Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: HP Deskjet 3050 All-in-One Printer (CH376A#B1H)
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Ingrid Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports

on January 15, 2011
I needed to replace an old HP deskjet that I've had for more than 5 years that finally decided to stop working properly. I did a lot of research online and quickly got very caught up with all of these massive all-in-one devices that had way more functionality than I would ever need. If you are like me and just need a home printer to print the occasional directions/maps, recipes, coupons, bills, etc., then this is definitely the printer for you.

Before you buy a printer online you need to go to a store and see just how large these all-in-one devices actually are. My wife took one look at them and told me there is no way that is going in our home office even if it also served as a micro fridge and coffee maker. The great thing about this HP 3050 is that it has a much smaller footprint than most all-in-one printers. It has print, copy, and scan functionality, but no fax. Who needs a fax these days anyways when you can just scan a file and then email the scanned document. Most devices don't have a fax out capability anyways so unless you are operating a business out of your house and you receive a lot of faxes the lack of fax on this model should not be a problem.

The printer is not too heavy and it's packaged really well in the box. Instead of being wrapped in styrofoam it is secured with recycled cardboard and wrapped in a reusable canvas bag that you can use for your groceries. It comes with a quick installation guide, as most HP printers do, and the set up went very smoothly with no problems. There is one piece of cardboard wedged inside near the ink cartridges that I missed, but the printer told me of my error and it was easy enough to remove.

Setting up wireless was also not a problem, but you will need to be familiar with your wireless network security settings in order to get the printer connected. An alternative is just using the USB cable, which is nicely included in the box. I haven't played around with web printing yet, but it's not hard to just plug the USB cable into my desktop or laptop and print what I need.

The only negative I can think of is that the printing is a bit loud, but unless you're keeping the printer in the room with the baby crib the noise isn't THAT loud that it would be a dealbreaker. Ink consumption so far is not noticeably different than my prior HP, but I don't print all that much all that often so this is tough to measure for me.

Overall a high quality printer with all the functionality non business users would need with a smaller footprint and lower price tag than most other all-in-one printers.
2828 comments| 589 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 23, 2010
This dynamic printer is small, easy to use, fast and produces a clean, high quality classy print, whether it is text or enlarged, detailed photograph. You can use direct connection (USB) or wireless connection. The instructions and disc that come with the printer make it a snap to set up and begin printer. Even the wireless was hands-free and automatic.For its size and versatility, this printer is unmatched in price and speed of delivert. Very highly recommended!
55 comments| 187 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2010
This is a great product for the occasional home use. Printing, scanning, copying is fast. The build quality isn't top notch, but acceptable. One of the features that was not very clear from the product description was the wireless printing. Box says it needs a WPS enabled router, however, that is only for one touch wireless setup. The printer can be easily configured to print wirelessly from a PC using the HP supplied drivers. I tried this from windows 7 and setup was a breeze. The instructions supplied are very clear and concise. Printer has some in-built templates like calendar, notebook paper, graph paper which I found useful as opposed to downloading a template from the internet and printing that. Wireless printing/scanning works very well (I have a WRT54G router). Scanned files can be converted to jpeg or PDF or TIF.
on October 29, 2010
HP Deskjet 3050 All-in-One Printer (CH376A#B1H)

I bought this printer to replace my old Lexmark that was very faithful but used very expensive ink. I wasn't
interested in wireless, but wanted a new scanner also and this item was very well priced. The install was painless on windows 7 and took only 10 min. including tests. Printer, copier and scan worked flawlessly. my only concern
is noise when printing starts. I hear several bumps and grinds as printing begins and I hope this is normal.
77 comments| 193 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 10, 2010
I love this printer. It was exceptionally easy to install - even for a novice like me.
on December 17, 2010
this printer is very good for the price. the print job is very clear and it was easy to set up. the only thing you can't do is put in how many copies you want. you just have to stay by the printer and keep pushing print until the # of copies has been made. also, when you print from the computer you can't print in b&w. you must print exactly as it looks on screen. i would prefer the choice because i don't like to waste the color ink but even so the ink hasn't gone down as much as i thought. the ink is pretty well priced too. less $20 where i live. our old printer was about $35.
on December 19, 2010
I've had an HP3420 for at least the past 6 years and it's worked great. Trouble is, the cartridges are getting expensive so I thought I'd spring for a new printer. I got the HP Deskjet 3050 for $69 bucks and it came with the color and black cartridges (though I was warned the were only "starter" cartridges and wouldn't last long.) I've put this thing through it's paces and it works fine. The set-up was super easy and fast. I had the thing up and running wirelessly on a Windows 7 machine and a Windows XP machine in about 15 minutes total. I've read a few other reviews that said set-up didn't go that smoothly but I suspect those people did not follow the very clear directions that were included. It is a bit noisy but for the price I can't complain at all.
on January 2, 2011
This is an awesome printer for the price. I needed a cheap printer to go with my laptop and this one is great. It works wirelessly, it was really easy to set up and the printing is really clear. It doesn't have a fax, but if you don't need that it is great. It comes with a USB cable so you don't need to buy one if you want to hook up with a cable. I didn't know, so I bought one just in case.
on December 2, 2010
Purchased this for my aunt, who barely can turn on the laptop it's installed on.

Setup took care of everything, including the wireless option. I really enjoyed that aspect, not having to dig around manually setting this.

Everything works flawlessly, the ink isn't too expensive.

The only downside comes from the motors used in the scanning and rollers in printing, they are loud,enough that I would get annoyed sitting there with a large job, but this is where the benefit of the wireless comes in. Worked a full floor above at the opposite corner of the house both scan and print... not lightning fast, but still suprisingly quick and zero hassle. Would and have recommended this model to others.

hooked up on an asus laptop running win 7 64bit, over a fios home network, neither unit in close proximity to wireless router.
on August 5, 2011
I purchased this printer when I upgraded to win7, my 2 old printers had served me well for years, but did not have drivers available for win 7. I chose this printer becuase it had wireless printing capability and was copy print scan all in one. The printer worked fine for a few months. It was quite a bit slower and louder than my other printers, but that didnt really bother me as I only paid like $60 for it.

I went to print directions for my pet sitter the other day and the printer would not take paper. It kept claiming there was a printer jam. I checked the rollers and couldnt find anything blocking the paper's path. The paper would start to feed, then jam and the printer would say it was "out of paper".

Guess I have to buy a new printer again. I will go with a different brand this time.
55 comments| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse