HP 2311xi 23 inch Diagonal IPS LED Backlit Monitor
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- panel type: IPS - In plane switching, a rapidly trending panel technology found in today's popular tablets, mobile devices and televisions.
- Widescreen just got better with178° horizontal and 178° vertical viewing angles on the all-new IPS Monitors from HP. See more, and share more and expand your point-of-view with consistent imagery from nearly any side, any corner.
- IPS monitors have higher color fidelity than TN (twisted nematic) panels and compliment off-center viewing to ensure image accuracy and color consistency regardless of where friends and family are seated.
- Gain incredible picture quality and experience accurate color and picture quality from nearly any position - perfect for screen sharing when every seat needs to be the best seat in the house.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Calibrated both monitors (critical for photo editing to make sure what you see on the screen matches your prints), and it has improved my workflow and output significantly. If you don't know IPS vs TN, you probably won't appreciate what a great value this monitor is. Strongly suggest that anyone buying an IPS panel display for photo editing buy with confidence. I have a good camera, a good photo printer, and I use Lightroom and Photoshop. This monitor (actually monitors) fits nicely into my prosumer setup (do it for fun, not money. but I'm serious about it).
Color and contrast are excellent. Just be aware before you buy that there is no height adjustment. Also, if you calibrate your monitor (again, which I recommend you do for all monitors), be aware that it may appear dark at first. This is because almost all monitors have their brightness turned way up out of the box, so that is probably what you are used to seeing. If you're not doing photo editing, and a brighter display looks better to you, then I see no reason why you can't just leave the brightness the way it is (or adjusted to what looks good to you on the screen). It will be fine. Just know that this monitor calibrates nicely for photo editing. If you're a photographer, you know exactly what I am talking about. If you're not, then it really doesn't matter.
A 23" IPS panel display at this price? Go for it. You won't be disappointed.
+ Large Screen
+ Bright Backlighting (Adjustable)
+ Matte Finish (No glare)
+ Low Power Consumption (LED = Low Wattage)
+ Lightweight (Compared to older monitors)
+ Fairly Quick Response Time
- Cost (Around $250+)
- No 3D (Cannot display 3D content like in some movies or games)
I hope that this review was helpful to those who are looking at buying this monitor. It really is the perfect size in terms of the space that it gives you to do things. I don't know what I would do without this larger monitor... :P
The images are crisp and clear and the response time is 7 milliseconds. The 23 inch diagonal screen size is great because I can expand the viewing size of software apps and reduce eye strain. It comes with a power supply cable, VGA cable and DVI-D cable so you have all you need including a cable management clip and a CD with instructions to set it up. I have used them for 30 months with no issues.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This Monitor is not worth your money. After a few weeks, the monitor wil not come on. It will keep displaying on the screen "sleep mode" and shut right off!!! Read morePublished on May 4, 2013 by Amazon Customer
I bought this monitor at the same time I bought this HP H8-1445 Envy Desktop PC (http://www.amazon.com/HP-h8-1445-ENVY-Desktop-PC/dp/B009RSFSZS/ref=cm_rdp_product). Read morePublished on January 21, 2013 by Raymond Pauly
I would not buy this monitor again because you cannot adjust the height. Good value monitor though. HP what were you thinking?Published on November 7, 2012 by Clark Courtright
This is probably the best 23" IPS monitor value out there and the it is an HP monitor. I paid only $169 at Best Buy before tax and my daughter loves it. Read morePublished on October 25, 2012 by R. Lee
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Monitors in our Monitor Reviews.