Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: HP 23" LV2311 Led Backlit Monitor
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Shop Now STEM

on March 7, 2013
What makes this monitor good is the price without the unnecessary built in speakers. My HP ProBook has HDMI output, and this monitor has
a DVI input......but no big problem. I got an HDMI to DVI converter and plugged the HDMI end of the plug into the laptop, and then plugged
the DVI end into the back of the monitor. Since HDMI and/or DVI are both high definition, I get the same top notch high definition quality on
the monitor either way.

In case anyone isn't aware, HDMI is the same as DVI with the exception that HDMI also caries audio where DVI does not. Since this monitor does not
have speakers built into it, there is no need for HDMI input on the back of it. The HDMI to DVI converter gets the high def job done. The nice
thing too is that these converter plugs aren't expensive. As far as audio is concerned, I have a male to male audio plug which is plugged into
the headphone jack on the front of the laptop, which is plugged into my Altec Lansing (Octane 7) speakers. Then to listen through headphones, I
have a stereo split plug hooked up to the Altec in which runs to a pair of Sony RF wireless headphones.

My point is that I'm happy in my opinion with the monitor setup and price because HP cut down on the manufacturing costs by not including speakers,
which usually do not have the good quality sound that computer speakers do anyway.

One other interesting thing about this monitor......there is no external power supply to plug into. You plug the included plug directly into the back
of the monitor and then plug the 3 prong plug directly into the wall outlet. Apparently the power supply is built inside the back of the monitor.
on January 14, 2013
The screen is nice and large so that those of us who are aging can actually increase font size and still see most everything on the page. Not alot of frills like speakers, but I already had those and was just looking for a decent large screen for the desk.
on January 23, 2013
I use this for working at home all day, every day, 5 days(sometimes more) a week. Performing software development so I'm staring at it all day, and it works and looks great! Big screen and crystal clear. I had a more expensive HP monitor on my last contract and it did not have as clear and balanced screen as this one. Plus this one is really cheap! I was expecting the worst and got one of the best, would not hesitate to get another and it is light making it very portable. That's probably where they saved some money is in the lightweight plastic casing but its still sturdy (I transported it in a suitcase on the airlines) and the picture is great.
on November 19, 2012
Use this monitor for daily office work, for the price, it can't be better. Read a review where the user picked it apart like a $ 2000.00 HD reference product...shesh.. this is a work tool and for $ 130.00 I will buy two or three more for my lab/desk. Also, the seller shipped it two days before expected delivery. What else could you ask for ? (p.s., I like the Blue Light) You don't use a 23" monitor to watch HD movies, that's what a Sony XBR is for.
on April 10, 2013
I bought a re-furb unit with lowered expectations just because I needed something this size asap. I planned on replacing it if i wasn't thrilled, but this one was available and low priced.
OK... This monitor looks GREAT!! I have been watching videos and gaming with it for a couple of months now and I have no plans to replace it unless it flat out dies.
I'm running an AMD Radeon HD7700 with 1GB of VideoRam, and Virtu2.0 on an Asus P8Z77-V LE MoBo w/16 GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM.
on June 3, 2015
I ended up purchasing this monitor through walmart (though a non-walmart website through the walmart ordering process). I had a poorer experience with an Acer monitor, same size but the colors were poor compared to this one. Returned it and I couldn't be happier with this Hp monitor. I'm an artist and a digital gamer, so I'm very picky about black levels and color depth in general.
on December 6, 2013
Wonderful monitor! I had purchased a Samsung monitor and wasn't happy with the colors - hazy, muddy - so I returned it for this one. What a difference - really crisp colors, blacks that were really black! I like the stand also. Easy to set up.
on March 26, 2013
I upgraded from a 17" that had quit working and I was not disappointed. It was easy to install with the included cables and the picture quality is amazing, every bit as good as a friends's monitor that cost twice as much.
on May 23, 2015
I missed it when it was on sale for $99 two weeks prior. Comparing prices off-sale, and given the cost of shipping, Amazon's price with free shipping won out. It is full HD. It has VGA so I can still use my KVM, as well as DVI ports for which I can get an adapter for my HP display port. I prefer the old CRT tubes for brightness, but the backlit LED screen presents quite nice brightness and color. It is quite automatic so I have not yet needed to adjust it. A fine quality device!

HP is increasingly coming to dominate my home. Their support services are also stellar. They have software, like Microsoft, that diagnoses and fixes problems. The divergence is theirs work fabulously!!
on May 14, 2013
This unit surpass my expectation. It's an awesome monitor, whether i am watching a movie or just performing regular computer work, this item delivers. Thanks