Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: HP Business Calculator 12C#ABA
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Tall Heights Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

80%
20%
Price:$70.90+ Free shipping

on April 3, 2014
I have been using an HP 12C since my grad school days in the mid-1980s. I still had the original from then until just a few years ago when it was lost (or stolen?). I am now on my second replacement. The quality of materials and workmanship is definitely lower now than it was in 1985. The first replacement worked fine for 1-2 years then started yielding inexplicable and inconsistent errors in calculations. The second replacement - which I've only had for two years or so - now has a defected #1 key. The key doesn't fully spring back up when released and has to be pressed VERY HARD to get the #1 to register at all. Obviously, this makes it very difficult to achieve any sort of speed, which is one of the main advantages of RPN. I will be getting another replacement now, sadly knowing that it, too, will probably have to be replaced within a couple of years. Because of the price, it's hardly worth pursing the matter with HP, but I'm very disappointed in the quality of the current product. I downloaded an HP 12C app for use on my iPhone. It works fine, but it lacks the tactile sensation of the real thing, so the process of using it is much slower than on the real HP 12C.
on April 5, 2011
Just as cited by several of the other reviewers, the HP12c has served me well for over twenty-five years. Its daily use requires a battery change in a year or two. Otherwise the HP12c has been without one problem the entire time; and it is wearing very well. There are no signs of age in any aspect. One of a few products anymore that is built to last; and is fully functional as it was on day one. A very classic product, and enduring value. Highly recommended.
on November 22, 2006
I've used the HP 12-C financial calculator virtually every day since I finished my MBA twenty-five years ago. In fact I've still got the same one! Just replace the batteries occasionally.

Some of the finish is worn, there are lots of scuffs and scratches and the little rubber pads on the bottom disappeared at some point. But the print on all the function keys is still perfectly legible (which is more than I can say for a four-year old previously top-of-the-line Dell laptop) and it performs every basic and not so basic present value and other financial calculation you'll ever need. The screen is easy to read, the keys are easy to punch and the flat shape packs in any pocket or bag.

The 12-C is the real deal. Get one!
on November 21, 2012
Received the calculator and it worked fine at the start. Then after a week and a half it has some coded in the registries and no longer work correctly. After I received the item and it thought was working fine, I discarded the invoice and not sure if I can have the product refunded. The cost of return shipping would not be worth the trouble in this case. So my experience is less than satisfactory.
on August 23, 2011
Comparando com o preço no Brasil... É muito vantajoso, aliás, sem comparação com o Brasil!! Esse site Amazom.com tem várias promoções boas, onde se tem vários itens de todas as categorias. Essa calculadora está com o preço indiscutivelmente melhor do que no Brasil.
on January 21, 2013
The keys stick regularly, putting additional numbers into an equation. This alone makes the calculator essentially useless ifone is looking for accurate answers.
on March 25, 2010
The quality of HP products has always been superior. This very traditional calculator is excellent to all financial works!
on June 30, 2011
I've had my HP 12C for 21 years. I've not been kind to it, but it still works perfectly. I hear the newer versions have more features, but I've grown attached to mine and it does everything I need it to! LOVE IT!
on April 12, 2009
I purchased this calculator more than twenty years ago. I am amazed at how well it works and that it still looks good. It has a few scratches and the hp logo is just beginning to show some wear but the keys still look brand new! After all of these years, I think I've only changed the batteries once or twice. This calculator is truly amazing. I'll probably conk out before it does.
on May 22, 2009
The work-horse for all financial calculations. This is still one of the most used calculator after 15 years of use by professionals.

Note it uses reverse-polish-notation. It is fun and fast.

See 1 answered question