Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: HP 2000-299WM Notebook Computer
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports

on January 7, 2012
I've only had this for 24 hours but it seems like a really nice laptop. Was looking at buying a netbook to access internet while traveling but found this and it does that plus allow me to view dvds and download stuff. Not much on here in terms of programs - only a basic word and excel. No powerpoint. Can buy the full Microsoft office for $110, no thanks. Has Windows 7, internet explorer, etc. Have been connected to wifi in rv park and I'm getting fairly fast speeds. With this large screen and keyboard and for only about $50 more than a netbook this is definately a good choice for me. Found this a Wallyworld for $298.
on February 4, 2012
Needed a new laptop for school and so I went to Walmart and found this one for $298. It comes with the basic programs (Microsoft word )which you can later purchase the full program. It works really good, was very easy to set up, pretty fast with the wifi, no waiting around for the page to load, it's fairly light weight for a laptop, all in all if you need a computer and are on a budget this is a great one and you wont be disappointed.
on February 5, 2012
Put simply this laptop is excellent... The only thing that is not amazing is the Intel onboard video... which I would say is adequate... but all other aspects are surprisingly great for the price... It does play Netflix and they like perfectly fine... all components rate fairly high on the Windows User Experience rating system... except the video which is sort of in the middle of the rating... So unless you want serious games this computer is great... Long battery life with the 6-cell battery. I am blown away by the quality for the price, this laptop cannot be beat (got mine at walmart for 298!)
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 18, 2012
This computer does a great job on basic functions. It is pretty good for multimedia and has a decent battery life. The word processing functions are great and the computer is sleek and attractive. It doesn't weigh very much and that makes in convenient to travel with. The keyboard is sturdy and well built and the touch pad for the mouse is not overly sensitive so you don't make too many mistakes by accidentally bumping it. The screen is clear and movies look great on it. The sound is loud and clear and it has just enough ports to make it convenient for all types of functions. I have enjoyed using this computer for the past year and would recommend it for anyone looking for a decent laptop at a reduced price.
on January 31, 2012
My desk top died and went to Walmart to buy another desktop a friend suggested a lap top. This is the first laptop I have ever baught or used. I take it everywhere I go just about now. It was so easy to set up and use. I did not ever think I would get a lap top but I am so glad I got this one. I really really like this one. The price was under $300 I got a wireless mouse to go with it total out the door was $350 tax and all you can not beat this computer.
on September 8, 2014
My laptop arrived on the first day of estimated delivery which was within a week. Its a very nice slim design and has a great webcam. Very fast for surfing the web. I would highly recommend T. Joiner for your laptop needs.
on March 11, 2012
after finding this computer at walmart i decided to check the amazon reviews. everyone else bought theirs at walmart for this remarkably low price. i've had it for 3 weeks and like it. as my first full sized laptop i now appreciate the convenience and will not go back to a desktop. it's nice to watch netflix at night in bed for $8 a month. i'm not sure how tough it his so i'm being gentle with it. and the battery seems to only last 2-3 hours. i rate it 4 stars because it doesn't feel bullet proof and it's just 3 weeks. in a year i will change the rating to 5 stars if there are no problems.
on May 26, 2015
I just bought this computer and I really love it. It can handle most of my programs with no problem, and it has a really good design. the screen display good colors and it never lags. Im pretty happy with my purchase. The only problem that I have is with the battery, it doesnt last more than an hour and a half with the 100% of charge, but since this computer was bought used I think the problem is not from the computer it self.
on February 10, 2012
I am an older student enrolled at a major university, and needed a laptop that was reasonable and dependable. This is my first laptop but have owned HP desktops with similar processors and this PC meets and exceeds my needs. Very satisfied with this computer! I would highly recommend this laptop to anyone with similar needs.
on August 25, 2013
I have had this computer for going on 2 years and it is a complete piece of crap. It has been nothing but trouble from day one. It loses connection constantly and you have to shut the browser down and pull it all back up. Or it will just sit there and do nothing. There are connection lost screens that pop up constantly for no reason. If I use it while someone else is using anything that requires internet it will kick them off or not allow them on the internet at all. I can run 3 xboxes all on xbox live at the same time but if I turn this thing on it shuts everyone down. I have searched numerous sites on trouble shooting and nothing has worked. I hate this laptop and couldn't even with good conscience sell it to someone. It is a cheap laptop and it shows.

See 1 answered question