Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 Wireless All-in-One Photo Pr..." and save 33% off the $246.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $38.41 shipping
+ Free Shipping
HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer with Mobile Printing, Instant Ink ready (A7F64A) - Discontinued by Manufacturer
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Showcase your business, and make a professional impression with high-quality color printing for up to 50% lower cost per page than lasers.
- Print from your smartphone, tablet, and notebook across the office or on the go. It's simple and direct-even without a network-using wireless direct, wireless, and Ethernet connectivity.
- Handle more tasks without slowing down. Help enable business growth with an e-all-in-one you can count on to be easy to use for every task.
- Use only Original HP Ink in your HP printer for great results, print after print
- This HP Printer is compatible with Windows 10 (printer driver update may be required)
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
- Up to 19 ppm black
- Up to 14.5 ppm color
- 25 to 400% copy reduce/enlarge
- Up to 1200 dpi scan resolution
- Width x Depth x Height: 19.7 x 18.5 x 11.8 inches
HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 All-in-One
Drive business success—for less than lasers
Set up your business to grow with eye-catching color marketing materials for up to 50% lower cost per page than lasers. Project a professional image with every page, and help keep business moving with easy mobile printing at work, home, or on the go.
- Set the pace for success with fast printing speeds—up to 19 ppm black-and-white and 14.5 ppm color
- Help your business stand out with borderless, double-sided marketing materials
- Easily print from your smartphone, tablet, and notebook—with wireless direct, wireless, and Ethernet printing
- Easily manage all your tasks and access apps—just tap and swipe the 2.65-inch touchscreen
- This HP Printer is compatible with Windows 10 (printer driver update may be required)
This product has
- Business quality, lower cost: Get professional prints at up to half the cost per page of color laser.
- Easy mobile printing: Stay connected with the easiest way to print from your smartphone or tablet—setup is simple.
- Master multitasker: Copy, scan, duplex, web access and more.
- Wireless printing: Print and share with notebooks or PCs on an existing wireless network, using the freedom of built-in wireless.
- Easy wireless setup: Quick and easy wireless setup with HP Auto Wireless Connect.
- Built-in networking: Connect printing devices to PCs securely with built-in Ethernet ports.
- Borderless printing: Print borderless 4 x 6-inch photos and documents up to 8.5 x 11 inches.
- Scan to e-mail: Streamline workflow by scanning a document as an e-mail attachment directly from the printer's touchscreen.
- Automatic 2-sided printing: Save paper and time using automatic 2-sided printing.
- Automatic document feeder: Scan and copy multiple pages efficiently with an automatic document feeder.
- Color touchscreen: Access, store and print with the tap of a finger.
- Fax: Boost office efficiency with an all-in-one that includes fax functionality.
- Easy USB printing: Quickly print from flash drives using the easy-access USB drive.
- ENERGY STAR: Save energy with this ENERGY STAR printer.
- Print speed black ISO laser comparable: Up to 19 ppm.
- Print speed black draft: Up to 31 ppm.
- Print speed color ISO laser comparable: Up to 14.5 ppm.
- Print speed color draft: Up to 31 ppm.
- Recommended monthly page volume: 250 to 1,500 pages.
- Paper handling input, standard: 250-sheet input tray, 35-sheet ADF.
- Paper handling output, standard: 150-sheet output tray.
- Scanner type: Flatbed, ADF.
- Scan resolution, optical: 1200 dpi.
- Copy reduce/enlarge settings: 25%−400%.
- Fax resolution: Black (best): Color (best): 200 x 200 dpi; Black (standard): 203 x 98 dpi; Color (standard): 200 x 200 dpi.
- Warranty: One-year limited hardware warranty; 24-hour, 7 days a week Web support; business hour phone support within warranty period.
Compare to similar items
|Price||$233.99||Add to cart to see price. Why?||$292.00||$470.59||Add to cart to see price. Why?||$149.99|
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$28.70||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Lavender Edirect||Amazon.com||Let'sBuy||Meta-Electro||Amazon.com||Atars|
|Connectivity Technology||USB; Ethernet; Wi-Fi||Wi-Fi; USB; Ethernet||USB; Ethernet; Wi-Fi||USB; Wi-Fi; Ethernet||Wi-Fi; USB; Ethernet||Wi-Fi; Ethernet|
|Item Dimensions||11.8 x 19.7 x 18.5 in||19.75 x 21 x 13.5 in||12.4 x 19.7 x 18.5 in||15.7 x 19.7 x 18.5 in||19.7 x 20.9 x 13.4 in||18.18 x 15.26 x 8.82 in|
|Item Weight||26.24 lbs||25.4 lbs||28.62 lbs||35.01 lbs||33.02 lbs||17.6 lbs|
|Maximum Print Speed (Black and White)||19 pages_per_minute||22 pages_per_minute||34 pages_per_minute||21 pages_per_minute||—||29 pages_per_minute|
|Media Size Maximum||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch|
|Operating System||Windows, Mac||Windows||Windows, Mac||Windows, Mac||Windows, Mac, Linux||Windows, Mac|
|Print Media Type||Envelopes, Paper (plain)||Envelopes, Paper (plain)||Envelopes, Paper (plain)||Glossy photo paper, Glossy film, Card stock, Paper (plain)||Envelopes, Paper (plain)||Glossy photo paper, Envelopes, Paper (plain)|
|Additional Features||AutoDocument Feeder||Auto-Document Feeder||AutoDocument Feeder||AutoDocument Feeder||Auto-Document Feeder||Auto-Document Feeder|
Professional color for less than lasers: Look professional with every page, using Original HP pigment inks for vibrant, durable prints. Set the pace for success with fast printing speeds—up to 19 ppm black-and-white and 14.5 ppm color. Attract new customers with borderless, double-sided marketing materials that help your business stand out.
Print on your terms: Enable secure wireless printing from your mobile device—no router or access to local network required. Easily print photos, documents, and more when you're on the go, using HP ePrint. Share all your printer has to offer, office-wide, using 10/100 Ethernet connectivity—it's that simple.
Set a new pace for productivity: Easily manage all your tasks and access apps—just tap and swipe the 2.65-inch (6.75 cm) touchscreen. Speed to success with fast double-sided printing of text documents and borderless color marketing materials. Breeze through multipage documents, copies, and faxes, using the 35-page automatic document feeder.
Save up to 50% on ink with HP Instant Ink: Print high-quality documents and photos in black-and-white and color—all for the same low price. Choose from three monthly plans depending on how much you print—change or cancel anytime. Getting started with HP Instant Ink is quick and easy – learn more at http://www.hpinstantink.com
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
(Please note I continue to monitor replies to this review. Please read questions asked in reply to this review to obtain additional information.)
I needed a printer to finally replace my 10+ years old HP Deskjet 932c. Although ancient by today's standards, this printer was considered an excellent printer for its time, and printed nice documents and VERY nice photos and graphics, even on plain paper. Needless to say, purchasing HP's latest and greatest, I expected at least as much.
PACKAGING: 5 Stars.
The printer came packed very well, surrounded by foam on 4 corners with clear plastic covering a lot of the surface of the printer, including the touch screen (of course). High quality, no-residue tape kept everything tight and secure. The entire printer was encased in a plastic bag which I used to pull the printer out of the box (would have been difficult to get out otherwise!).
LOOK and FEEL: 5 Stars.
This printer is BIG and quite hefty. I chose this printer after I had checked out all the others I was considering because it seemed so well built and sturdy. All of the components are tight, well-finished, and feel high-quality. The scanner, auto-document feeder lid is light-years beyond nearly every other inkjet printer I checked out at a big box store (the only ones that compared were some other HPs!). The lid is thick and solid and lifts with an assist mechanism that holds it at a high-angle (nearly 90 degrees) upright position. All the other printers had thin, flimsy lids that you had to hold up to use. The paper tray is solid and well-built with good quality adjusters (for paper size).
SETUP: 4 Stars.
Setup was easy and flawless. The printer came with a 1-page (pictures only) quick setup guide. Initial setup includes attaching the duplexing tray, adding ink cartridges (that come with the printer), paper, and finding the wireless network (if you have one). The printer found my network without issue, and I simply had to add my router's access code for the printer to finish connecting.
The next step of setup required installation of the software from the included CD. Setup walks you through the process quite easily, including helping you to choose how your printer is connected (Wi-Fi, Ethernet cable, or USB). Setup also asks if you want to register the product, asks for your zip code (not sure why), and other pertinent information. Also, setup auto-checks that you want Google toolbar (no, I don't, thank you very much). Be sure to look for and uncheck these "options" if you don't want this bloat-ware. Unfortunately, I did NOT get the option to choose where to install my software (I have several hard drives). I assume it defaults to your Windows directory (or, where you have Windows installed).
Everything went without a hitch on my Windows 8 system, with the printer showing up automatically on the printers page of the control panel (Windows auto-selected this as my default printer). Total install time was around 30 minutes, though I did not specifically time it. As an aside, HP's software did let me know my printer was eligible for their instant ink replacement program (internet search will explain what this is). I installed the printer quickly and easily on the second computer in my home simply by loading the software from the CD.
During setup, the printer used 3 or 4 sheets of paper to align the heads and auto-correct print quality and print some instructions. Quality looked normal (what one would expect) for standard text documents. One of the print-outs had a couple of very basic, blue pictures that looked normal (as one would expect).
PRINT QUALITY (EVERYDAY DOCS): 5 Stars.
(UPDATE 06/24/14): I have had the opportunity to print some "everyday" text documents (e-mails, Word, etc.). The 8610 on "Normal" quality print setting prints VERY fast on plain white paper. In fact, the machine wakes up and prints the document before I can hardly get out of my chair in the living room and walk over and grab the (1 page) printout on the printer in the dining room. The print quality is normal for an ink-jet printer and certainly sufficient for this application.
(UPDATE 01/06/15): Even though the machine prints lightening fast in draft and normal mode, it does NOT shake the entire machine in the process as many printers are wont to do. The machine seems to be balanced and weighted very nicely!
PRINT QUALITY (OFFICE DOCS): 4 Stars.
(UPDATE 06/30/14): I printed my resume' on Southworth 32 lb. 100% cotton resume' paper. I used settings 'Other Thick Paper', 'Black & White Only', and 'Best' quality. The document printed quite fast but definitely slower than the "everyday docs" described above (which is expected, and I would be surprised if it didn't!). The print was crisp and clear. I did not see any text bleed. I would give this 5 stars, but I still have a problem with the black ink. For some reason, it simply is not as dark and eye-popping as the black ink from my HP 932c. I am wondering if this is a difference between pigment ink versus dye ink. The results were certainly adequate, and I would not be embarrassed to submit this professional resume' to a job prospect.
PRINT QUALITY (GRAPHICS): 4 Stars.
(UPDATE 01/06/15): As stated in the comments section, I have had the opportunity to print some graphics intensive documents on HP "All In One" printing paper. I wanted to see if it truly made a difference. It is rated at 96 "Brightness" and is 22 lb. paper. I selected "HP Premium Presentation Paper, Matte" as my paper type. I had used this option before but had not gotten much better results. For some reason, now I am getting much better results. I am still using the print cartridges that came with the printer (still have not run out of ink!).
Even though the color and quality of the prints are much better than I had initially with this printer, my comment about black ink still applies: it simply is not as dark and eye-popping as my old 932c. I would say the blacks are adequate.
OLD: The following comments in brackets are from my initial impressions.
[My first serious test was a graphics intensive Paint Shop document my son had made. Quality output, even on plain paper was always vivid and clear on my 932c. The first print-out on "Normal" setting with my new printer revealed less than stellar results. The colors were faded and the black was not a dark, rich black. We compared the results to the document printed on my very old 932c. It did not even compare. The print from my new 8610 looked second rate compared to the print from my 932c. The colors from the 932c were rich and vivid, and the blacks were deep and dark -not so on the 8610 (please bare in mind both prints were on simple plain paper).
Knowing HP can be very picky about what paper you select that you are printing on, I decided to "trick" the printer and say I had a better quality ink-jet paper and told the printer to print in "High" quality. The print-out looked barely perceptibly better than the first print. I then decided (for test purposes), that I would print on very high quality Kodak glossy photo paper. THAT was a total boondoggle.
The 8610 could not even grab and pull the paper out of the paper tray. I tried stacking more paper under the photo paper so it was higher up in the tray. No go. I tried turning the paper around (to give it a new, clean edge to grab). No go. I tried using the instructions on the touch screen (that was helpful . . . NOT). This was a very disappointing experience. HP specs for the 8610e show it can easily handle the 64-lb. photo paper I attempted to use. I am not sure why this will not work.]
PRINT QUALITY (PICTURES): UNKNOWN. I have not printed photographs on photo paper.
DUPLEX PRINTING (2-SIDED): 5 Stars
The duplexer on the back of the machine works quickly and efficiently to process 2-sided documents. Selecting 2-sided printing is easily achieved through the print setup (normal printer dialgue box). You can choose whether to flip the page along the long side or short side of the document. The task requires very little effort and the results are excellent.
COPYING: 5 Stars
Copying from the document auto-loader is simple and quick. Reproduction quality is very good. I have not tested this feature extensively.
SCAN (TO COMPUTER): 4 Stars
I scanned an old photo. The touch screen asked to where I would like to scan. It listed both of my computers on the network, and I could select through the file structure until I found the specific folder where I wanted to save the document. Nice! The printer quickly scanned the photo. The color reproduction was good. I am not sure of the scan resolution, but the results were very decent. I did not print the scanned image onto photo paper, so I cannot say how good the reproduction truly is. However, for posting on the internet, you would be more than pleased!
FAX: UNKNOWN. I have not faxed any documents.
We have wasted three hours of our time.
That was a long negative preamble to say that I was skeptical that this new Officejet Pro was going to make me happy. In fact, I am now happy with this. It is fast, clear, and prints decent photos as well as text/business documents. The Macintosh software and drivers are actually decent, and it does not require you to use their bloatware. Wow, big changes. There's just a couple things that prevent me from giving it five stars, and those are in the cons section below.
Also, let me add that Amazon Vine actually sent me an 8620 and not an 8610. So, this one has slightly better specs and one more duplex mode, I believe.
1. Easy setup. This is a wireless as well as wired unit. You can connect with USB, ethernet, and WIFi. I chose to use WiFi only. On some printers (notably, Samsung) you are way better off going for USB and then WiFi after you've made the initial settings. On the HP, all that is not necessary. The nice touch screen display allows you to quickly and easily put the unit online with your local wireless network. Furthermore, it does not lose its settings when you power it off, unplug it and move it. Superior!
2. Touch screen. This is the best touch screen interface I've seen in a printer. It is of good size and it works. The menus as sensible. Superior.
3. Speed. I didn't measure it, but the time to first print, time for each print, etc. are all fast enough to be non-irrititating. That is, no time for coffee between hitting print and walking down the hall to get the output. It is pretty fast for photos, as well. I would say, under a minute for a "best" quality 4x6 on photo paper. Excellent.
4. Scanner. Very good and very fast for a business printer. The Mac scanner driver worked fine over wireless and you can initiate scans from the HP or from your computer. Since HP is a PC house, I would guess the Windows version works at least as well. Superior (for office unit - My Epson Perfection v700 flatbed is still way better, but that is not the mission of this office scanner).
4a. The speed of the scanner is good (non irritating) and the feeder works as well as the ones on my Brother MFC units (one laser 8660DN and one J870DW). The scanner can do both auto feed and open lid flatbed work. It does not have stupid and fragile parts that I can see so far.
5. Feed tray. This is a plus and a minus (see cons). This is a nice, sturdy tray with metal in the critical load bearing areas. It has robust adjustments for length and width vs. the flimsy pieces found in some printers. This one's tray is clearly made for office use vs. casual use. It can take 4x6 inch up to 8.5x11 inch paper. It easily removes and inserts into the printer body.
6. Photo quality. This baby prints really nice photos on photo paper even though it is only a 3 color printer! I mean, not true photo printer level, but as good as drug store prints, if not better. I used HP Advanced paper with the HP cartridges. Good throughput and no banding or weird color shifts. The color on "best" setting was nice and well saturated. I used the "let printer decide" settings for color management. Superior (for an office printer).
7. Separate color cartridges and black. As a higher volume printer than some smaller home units, this supports the larger individual ink tanks rather than the combo ones. This also means that it does NOT include the replaceable heads with the ink cartridge replacements and you must remember to maintain the heads through more or less frequent use. This is not one of those units that you can just let sit for a month between uses.
7a. I am sure that HP has still engineered a lot of their profit into the cartridges - it is a profitable business after all - but the nice thing is that HP ink is available everywhere, including Costco. It is also always eventually "hacked" so that inexpensive after market versions are available. This is not always the case with all versions of other printers. In any case, the "real" cartridges for the 8620 were on the warehouse store shelves when I looked, so you have two relatively decently priced sources - Amazon and Costco.
* I did not use the FAX, so I don't know how well it works. Not that many chances to use faxes any more. :-)
1. No bypass for odd size paper and envelopes. I took the extreme measure (for me) of reading the manual, which you must download. There is no way to bypass the main paper tray for envelopes or photo paper. You must unload the tray, take out the paper that is in it, and reload with your new size paper each time. Really? Poor choice.
2. Photo paper does not easily pick up from the tray. Since photo paper is a little thicker, it does not bend or pick up as easily from the tray. So, I found that sometimes it just fails and you have to re-try by loosening the guides in the tray a little bit from the edge of the paper. I would say, 1/32" or so. Do not snug them tight as you normally would, or the photo paper will not pick up. I didn't have this issue with regular 20# paper. Of course, this would not be an issue if they had a bypass tray ….
I like this unit, although it is a mystery to me why they didn't address the two cons I have. Making it harder to use envelopes is goofy in an office. Since photos are less frequent, I can deal with that. If you are printing hardcopies, though, chance are you are mailing some of them so I don't understand the missing bypass feature.
That said, for the 90% or more of the time when you are just wanting a solid business printer, scanner fax, and don't do much with envelopes and odd size paper, this is a great choice. Fast, nice looking output, unobjectionable workman looks, and easy administration overall. I'm going to replace my still working Brother J870 MFC with this unit because the output is nicer in all modes, it's faster and the scanner has better results.