Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Original Adapter Charger For HP 463958-001 519329-003 ppp009l ed494aa ed494aa#aba 463552-002 n18152 391172-001 vf685aa#aba 463552-004 608425-001 ppp009h 384019-002 463552-001
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports STEM

on February 8, 2013
This was the original HP adapter, and it was a great price and works awesome! Fast shipping. Got exactly what I wanted and was not willing to buy one made in China, which a lot of cheaper ones were.This has got me up and online again!
on July 9, 2014
I bought this after my HP issued one died. This is nice and fine. But like the original it gets hot. I was hoping it was cooler. There is not light indicator on it like the original to let you know it is pluged into the wall outlet and has power. The wall side cord was considerably shorter. It isn't very short, but the outlet better be rather close by. I will be using my original outlet cord there. The velcro cord keeper seemed a bit inferior to the original, like it was a copy cat velcro and not 3M or Velcro brand. The power brick has all the same safety stamps and certifications as the original. It should be safe to use from Europe to Japan and even offshore. Well.. maybe not offshore. I don't remember an Atex stamp on it.
on December 5, 2013
Too early to attest to longevity, but it solved my worsening problem: my Pavilion DV6 was shutting down, wouldn't restart without unplugging, removing battery, restarting, replacing battery, and other "hold-yer-mouth-right" antics. Sometimes it would display the "plugged-in, not charging" message, other battery messages, etc. The same problems with an identical DV6, both machines tried with different combinations of old and 3rd-party replacement batteries until we concluded the common variable was the charger. This arrived in a timely manner, and has solved these issues for well over a month. (I only give 5 stars if a product has served me for over a year, and it is too soon to tell).
on December 27, 2015
When my laptop battery quit holding charge and my plug stopped providing power to my aging laptop, I was frantic as to a solution for a new plug that would cost me an arm and a leg. So after shopping the stores, I decided too check Amazon, and I was extremely happy to have this inexpensive adapter. It arrived quickly; yet, I noticed that the cord/plug was significantly shorter than my factory plug. However, the easy fix was for me to just switch them out and eureka, all was well. This cord/adapter is extremely flexible and durable; and most importantly it is compatible with my laptop model. It arrived fairly quickly, w/no problems or any need to rush into buying another expensive laptop battery.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 5, 2016
When you plug this in to the wall and the laptop, it has a high frequency pitch and I don't believe it should make that noise. The original ones don't do that. It's pretty loud. It makes me think I got a knock-off and not the original product as promised. When that happens, your mind sort of moves to the "is this going to burn my house down" pondering... But I understand I took a risk, it didn't cost anywhere near the price of OEM.
on September 8, 2015
The charger worked perfectly for my application and was significantly less expensive than others seen on the Internet. It arrived on time and works well.

I initially bought a "universal" adapter from a local electronics store, but none of end adapters for the laptop were the correct size and I wasn't able to make any of it work.

I'm glad this was a viable option for my machine.
on June 17, 2016
This looks like a genuine HP charger, so if it a knock off they have done an excellent job. However I trust that it is an OEM product. It looks and performs just like the factory charger that came with my HP laptop DV6 Entertainment PC.
on November 23, 2015
I haven't even tested if this charger works yet, but I am giving it one star because it was listed as "Original Adapter by HP" and it is definitely a cheap knockoff. The label on it has HP's logo and HP part numbers, but the text reads "Compaq and HP are registered trademarks of **hte** Hewlett-Packard Company"

If they can't spell "the" correctly, I have to wonder how well this charger is going to actually perform.

Price was good, but you can get knockoffs for less than this, and that is all this is.
on February 16, 2016
Works good & doesn't get too hot. I am knocking off a star because product listing photo shows HP logo but the unit I received does not.

Adapter size is 7.4mm x 5mm and has a smart pin inside.

It works with HP DM4 2000 series even though it does not specify in product listing.

Hopefully this unit will last much longer than the cheap $8 knockoffs that killed my memory module and don't seem to last more than 2-3 months.
on June 10, 2015
This is OEM and it does come with a power cord although it's not pictured in the photo. And it might be my imagination, but this charger doesn't seem to get as hot as the one that came with the laptop.