- auto-document feeder
HP DeskJet 5740 Color Inkjet Printer
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Up to 23 ppm black, 18 ppm color, 26 ppm with optional cartridge
- Up to 1,200 dpi black resolution, 4,800 optimized dpi color
- Borderless photo printing on paper up to 8.5 by 24 inches
- HP PhotoREt III color technology, PhotoREt IV with optional cartridge
- USB connectivity, optional external print server; PC and Mac compatible
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
The HP Deskjet 5740 offers quick, user-friendly setup and a convenient control panel with one-touch print cancel button, ink status display, and automatic ink-backup printing. The compact design is ideal for small spaces in the home or office, and a 100-sheet input paper tray folds up for storage.
Increase value and the number of pages printed, with higher volume HP black ink cartridges. With included HP photo printing software, you can easily create reprints, enlargements, photo layouts, and album pages. Print long-lasting, professional-quality photos with exceptional fade resistance.
- Make a positive impression every time you print, with reliable, professional photo-quality color and laser-quality black. Enjoy the versatility of printing in 4,800-optimized dpi color and four-ink color, or optional six-ink color for richer photos.
- Organize and enhance your photos. Included HP photo printing software is easy to use. Drag and drop photos to quickly resize for reprints and enlargements. Print multiple photos and sizes on one page. Plus rotate, crop, adjust color, light, and sharpness with easy photo editing.
- Print professional photos that resist fading longer than traditionally processed photos, with optional six-ink color printing and HP Premium Plus photo papers. Produce bright, vivid prints with exceptional fade resistance.
- Print fast, laser-quality black text and color graphics at speeds up to 23 ppm black, up to 18 ppm color; or enhance speed and productivity up to 26 ppm black with an optional HP 96 Black Inkjet print cartridge (not included, sold separately).
- Print standard and custom size photos, with or without borders, using paper up to 8.5 by 24 inches. Easily print photos for display in standard frame sizes using pre-cut 4-by-6, 5-by-7, and 8-by-10-inch photo papers.
- Manage the printer easily with the convenient print cancel button and ink status display on front panel.
HP Deskjet 5740 color inkjet printer, HP 94 black inkjet print cartridge (C8765W), HP 95 tri-color inkjet print cartridge (C8766W), setup poster, reference guide, power supply and power cord; HP Photo Printing software (Windows), printer software (Windows and Macintosh) and User's guide on CD-ROM; USB cable not included
Top Customer Reviews
My #1 concern was text print quality as I do a lot of correspondence and not that much color photo printing. With inkjet paper (my favorite everyday paper is HP's Bright White Inkjet which goes for $8 for 500 sheets), the results are outstanding. Text is crisp and black... it looks right out of a laser printer!
The Mac OS X drivers are top notch! It can handle inkjet Avery labels, card stock, envelopes, transparencies, and premium photo paper. Plus it gives you full control over ink density, color balance, and ColorSync (Be sure to download the latest printer drivers from HP's website as the CD was a little out of date).
And when you use glossy photo paper, the color photos are just like film. Really outstanding photo printing from HP's "home office" Deskjet line. It can also use the special "Photo" ink cartridge as well as the standard "TriColor" cartridge. The 5740 also accepts HP's jumbo sized black and tri-color cartridges, which are double the size of a normal cartridge at a much better price.
You can't get a better printer for $99!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works every once in a while when printing from edge, won't print from outlook.com at all, works sometimes from office documents. Read morePublished 5 days ago by lk
Bought as reasonable price and to start with printing was good. But, a few months on and it's a disaster - I've just measured the ink usage - I've printed approximately 100 sheets... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Gomera
After trying AND failing to get the 5740 to load properly into our Asus, windows 7 machine ( the disc wouldn't even open! Read morePublished 15 months ago by ronald p parola
not a very sturdy printer because I had to replace it twice.Published 18 months ago by girl likes gadgets
This printer worked well most of the time. However there was an issue with the paper feed that needed repeated adjustment and now the ink constantly registers empty even when... Read morePublished 22 months ago by Mary E. Wright