Spring Deals Automotive Amazon First Reads New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Fire TV Stick: $29.99. Offer ends 3/26/18 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on October 14, 2013
 HP's Chromebook 11 is my second Chromebook because, after one year with Samsung's Chromebook I came to realize that not only a Chromebook does almost everything a laptop or a PC or a tablet would do for me but it does it cheaper, usually faster and better, almost always worry-free and very much in style.

UPDATE (Oct 26, 2014): I placed the HP Chromebook 11 next to the new Acer Chromebook 13 CB5-311-T1UU (13.3-inch Full HD, NVIDIA Tegra K1, 4GB) as I was reviewing it. My goal was to compare looks and display quality and HP's incredible near-180-degree viewing angle and bright picture still outshines that of a newer, more expensive machine with a 1080p display. I thought I'd share this. The HP is the smaller Chromebook, the one on the left.

UPDATE (Dec 26, 2013): I am glad to see HP's 11-inch Chromebook available again. We've been using ours all throughout the charger 'crisis' and we are as happy with it today if not happier than we were on 'day one'. More than two months later, HP's Chromebook 11 continues to be a beautiful little device with a great display that continues to do most of what I require during my off-work hours. It traveled with me on my vacation and will travel with me again and it's there (on couch or on my bedside table) when I need it.

There's so much to say here but let me make a quick summary. And never forget that we are talking about an 'under 300' device here because, yes, anything that costs 3-4-5 times as much should do better most of the time.

˕ My Chromebook is my most used computer excluding work hours and by 'computer' I mean PCs, laptops and tablets.
˕ Malware, spyware, adware-free. Since nothing is really 'installed' on the Chromebook, I can't see how one would ever be infected. I am now using my Chromebook to open suspicious emails or click on dubious URLs that I don't dare touch from a laptop.
˕ Extremely safe OS. I don't know if this is common knowledge but Google is constantly challenging hackers to crack their OS. As far as I know, Chromium wasn't cracked yet.
˕ Easy to share among any number of users without any concerns of compromising privacy. If you have a Google account, you simply sign in and you are going to be within your own, personal environment.
˕ Constantly updated and upgraded. Google updates Chromium every few weeks and I found my Chromebook actually getting better all the time rather than slowly fall into obsolescence. HP's Chromebook will not replace Samsung's, it will be used by another family member who really, really wanted one after watching my happy relationship with our first one.
˕ Nearly maintenance free. Whenever I don't use a tablet or even a laptop for a while, they tend to get very busy for a while once I turn them back on. Tablets, especially, are almost impossible to use until all those dozens of updates/upgrades process. Not the case for Chromebooks. Whatever upgrades may take place don't hit my Chromebook. Whenever I call up an app, I get it in its latest version.
˕ The attached keyboard helps a lot. Yes, you can pair a keyboard and even a mouse to a tablet but the Chromebook's keyboard is always there, it negates the need of a stand or even some protecting case.
˕ Chrome OS is streamlined and efficiently focused where it matters, on the everyday uses most of us need a 'computer' most of the time.
˕ Chrome OS being such a streamlined OS, browsing and running apps on a Chromebook is in fact faster than off a PC/laptop/tablet of equivalent specs.
˕ Relatively low prince, 11.6" display and light weight seem to be just about right for something that typically you'd be using to browse the Web while watching TV or take to and from school.

Yes, Chromebooks can't do everything. Google's productivity suites notwithstanding, they are mainly and they are best at media consumption rather than production. Nobody should buy a Chromebook and expect to be able to edit video or perform some heavy word processing or do some hard-core gaming. There are other machines and devices for such tasks. My experience is that a Chromebook can't do 'everything'. Tablets are more portable, PCs and laptops are more powerful but, to me, my Chromebook is the most fun to use and it's likely to stay this way. I am not going to call it my 'second' or 'third' or 'first' computer but, objectively, it's the one most use outside business hours if what we measure is 'hours'.

I haven't spent a lot of time with HP's but, from the start, it was a very familiar feeling. HPs is not 'exactly like' Samsung's but it's easily recognizable as a Chromebook.

Here are some changes:

˕ USB-based charging. This is a BIG thing. The biggest negative in the case of Samsung's Chromebook was the proprietary charger. HP's USB-based charging allows the use of most off-the-shelf chargers so there's a lot less to worry.
˕ Better quality display. When compared to Samsung's the colors are sharper and brighter and you can view the screen from almost any angle left/right or up/down.
˕ Nicer keyboard. It's the same layout but the keys seem to have a little more travel. As a touch typist I am comfortable with both but, on a blind test, I would probably pick HP's over Samsung's.
˕ Somewhat more stylish design. I got the black model and I like both the color and the color accents. Some prefer 'silver' but they are both Okay as far as I can tell.
˕ Fewer ports. There are no USB 3.0 or HDMI ports on the HP's even though my understanding is that you can, in fact output HDMI through the Micro USB. This may be a big deal for some and they should get Samsung's if that's the case. Speaking for myself, I never felt a need to output HDMI off my Chromebook, ever. Same for USB data transfers.

Overall, I am very pleased with HPs device. The lack of USB 3.0 and HDMI ports amount to a big 'nothing' to me and their absence is balanced and surpassed by the non-proprietary charging method, much nicer display and better keyboard.

I am not going to compare HP's Chromebook with the Pixel or some top of the line laptop. I noticed that many 'pro' reviewers are complaining because Chromebooks and this particular one are not 'high end' and aren't as nice as the Pixel and such. Well... did anyone check the prices? So, yes, let me make a 'duh' statement: this Chromebook is not as good as devices that sell for 3 times or 4 times as much so anyone who doesn't mind paying more should pay more and get one of those. Even though... look at some reasons above for why one my prefer a Chromebook to a laptop or a tablet, regardless of price.

HPs is a five-star to me because it's at least as good and in some way better than my now one year old, often used and much trusted Samsung. The thirty dollars price difference between the two can be justified by HP's supporting USB charging, its much nicer display and its marginally better keyboard. As far as performance, they both appear to be up to the task and they both played Netflix movies flawlessly over Wi-Fi and cast them to the big TV through Chromecast (no need of an HDMI cable for that) - I mention it because I just tried that.

Chromebooks are not for everyone and they are not a universal computing device but, if used for what they are meant to be used, they are as good and as revolutionary as tablets.

I had the opportunity to play with Acer's Chromebook for a day and was therefore able to compare them side by side.

- Advantage HP -

˕ Looks and design. HPs looks much better in my view, you have color choices and that's that.
˕ Display. Same size, same resolution but HPs display is brighter, sharper and, most importantly, can be viewed from almost any angle. Not the case with Acer's.
˕ Charging. The ability to charge HPs Chromebook through almost any USB charger is very important to me. Acer's charger is proprietary.

- Advantage Acer -

˕ Horsepower. Acer's appears to be faster and it should be given its faster processor.
˕ Ports. You get HDMI out, USB 3.0 and SD card slot, all of them missing on HP's machine.
˕ Price. At least at launch, Acer's was selling for less.

I would say it's a tie when it comes to the keyboard and track pad's feel.

Acer's machine has the advantage if you are more 'productivity oriented' and need expansion capabilities (ports) and more raw CPU power. You would prefer the HP if you want a Chromebook mainly for fun and casual activities where looks, the availability of a charger and, very importantly, the quality of the display count more.

- Like most Chromebooks, this one too comes with a free 100GB in Google's cloud for two years. I didn't take advantage of that offer and I'm not going to go for this one, simply because I have no use of 'cloud' storage that goes beyond Gmail at this time.
- While Chromebooks are immune to viruses and other forms of malware, you are as tracked and 'monetized' while on a Chromebook as you are when browsing from your laptop or tablet or phone. However, there are ways to disrupt and confuse the trackers and my two favorite extensions these days are Disconnect Search (or Disconnect.me) that makes it impossible for Google to log your search activities and DoNotTrackMe which does what the name implies. Worth trying.
2626 comments| 626 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 14, 2013
==UPDATE 12/26/13== Well, the HP Chromebook is back on the shelves after the whole issue with the chargers overheating. After a couple months with this Chromebook and the other model, I still say the Acer Chromebook is a better value--but for those who don't multitask as often and just prefer a well designed laptop for a low price (it does look good!), this is probably the best model for you.

This is getting to be a long review, so I've split it up into multiple sections. Feel free to jump to the section which you think will help you the most.

1) Upgrades from last year
2) Alternative models
3) First impressions
4) Conclusion
5) Summary

I'll be updating this review as I use the Chromebook more often as well, so check back once in a while! As always, feel free to ask questions in the comments section, and I'll be happy to answer them.

In 2012, with the Samsung Chromebook becoming the #1 best selling laptop on Amazon, it seemed like there was hope after all for the Chromebooks. It was something that not many people expected, but the thin, silent design, combined with a decent battery life and a low price point managed to attract enough people to give Chromebooks a chance.

One year later, the time has come for its successor--the HP Chromebook 11. Is it a worthy successor? This review will take a closer look at what changed over the last year as well as explore some of the alternative options.

Let's start with the hardware. The design of this Chromebook is completely different compared to Samsung's model from last year. This is partially because it's made by HP, but also because Google teamed up with HP to design this new Chromebook. There's two color choices now, black and white. If you pick the white version, you also have the option to add Google-colored accents to the edges of the keyboard, while the black version is more understated, with an all black finish. Whether you like the new design or not is subjective, but it does retain the thinness (.69 inches) and is actually .1 pounds lighter than the previous Samsung model. There's also a new LED light bar on the back, similar to the Pixel. It lights up with the Google colors when it's on, and it looks pretty nice. Personally, I think it's a well designed laptop. It's simple, lightweight, and the unsightly bump from last year's model is gone.

The keyboard and touchpad are still extremely good. It's comfortable to type on, and overall has a much sturdier feel due to a new magnesium frame that they put in to support the plastic shell. There were some complaints about the Samsung model from last year regarding how flimsy it felt and how easy it was to bend it, and they definitely improved it here. Also, they've moved the speakers to underneath the keyboard, similar to how Apple does it. This way, the speakers do not get muffled when you put the notebook on your laps. Speaker quality is actually pretty decent for a sub-$300 laptop, but headphones are still going to be the obvious first choice for audiophiles.

Another major improvement is the screen. Google's making a big deal about the brightness of the new screen, but it truly is better than last year's model. Though it retains the same 1366x768 resolution (which is fine for a 11 inch laptop), the viewing angles and the contrast is much better. It is a glossy screen though, so unless you absolutely loved the more matte feel of last year's model, then the screen's also a big improvement.

The best hardware improvement for me personally is the new power port. It's now charged through a Micro USB cable, a cable that's currently used to charge most Android phones as well as the Amazon Kindles. As someone who travels a lot, this would mean just packing one cable to charge all my devices, something that I think adds a lot of convenience. Another advantage is that the abundance of Micro USB cables makes it easy to find a replacement should you ever lose it(you probably have one lying around in your house!). Note that it does charge slower if you use another cable: the one that comes with this Chromebook has been optimized for it. With that being said, the HP Chromebook 11 does lose the HDMI port found in the previous model, but it's still possible to connect it to your TV. To do so, you'd have to buy a Slimport adapter and then connect the HDMI cable from there. It's not a big hassle, but it's still something worth mentioning.

All of these changes mentioned above have been mostly good and welcomed improvements to last year's model, but perhaps it's the parts that haven't changed which are the most disappointing. Unfortunately, Google has decided to not upgrade any of the internal aspects of the Chromebook, so it still retains the same ARM based processor found last year's model, the 16GB of flash storage, and the 2GB of RAM. Battery life remains more or less the same as well, at around 6 hours. Considering the brisk pace technology moves at, I think it's hugely disappointing that Google is still using last year's chips, and it's the one major flaw with this Chromebook. One of the biggest changes in technology this year was the introduction of Intel's 4th generation Haswell processors, giving solid processing power while drastically increasing power efficiency. The new Macbooks are using it, and some of the new Chromebooks are too, increasing their battery life to around 9 hours per charge. One might argue that Chromebooks don't require much processing power, but with websites and web apps becoming more advanced every day, I think it's disappointing that none of the internal hardware was upgraded. Note that overall performance isn't bad, but it's not great either. It's the exact same as last year's model - most websites I tried run smoothly, but some of the more graphically heavy websites stutter when you're trying to scroll. HD video playback is relatively steady, but if you have too many tabs open, the quality suffers. For the pages most people visit, like Facebook, Youtube, Gmail, etc., I thought this Chromebook handled it pretty well as long as I didn't have too many tabs open.

In regards to the software, this is still running Chrome OS, and if you used any of the Chromebooks before, you'd be familiar with it's capabilities and limitations. There's no real changes here, since all Chromebooks are continuously updated with the most recent version of Chrome OS, but for those looking at the Chromebooks for the first time, here's a little rundown on how the Chrome operating system works. At its core, it's the Chrome web browser, and only the Chrome web browser. Though the pictures in the advertisements shows a desktop and wallpaper, don't be fooled: it's not a traditional PC. Therefore, if you use programs like Microsoft Office, Photoshop, iTunes, etc., know that you won't be able to use any of those programs on a Chromebook. However, there are substitutes for most of those programs online, such as Google Docs, Picasa, Google Music, etc. The advantage of having such a simple system is speed: it boots up in less than 10 seconds, and you're instantly connected to the web (provided you have Wi-Fi). Therefore, if most of what you do on a computer is browse the web anyways (Facebook, E-mail, Youtube, etc.), then a Chromebook allows you to do all of that very quickly.

Overall, this Chromebook is definitely an improvement over last year's Samsung model, but the lack of internal changes makes it really hard to recommend if you're looking to upgrade from the Samsung model. For people looking into Chromebooks for the first time, I'd say that this isn't a bad model - it's relatively cheap at $279, it's well designed, and it's overall performance is still solid. For people looking for a "cute" second computer, I do think this is a great model. However, I'd still recommend giving the other models announced this year a look (see below).

Even though this is Google's new flagship Chromebook - the one they're promoting as the Chromebook "for everyone", there are other options coming out.

Acer's C720 Chromebook (Acer C720 Chromebook (11.6-Inch, Haswell micro-architecture, 4GB))
I've been using this model for the last couple days and I must say I prefer this model over the Hp model. It's just so much zippier: websites load faster, scrolling is more responsive, and it handles multiple tabs better. It also has better battery life and more input/output ports. Sure the screen isn't as good, but it's not terrible either. Unless you really desire an attention-catching device, I'd recommend the Acer Chromebook over this model. I've written a full review for the Acer, so feel free to read it for a closer look.

HP's Chromebook 14 (HP Chromebook 14 (Snow White))
HP announced this as an update to last year's 14 inch model, which was moderately successful. They've completely redesigned it, and I think it looks much more elegant. It'll come in multiple colors for $299. It'll also include the new Haswell processors, giving it a 9-hour battery life. I think this is a great model for those who want a larger screen and do not mind the increased weight.

Additional notes:
Google also packages this Chromebook 11 with some extra perks, including 12 sessions of GoGo In-flight Wi-Fi, as well as 100GB of Google Drive storage for 2 years. If you are a frequent flyer, those 12 sessions alone makes the Chromebook pretty cost-efficient. I'm not certain if the other Chromebook models include the GoGo WiFi, but they all include the Google Drive storage. Also something worth mentioning is that this HP Chromebook 11 model is fanless due to its processor, so it's absolutely silent. The other models do have fans, but in my opinion, the sound difference is negligible.

When I first heard about this Chromebook, I was pretty excited. I looked at a bunch of pictures, saw the price tag, and I thought to myself, "Now here's the Chromebook I've been waiting for". Prior to this, I've used the Samsung Chromebook S3 as well as the original CR-48 Chromebook test model, mainly for taking notes in class. After opening the box and turning it on for the first time, I was ecstatic, because to be honest, this screen looked great, especially compared to the older models. The Chromebook in general looked great. I loved the color bar in the back, the clean design, and the keyboard. It was light and portable, and it looked very...attractive (as attractive as a computer can be I suppose). Setting it up was easy as well: you connect to your Wi-Fi, enter in your Google credentials, and then it syncs with your Google account, and all your bookmarks and apps are automatically transferred over. Anyone who's used a Chromebook before would be used to this.

Bringing it to class was also a pleasure. It fits into one of my smaller bags, and it was light enough to be comfortable to carry. I thought the keyboard and trackpad were pretty awesome - they remind me of the Apple's keyboard, and I think that's a pretty high compliment. I'm a fast touch typist, and I was able to maintain my normal WPM with few errors while taking notes. Midway through the day though, I was working on a research project and had a bunch of tabs open and the Chromebook began to feel a bit slow: pages were loading slower and the scrolling wasn't as smooth. I attribute to the fact that Google decided to use last year's chips as I mentioned in the section above, as this was something that would happen with the Samsung model as well. This was frustrating for me, because I thought surely by now, Chrome would run smoothly on Chrome OS. This is the sole reason I'm giving this model 3 stars.

I got around 5.5 hours of battery life, so that's a bit less than advertised. Nevertheless, I did find the charging cable useful, and I was able to use it to charge both my phone and the computer.

With this year's updates, I'm sure Chromebooks will continue to be a rising star. This model, looks especially good. It's one of the best looking laptops that I've seen at this price point, and really raises the bar for low-end Chromebooks. However, if looks aren't everything for you, some of the other models equipped with the Haswell processors are especially worth looking into. While this HP Chromebook 11 is well designed - the screen is great, the speakers are decent, the keyboard is great - I'm slightly concerned about it's performance.When someone buys a laptop, they expect it to last them at least a couple of years, and I'm not sure how long a computer with a chip from the previous generation will be able to keep up.

The Good:
- Great screen
- Great keyboard
- Great sound for a sub-$300 laptop
- Overall design is eye catching

The Bad:
- The processor is outdated, leading to sluggish performance at times
- Cannot be taken apart, parts are hard to replace (Cannot increase RAM for example)
- Less ports compared to previous generations
- Battery life is good compared to last year's models, but only mediocre compared to this year's models.

The HP Chromebook 11, with its solid keyboard and fantastic screen, allows you to get some serious work done -- and look good while doing it. If you can deal with a mediocre processor and battery life (and of course, Chrome OS), this is a great model. Otherwise, look elsewhere.

Score: 3.5/5
3333 comments| 297 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 14, 2013
First of all, I believe that words can't express how satisfied I am with my new HP Chromebook. It is super thin and light and extremely beautiful. It is so practical that I can charge this laptop with the same charger of my smartphone and the other way around. This is the best laptop on the go.

The screen is very sharp, bright and high quality. Keyboard feels great when typing, speakers sound comes from the keyboard which makes this Chromebook completely sealed. There's no holes, moving parts, or anything that makes any noise.

Chrome OS has had a lot of improvements since last year. There a lot of offline apps, better notifications and a lot of awesome extensions. Free Google Drive 100Gb is still awesome.

I want to acknowledge that this is not a high performance laptop and is not suitable for high demanding 3D gamers. But for the price you will be fully satisfied because obviously this Chromebook has a really affordable price and is very pretty and performs almost all the task a regular computer does(and some extras that traditional computers doesn't).

One thing worth mention that this computer excels is Sound. Speakers are very rich, precise, loud and clear. Music lovers will enjoy the clarity of the music. You can really enjoy watching a movie due to the richness of the image and the quality of the sound...

I love this Chromebook because it just do the job well done!

Any questions please feel free to ask it in the comments below section...
1717 comments| 255 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 24, 2013
I got this product and the quality is great - very small and light but feels very solid. The weird thing about this device, which is all about being wireless, is that it cannot print to a wireless or wired printer. It can ONLY print to a printer with a web address, specifically one categorized as "google cloud print" compatible. for example, of all the "wireless" printers Brother makes, ony about 7 meet that criteria. I think this is probably a great little device, but only if you have one of those special printers. I think that is a huge negative and am very disappointed.
99 comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 12, 2013
I love Chromebooks and I am a Google Certified Trainer so I knew what I was buying ... or so it would seem. The package had clearly been opened before and returned (not one security tape was in tact, no plastic packaging inside, and powercord had "HP Chromebook" hand written in silver sharpie on it). I bought as new sold by and fulfilled by Amazon. I was offered refund upon my return of the item because it was now "out of stock" and advised to repurchase from 3rd party seller for $75+ more dollars ... shame on you Amazon.
77 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 7, 2013
well, first of all, it's a nice device. although looks a bit plastic and flimsy, it's actually pretty solid on hand. And it's quite fast, thanks to the simple chrome OS.

But there's also some issue:
- from google side
1. it does not allow you to use application specific password, so if you use 2-step password, you might need to login in periodically as it will log you off sometime
2. there's no good way to link a conventional printer, which is not good. but you can get a cloud-ready one
3. the one I bought here cannot register for the free 100g google drive for unknown reason
4. missing right click function does hinder usage

- from HP side
1. there's no detailed instruction how to use this device. such as you need to use 2 fingers to scroll became an accidental learning
2. no CAP key is not so convenient (was replaced by a search key)
3. slightly wide gap at the monitor hinge (you can actually see the hinge)
4. the screen cannot go 180 degree flat. so it cannot work if you sitting in certain comfortable position
5. the one I purchased from Amazon had some wifi issue, also a visible pop-up on the touchpad----so I am returning it
6. although CNET reports HP will have different color scent, but HP sales representative said they only made white/blue version, and will not make any other color ones, SUCK!

Overall a very nice device, my wife likes it, but it can only carry certain task, don't expect it can work as a regular laptop. it's just something between laptop and tablet, close to netbook. The price tag shall be lowered to $200 in my opinion.
66 comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 25, 2013
First a disclosure: I am sending the HP Chromebook 11 back for a refund because it stopped charging after using it for only 24 hours. I tried a different charger and it didn't work either so it is a problem with the Chromebook itself. I managed to wipe it back to factory state so at least I am not sending it back with my personal information.

The score I gave this review has nothing to do with the charging problem, after all it is not fair to review an item badly because of a defect. Anything electronic can develop a defect, especially in the first days it is used.

The reason for my score has to do with the fact the it is underpowered. Having 5 tabs open (2 gmail, 1 calendar, 1 twitter, and one Feedly) was enough to make it stutter. Another thing I dislike is the touchpad. The touchpad button is hidden under it but you can use a single tap to simulate the left click and a two finger tap to simulate a right click. What I found however that it doesn't always respond to these taps and I have to repeat them to register, maybe another sign of being underpowered. It would have been also been nice to have a way to simulate middle button without having to resort to the Ctrl-Click method.

Otherwise the Chromebook is very attractive and seems to be well built. It is my first Chromebook experience but I was impressed with what Google manages to do with what is basically a souped up browser. I was even able to find in the Chrome store a SSH client that allowed me to connect to my Linux server.

What this all means is that I am not giving up on the Chromebook concept, I'll just be looking for something a bit more powerful.
66 comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
 This is an exceptionally well built computer for the price. The keyboard is fantastic, the trackpad is decent, and the display is just as good as the one on my 11" Macbook Air. So what's the trade off? A very limited operating system that needs to be connected to the Internet all the time in order to be useful.

Chromebooks are computers that boot up to Google's ChromeOS - which itself is pretty much just a Chrome web browser. Google has built a nice eco system around it with quite a large catalog of HTML 5 apps that run inside Chrome on nearly all platforms. The Chromebook will sync itself to your other chrome installations, meaning that every extension and bookmark will be right where it is on your other devices.

The problem is that the Chromebook becomes significantly less useful when it's offline. Documents are mostly inaccessible and apps that aren't expressly written to run offline in the browser won't load. The Chromebook 11 lacks an internal cellular modem so it will need to be within range of a WiFi access point (or a cellular hotspot) in order for it to work outside of a home or office. I did find that Google hid "quickoffice," an app that allows offline document editing, but I was only able to get it working if I had previously downloaded a compatible document to the machine first.

Under the hood the Chromebook 11 has what is essentially a tablet or smartphone processor. It works fairly well but it isn't as snappy as a PC or modern tablet might be. YouTube videos stutter a bit when loading and text sometimes lags behind key presses when working on a document.

So who's this for? It's a great kids machine provided they'll have constant and reliable access to the network. Since the documents are stored in the Google cloud there's little chance of losing anything due to a damaged or stolen device. Also those who are considering dumping their PC's for a tablet might want to consider this instead as it's more useful as a productivity device - provided they don't mind living in Google's cloud.
55 comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 9, 2014
I really liked my Chromebook when it worked. I've had to return two of them due to both no longer taking a charge with their charger. If I could return it for a refund I would, but of course it's past 30 days since I purchased it. I'm currently waiting on my third replacement, they say it will take about two weeks to arrive, but haven't given me a date yet. I'm so disappointed and frustrated with the whole situation. I use this laptop for work, and the constant problems have been a serious issue for me.
55 comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 2, 2017
 Had the item since September 9th of 2016, and the item is no longer charging. And I have gotten several different chargers including new chargers as well. This issue began in the end of September taking place in 2016 as well. I have yet to gotten the problem resolved. However, it is a great laptop. Runs well. But is no longer able to turn on.
review imagereview image