t-mobile because we are out of USA