|Screen Size||17.3 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1600 x 900|
|Max Screen Resolution||1600x900|
|Processor||1.9 GHz A-Series Quad-Core A8-4500M|
|RAM||6 GB DIMM|
|Hard Drive||750 GB|
|Graphics Coprocessor||AMD RadeonTM HD 7640G Discrete-Class|
|Graphics Card Ram Size||2980 MB|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||1|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||3|
HP Envy DV7-7230US AMD A8-4500M X4 1.9GHz 6GB 750GB DVD+/-RW 17.3" Win8 (Black)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Windows 8, Processor: AMD Quad-Core A8-4500M APU (2.8 GHz/1.9 GHz), Graphics:AMD Radeon HD 7640G (up to 2.98 GB)
- Memory: 6 GB DDR3, 2 DIMM slots, Optical drive: SuperMulti DVD burner
- 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
- Ports: 3 SuperSpeed USB 3.0, 1 USB 2.0, 1 HDMI, 1 VGA, 1 RJ45, 1 headphone-out, 1 microphone-in
- Multi-format digital media card reader
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
**Update 8-15-13: I decided to change my rating from 4 to 5 stars because I have enjoyed this laptop so much over the past 9 months.**
===== First, the hardware: =====
- Fast boot and resume times, especially after making the software tweaks mentioned below. Windows 8 boots quickly, and after you close the lid and reopen it to resume, it is ready in about 2-3 seconds.
- The laptop is a bit on the heavy side, but feels and looks well-built.
- The Beats Audio sound is great, as most Beats Audio sound devices are.
- The screen is bright and beautiful.
- The keys are comfortable, and the configurable multi-touch touchpad works well.
- The touchpad recognizes the following multi-touch swipe patterns: two finger scrolling, pinch zoom, rotating, three finger press, three finger flick, and four finger flick.
- The function keys also operate things like the brightness, volume, media operation, and turning wi-fi on and off to help conserve battery life.
- There are no built-in Bluetooth capabilities. An inexpensive USB Bluetooth dongle fixes the problem, but it would have been nice to have Bluetooth included.
- The camera works well, even in low-light.
===== Next, the software: =====
- I am not going to include my opinion of Windows 8 as part of the rating on this laptop.Read more ›
This Hewlett-Packard has a full-sized keyboard for laptop. It also sports a separate numeric keypad so that you can input numbers more easily. The separate numeric keypad is something often found in larger keyboards and comes in handy if you are a person who crunches numbers or enjoys a calculator type of feel.
With its brushed aluminum exterior it has a beautiful aesthetic look. The cover of the laptop seems to be impervious to fingerprints which is a good thing. The laptop is completely black with a lighted HP logo and silver accents. Instead of a slot loading optical drive it has a tray DVD drive which is more typical of PC's. This HP Envy came pre-loaded with Windows 8 and this is a learning process in and of itself. The laptop is loaded with Beats audio and this provides a fantastic audio experience for playing music on CDs or watching DVDs on the computer. With a 17 inch screen the experience is phenomenal.
Using cool sense technology, the HP Envy is able to stay very cool despite running lots of programs and media. With its whisper quiet operation it's difficult to discern that it is even running at times. A new machine always runs more quietly ... dust and age can make them turn a little grumpier and louder. Time will tell how quiet it keeps.
The Beats Audio and DVD playback is to die for. If you are looking for a great, affordable multimedia laptop that allows you to consume media as well as create it, you can have a nice experience with this.Read more ›
Like a tablet, the Envy is lightweight and unlike laptops of old, the machine runs cool and whisper-quiet. The Envy comes loaded with Windows 8 whose bold new startup screen emulates the look-and-feel of tablet-style computing. (Amazon readers note: among the many preloaded music, social networking, photo and other apps is a nifty Kindle app that allows you to read content you may have purchased through Amazon on the laptop.) Although the Envy does not have a touchscreen, HP has ingeniously engineered the touchpad to replicate the controls you might be accustomed to using on a tablet including scrolling, pinching/zooming, swipe, and so on. I found the help videos useful and got the hang of using the touchpad in short order. No doubt people comfortable with using smart phones and tablets will enjoy using the laptop with this input.
Like a desktop, the Envy has a decent-sized, high-resolution screen and keyboard including a number keypad. The Envy has quality web cams, microphones and speakers; as well as a fingerprint reader that can be used for secure access both at the login prompt and when accessing web services. Most importantly, with 6 gigabytes of RAM the Envy can power most of today's memory-intensive applications such as graphics and office programs; for example, I easily installed a copy of Microsoft Office Professional 2010 and successfully ran the software without a hitch. Select the desktop icon from the Windows 8 start screen to get the old school look-and-feel of prior versions of Windows.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Combining the reliability of an AMC Gremlin with the amazing Hell on Earth that is Windows 8, this laptop is the perfect fit for those who feel they don't have enough frustration... Read morePublished 14 months ago by bliss
BEST LAPTOP I've EVER purchased. The amount of RAM, the size of the screen, the amount of storage, etc, was WELL worth the price. HP ALL the way!Published 16 months ago by Markdb56
Never had a problem with HP products before. This one has been a nightmare. I bought it from Tiger Direct a year ago. Read morePublished 22 months ago by Alexandra Romanov
i give this 4 stars because this is a pretty large and nice computer although its not as fast as I expect.Published on June 6, 2014 by K.T.
It's a good laptop for the price. Had it for a few months now and was able to get it working perfectly with Windows 7 Ultimate, although funding all the drivers took time. Read morePublished on May 18, 2014 by Christopher Wiles
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.