Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year

on August 2, 2011
When shopping for a new monitor for my new HP computer I did not care for the 20-inch monitor that was bundled with the computer package (HP 2011x). Best Buy carried the 2011x and the 2311x HP monitors, 20-inches and 23-inches respectively. The 20-inch was kind of small and the 23-inch seemed over-powering in size. These were the only two that Best Buy stocked and I really wanted to keep everything the same brand, my tower, my monitor and printer. I started to look online for other monitors when I discovered that HP made this 21.5-inch monitor (2211x) that was in between the two other sizes. I found the best price on Amazon and ordered it. The monitor is stylish and looks great. The colors are vibrant and reading printed material from the web or Word documents is not a problem. It came with both a standard VGA cable and a DVI cable. Unfortunately, this particular sized monitor and sizes below it, do not come with the HDMI input. You will need to get the 23-inch or above to get the option for an HDMI input. In my case it did not matter because my computer doesn't have an HDMI output anyway, so having the DVI is fine. I liked the fact that both cables are included in the box! Being that the monitor is LED it is very light and easy to move around. I am extremely happy with it so far and was glad to see that HP offered a mid-sized monitor in this series.
29 helpful votes
30 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on February 6, 2012
My HP vs-19 LCD monitor quit suddenly after about 6 years of steady use so I began a hunt for a replacement. I was attracted to this monitor because of its features. It was offered at a very good price and I was stuck using my laptop and lost access to many of my files and applications. I finally ordered this one as a compromise between the smaller and the larger one. When received, I plugged it in and was pleasantly surprised with both the ease of installation and the quality of the display! It has full HD aspect ratio and both VGA and DVI-D inputs for those with high end video cards. It comes with a DVI-D as well as a VGA cable so no need for cable purchases! The native 1920 x 1080 resolution is incredibly sharp and the colors are brilliant! I was impressed when viewing and editing photos with the clarity and resolution. At the price offered, I would not hesitate to buy this monitor again.

As a side issue, by combing the Internet I was able to repair my old monitor. Seems as though it's a common power supply problem in LCT monitors so by replacing three electrolytic capacitors, I was able to bring it back to life! The new monitor had already shipped so I had a quandary, return the new or not? Once I started using the new one, the question became academic. No question I was keeping the new one and the resurrected one was headed to my summer place to replace an old CRT monitor. Really, at the price, I would consider replacing any monitor you had that was more than 5 years old. It would be hard to find a monitor with these features at such a good price!
VINE VOICEon March 27, 2013
I recieved this super monitor within two days of ordering -- and had no trouble opening it up and immediately assembling and installing it -- without consulting directions or any need to use the included installation disc. It took like ten minutes to un-package this HP 21.5" monitor and get it up and running. I easily got it wired and jacked and upon energizing it -- and with my fairly new HP desktop ready and running -- Win 7 OS got it totally going before I could touch the install disc. But, the fun part [one] is when I immediatetly did some usual online activity easily with this quick and sharp monitor. For fun part [two], I played some of my *Andromeda* sci-fi DVD episodes -- checking for [verified] video quickness and sharpness versus this very active, colorful and detailed series. I followed that with re-installing *Oblivion* [RPG] on HI settings -- and got great results -- for a great start to replay this fun game. I am impressed therefore by this modest-sized variant of quite new tech HP monitors -- that [for me] has verified hi-tech QUALITY +++
on March 7, 2012
Bought this for my wife who is a technical writer and needs to see 2 pages side by side in Open Office. Even without an HDMI input, the text is sharp and really pops out at you, probably due to the LED lighting. She can look at text on this monitor all day without eye strain. Before I gave it up to my wife, I "broke in" this monitor on a gaming rig for a week, and it performed very well there, too. The power supply is a brick but the cable going from the brick to the monitor is long enough to let you put the brick away somewhere it won't be noticed. The monitor itself is surprisingly light, but is very stable on the desk. Overall, this is a very nice monitor, especially if you don't have HDMI and already have speakers.
4 helpful votes
on October 12, 2012
Decent enough colors, very sharp and clear. Pretty much the highest pixel density you can get on a 1080p monitor.

The menus aren't too bad and the display options actually change the picture.

The monitor itself is solid enough, but feels flimsy with its light weight. I don't think it will break easily or anything, just an observation.

Please note that the matte finish on the screen makes bright colors look granulated; a tradeoff for no fingerprints or glare. This bothered me at first but I am now used to it.

I'd suggest purchasing this monitor if you use your computer in a bright room, particularly one with glare problems. Otherwise, the matte finish may not be for you.
on June 19, 2012
Awesome screen real estate and great viewing at many angles. I wouldn't use this for professional caliber graphics work, but for everything else this is perfect. All the workers in my office want one for their workstation now.

One issue that has come out is that the web pages will show as intermittently blacked-out in Firefox. Sometimes if I click between multiple web pages the blackness stops and I can see the page. But most of the time I must click off and on Firefox a few times for it to show the page. This never happened before using this monitor, but it could be an issue with my video card.
on May 9, 2012
You will not go wrong purchasing this monitor. They first monitor that I bought was an Asus. It did not take me long to realize that I was not going to be happy with it. The stand was not substantial and it allowed the monitor to wobble around when you typed on the keyboard. I ordered this HP 2211x monitor from Amazon.com because they have the best price and also for the fact that I have had great prior experience dealing with Amazon. I am very satisfied with the monitor. It would be great if it had an HDMI so that I could connect up my Mac Mini also. It would also be nice to have USB ports on the side. With the DVI-D port, you get awesome quality that is as good as HDMI.
on July 2, 2013
I bought this over a year ago on sale for around $120. It's a great monitor and works well for anything you can throw at it. I've watched movies and done plenty of gaming on it and the only thing I can complain about is that the default setting is a bit bright but since that can be changed it didn't affect my rating. The one thing I can't vouch for is color accuracy, it seems fine but I've done very little graphic design work on it so I can't say for sure. At the current price ($209 as of this writing) there are probably better priced monitors.
22 comments|Report abuse
on February 10, 2012
I received this monitor today and had it set up in 15 minutes or so. Mine actually came from Amazon and arrived just as expected. Packaging was perfect. Picture quality is wonderful. This is just what I was looking for and is well worth the price. I'm not a computer expert so I can't give a technical comparison but I can say I am very pleased with this monitor!
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on June 22, 2012
While I fully take the blame for this, I would prefer if Amazon did not mention this monitor is frequently purchased with HDMI cables as this monitor cannot use HDMI cables. Only now do I realize this after I got them. Other than that I am happy with my purchase of this monitor.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.