Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services gotcatchup gotcatchup gotcatchup  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 31-40 of 205 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 257 reviews
on January 7, 2012
I just received my new HP 27 inch monitor yesterday and I'm very happy with it so far. It's very thin, which is very nice since I have a small desk in my apartment. I really wanted the glossy screen which is hard to find on most monitors I looked at in stores. The gloss just makes colors pop out so much more. Connecting was a breeze, I liked that the ports are on the back of the monitor and not under it which always made it a challenge in the past. My only complaint is that the resolution is 1920 by 1080,which seems a bit low for a monitor this size BUT everything is easier to read.

In short, if you're thinking of purchasing a monitor this size, this is the one you want. Has DVI, VGA, and HDMI so you could use it as a TV if you connected a cable box with HDMI to it.
on September 11, 2012
This is my second 27" monitor, the first was a Fluorescent backlight/LED machine, that included speakers. It went bad, streak thru the middle of screen, and I replaced it with this newer screen.
It is LED backlite and is much more power friendly. Although I do not think it is as good when viewed from the side or top.
However I do lot of still pictures on my computer, and the straight on viewing is wonderful and very similar to the last monitor.
This is newer, much lighter, but without speakers which I did not notice until I got it home. However the HDTV works perfect using a spare 5.1 amplifier I found in the cellar. Much better than the speakers in the old model, of course.
Hook up was simple, using same cords as the last device, and the switching from Computer to TV is much better. Perhaps being two or more years newer and with updated software, it is just a better screen for my purposes.
on May 22, 2011
I was looking for an affordable alternative the the Dell Ultra Sharp / Apple high end monitors. But I still wanted a large screen with very high end output. For an every day monitor, for someone who does not use this for commercial purposes, I connot fathom why you would need to move from this monitor, to a top of the line one from Dell / Apple (@ around $1200). Makes my old 24 Acer screen look bland. Great balance of price and performance. Love it!
on August 8, 2011
This monitor is a great upgrade from my 23" auria one I had. Colors are much brighter and sharper then my previous monitor. This is now my main gaming monitor and my auria is now my 2nd monitor for web browseing. The glare does not bother me at all since my lighting is behind it. I prefer glossy over matte finish screens due to making the colors pop more and dont seem like there dulled out. Viewing angles work for me since im directly in front of it. I slouch alot to relax when I play my games and I dont see a difference in screen quality when im a little inder the center part of the screen. I will probably buy another one of these in the future to have the same size for my dual screen. I recommend anyone looking for a nice upgrade to try this one out.
on April 16, 2014
This monitor has great picture. I was very happy with it, when I used it with my desktop - and I wasn't planning to use it for anything else.

But it has such a nice picture, I decided to use it with my Xbox. Hello more cords and adapters so I could have sound. When the TV finally died, I thought I'd use the shiny monitor with my DVD player. Hello screaming frustration, because sound is pretty nice when watching movies.

If you're not sure you'll ONLY ever want to use your monitor with your computer and nothing else, ever, maybe just spring for something with integrated speakers and save time, trouble, and more shopping. I wish I had.
on April 16, 2012
I originally purchased the HP 2511x monitor as a step up from my HP w2207 which has worked flawlessly for the last few years. However, the 2511x did not seem too much of an upgrade so I returned it for the 2711x.

All I can say is wow ! The screen is bright and very crisp via HDMI. Due to the higher resolution of the 2711x vs my older w2207 you can fit more information on the screen. Spreadsheets are easy to see and you can view way more cells. Picture editing is a breeze as they are so large and lifelike.

As for gaming, Everquest and Rift are beautiful and the size adds to the depth of the games.

I can highly recommend this monitor to anybody looking to upgrade to a larger display.
on April 16, 2014
I bought this LED monitor because I didn't feel the need to get a huge 1080p TV that will be out dated by 4k. With that said this monitor comes with one HDMI input and your standard DVI and that one other input that I can't even remember the name of. I mainly use this monitor with my PS3 and it has served me well although I did notice some screen bleeding in the lower right hand side of the screen. Im not a picky person and you can only notice it when your looking down at the monitor. If you want a monitor that will work great and is decently priced then look no further that the HP 2711x.
on July 9, 2011
Purchased this monitor to replace a Viewsonic P220f CRT. I have been waiting for LCD's to come to the same image quaility of some of the high end CRT's. This HP monitor does not disappoint. I am quite happy with it. After a few adjustments, this flat screen LED monitor is very pleasing to look at. Screen is big, bright, and sharp. I prefer the bright view screens that HP provides, I think it makes the image look so much better than the flat matt screens. Some people may not like this type of screen because of reflections, but I don't have that problem because of where I have placed my monitor. I don't see any bleeding on the edges and did not have any dead pixels. This monitor is very thin, light weight, and from what I read, does not use up very much energy for a screen this size. Very happy with this purchase
on December 26, 2011
Replacing a 30" TV bought 8 years ago. This monitor delivers beautiful color and clarity, as it is obviously designed to deliver high resolution images without flicker or distortion. Running apps like TrueSpace 7, Bryce 7 Pro, and Poser 7 with a Quadro FX 3700 graphics card, output is stunning and quite sharp, and the monitor handles some of the odd Bryce screen resolutions without complaint. Because the card only outputs to DVI-D, I had to use an adapter to change output to HDMI. Results are outstanding, despite giving up 3 inches of diagonal screen size. Highly recommend this screen for anyone working with high-res output applications. The price was a pleasant surprise as well--was expecting to have to spend a lot more than I did.
on November 15, 2011
I recently bought one of these displays and its great. Its very thin, light-weight and looks great. I use it mostly for video editing and digital photography and so far its great. Colors are bright, it just delivers. I know there are displays out there with higher resolutions and perhaps more bells and whistles, but for my HD video projects, and digital photo editing, its works very well. I use it at 1920x1080 and it meets all of my needs. I just ordered one for my father who wanted a larger display and between the size, specs and price this was the clear winner. While I never really looked for HP displays before, I am very happy with this unit and for the price it is really great to work with. I am impressed with its thin form-factor and was surprised how light in weight it was compared to other displays I own and routinely use.