Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "HP OfficeJet 5741 All-in-One Wireless Printer with..." and save 70% off the $199.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $14.21 shipping
+ $14.79 shipping
4 Year Asurion Office Products Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers power surge and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Free shipping on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online or by phone 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card for full replacement value.
- Coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 48 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
HP OfficeJet 5741 All-in-One Wireless Printer with Mobile Printing, includes 1 year of Instant Ink (B9S83A)
|Price:||$170.29 + $18.70 shipping|
|You Save:||$29.70 (15%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Main functions of this HP color inkjet photo printer: copy, scan, fax, wireless printing, AirPrint, two-sided duplex printing, color touchscreen, Instant Ink enabled so you never run out of ink, and more
- Mobile printing: print from anywhere using your smartphone or tablet with the free HP ePrint app, easily print from your iPhone or iPad with AirPrint, print even without a network-using Wireless Direct printing, touch to print with NFC capability
- Scan to email: Scan and send digital files directly to email. HP Printables: Your printer delivers fun activities, news, savings and more—for free
- Save time with the 25-page automatic document feeder: Scan and copy multiple pages efficiently with an automatic document feeder and separate 4x6-inch photo paper tray
- Includes 1 year of ink with included $120 prepaid HP Instant Ink card. Save up to 50% on ink with HP Instant Ink; the printer tells HP when to send more ink so you'll never run out. Original HP Ink prints up to 2x the pages as refilled cartridges
- Access, store and print with the tap of a finger using the 2.65" color touchscreen
- Paper sizes supported: Letter, legal, 4x6 in, 5x7 in, 8x10 in, No. 10 envelopes
- One-year limited hardware warranty; 24-hour, 7 days a week Web support
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
HP Instant Ink
Ink Replacement Service:
- Save up to 50% on ink and never run out
- Get reliable new ink cartridges before you need them
- Your printer orders ink, so you'll always have it
- Ink, shipping and cartridge recycling are included
- Sign up and choose the Instant Ink plan that works best for you—no credit/debit card required
- No annual fee—change or cancel plans online anytime
HP OfficeJet 5741 Instant Ink 1 Year Edition All-in-One Printer
Up to 1 year of ink included. No mess. No stress.
Print laser-quality documents and lab-quality photos from your smartphone or tablet. Easily complete projects for work and home with this powerful machine. This printer includes special ink cartridges and a prepaid card, redeemable for one year or more of HP Instant Ink.
- Get Original HP ink delivered to your door with HP Instant Ink
- Includes a prepaid card, good for up to 1 year of ink—everything you need is included in the box
- Cartridges require HP Instant Ink activation with included prepaid card, direct internet connection, and a valid email
- Print documents with vibrant, professional color and sharp, laser-quality text—perfect for any occasion
- Save time with the 25-page automatic document feeder and separate 4x6-inch photo paper tray
- The easiest way to print from your smartphone or tablet
- Save paper and conserve resources—consume up to 50% less paper with automatic two-sided printing
This product has
- Instant Ink-eligible: Save up to 50% on ink and never run out.
- Wireless printing: Print and share with notebooks or PCs on an existing wireless network, using the freedom of built-in wireless.
- Built-in networking: Connect printing devices to PCs securely with built-in Ethernet ports.
- Wireless direct: Send print jobs quickly and efficiently—wirelessly without a network.
- AirPrint: Print from your Apple iPad, iPhone and iPod touch to your HP printer.
- Easy mobile printing: Stay connected with the easiest way to print from your smartphone or tablet—setup is simple.
- Borderless printing: Print borderless 4 x 6-inch photos and documents up to 8.5 x 11 inches.
- Scan to email: Scan and send digital files directly to email.
- Automatic 2-sided printing: Save paper and time using fast automatic 2-sided printing.
- Fax: Boost office efficiency with an all-in-one that includes fax functionality.
- Automatic document feeder: Scan and copy multiple pages efficiently with an automatic document feeder.
- Color touchscreen: Access, store and print with the tap of a finger.
- NFC touch-to-print: Easily print with just a touch from your NFC-printing-enabled smartphone or tablet.
- HP All-in-One Printer Remote: Print and scan wirelessly from your mobile device using the free mobile app.
- ENERGY STAR: Save energy with this ENERGY STAR printer.
- Print speed black ISO laser comparable: Up to 12 ppm.
- Print speed black draft: Up to 22 ppm.
- Print speed color ISO laser comparable: Up to 8 ppm.
- Print speed color draft: Up to 21 ppm.
- First page out black: As fast as 18 sec.
- First page out color: As fast as 22 sec.
- Recommended monthly page volume: 300 to 400 pages.
- Paper handling input, standard: 125 sheet main input tray, 15 sheet photo tray, 25-sheet ADF.
- Paper handling output, standard: 25-sheet output tray
- Scanner type: Flatbed, ADF.
- Scan resolution, optical: 1200 dpi
- Copy reduce/enlarge settings: 25%−400%.
- Fax resolution: Black (best): Up to 300 x 311 dpi; Color (best): 200 x 208 dpi; Black (standard): 98 x 208 dpi; Color (standard): 200 x 208 dpi.
- Warranty: One-year limited hardware warranty; 24-hour, 7 days a week limited phone support.
|Know More||Know More||Know More||Know More||Know More|
|Functions||Print, Copy, Scan, Fax||Print, Copy, Scan, Fax||Print, Copy, Scan, Fax||Print, Copy, Scan, Fax||Print, Copy, Scan, Fax|
|ISO print speed||Up to 8.5 ppm black, up to 6 ppm color||Up to 9.5 ppm black, up to 6.8 ppm color||Up to 12 ppm black, up to 8 ppm color||Up to 12 ppm black, up to 8 ppm color||Up to 12 ppm black, up to 8 ppm color|
|Maximum print speed||Up to 20 ppm black, up to 16 ppm color||Up to 20 ppm black, up to 16 ppm color||Up to 22 ppm black, up to 21 ppm color||Up to 22 ppm black, up to 21 ppm color||Up to 22 ppm black, up to 21 ppm color|
|Maximum paper size||8.5 x 14 inches||8.5 x 14 inches||8.5 x 14 inches||8.5 x 14 inches||8.5 x 14 inches|
|Auto 2-sided printing||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Networking||Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n||Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n||Ethernet, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n||Ethernet, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n||Ethernet, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n|
|Display||2.2-inch touch mono with magic frame||2-inch hi-res mono LCD||2.65-inch color touchscreen||2.65-inch color touchscreen||2.65-inch color touchscreen|
|Paper capacity||60-sheet input tray, 35-sheet automatic document feeder, 25-sheet output tray||100-sheet input tray, 35-sheet automatic document feeder, 25-sheet output tray||125-sheet input tray, 15-sheet photo tray, 25-sheet automatic document feeder, 25-sheet output tray||125-sheet input tray, 15-sheet photo tray, 25-sheet automatic document feeder, 25-sheet output tray||125-sheet input tray, 15-sheet photo tray, 25-sheet automatic document feeder, 25-sheet output tray|
|Instant Ink value||$120 HP Instant Ink prepaid enrollment card included||$240 HP Instant Ink prepaid enrollment card included|
Compare with similar items
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 All-in-One Wireless Printer with Mobile Printing, Instant Ink ready (T0F29A)
HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 All-in-One Wireless Printer with Mobile Printing, Instant Ink ready (T0F28A)
HP OfficeJet Pro 6830 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer with Mobile Printing, Instant Ink Ready (E3E02A)
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 All-in-One Wireless Printer with Mobile Printing, Instant Ink ready (M9L66A)
HP Envy 7640 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer with Mobile Printing, Instant Ink ready (E4W43A)
|Price||$170.29||Add to cart to see price. Why?||Add to cart to see price. Why?||$199.00||Add to cart to see price. Why?||$99.99|
|Shipping||$18.70||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Top Office Product||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazing Lighting deal||Amazon.com||Novatronics|
|Color||—||—||OJ Pro 6968||Black||black||Black|
|Connectivity Technology||Wi-Fi; Ethernet||USB; Ethernet; Wi-Fi||USB; Ethernet; Wireless||Wi-Fi; Ethernet||Wi-Fi; USB; Ethernet||Wi-Fi; USB; Ethernet|
|Item Dimensions||17.87 x 16.14 x 7.6 in||18.26 x 15.35 x 9 in||9 x 15 x 18 in||18.18 x 15.26 x 8.82 in||19.75 x 21 x 13.5 in||17.87 x 16.14 x 7.6 in|
|Item Weight||16.91 lbs||1 lb||17.7 lbs||17.6 lbs||31.83 lbs||16.91 lbs|
|Maximum Print Speed (Black and White)||—||20 pages_per_minute||30 pages_per_minute||29 pages_per_minute||22 pages_per_minute||14 pages_per_minute|
|Media Size Maximum||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch||5 x 7 inch||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch|
|Operating System||Windows, Mac||Windows, Mac, Linux||Windows, Mac, Linux||Windows, Mac||Windows||Windows, Mac|
|Print Media Type||Envelopes, Paper (plain)||Envelopes, Paper (plain)||Envelopes, Paper (plain)||Envelopes, Paper (plain), Glossy photo paper||Envelopes, Glossy film, Paper (plain), Glossy photo paper, Card stock||Envelopes, Paper (plain), Transparencies, Glossy photo paper, Labels|
|Additional Features||Auto-Document Feeder||0.0||Instant Ink ready||Auto-Document Feeder||Auto-Document Feeder||Auto-Document Feeder|
Save up to 50% on ink with HP Instant Ink: Requires sign up with included $120 prepaid card and direct Internet connection. The printer tells HP when to send more ink so you’ll never run out. Change or cancel your plan anytime online (monthly pages roll over will change with plan).
Print on your terms: Start printing and organizing quickly with easy setup from your smartphone, tablet, or PC. Easily connect to your local network and the Internet—wirelessly2or using the Ethernet port. Print from your iPhone, iPad, Android-based mobile devices, Amazon Kindle Fire—and many more.
Full-featured productivity for work and home: Print documents with vibrant, professional color and sharp, laser-quality text—perfect for any occasion. Save time with the 25-page automatic document feeder and separate 4x6-inch photo paper tray. Walk up, edit, and print high-quality photos—right at the device.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This is the easiest Printer setup I have ever encountered. Even the Wifi connection worked perfectly. It didn't ask for the router key and apparently didn't need one to complete the setup. I've used the print, copy and scan functions and all worked perfectly. If I ever see a need for a land line I'll test the fax capability. That is never likely to happen.
EDITED TO ADD: The Install is easy but don't use the included instructions. THAT RESULTS IN AN INCOMPLETE INSTALL, Instead: Go to HP.COM/ Support/ Download Drivers/ enter Officejet 5740/ select HP Officejet 5740e/ select HP Officejet 5740e again/ Option 1: Check for Updates select “Check Now”/ Use option to Download (highlighted in orange)/ Save File, open and install. The directions included with the printer installs an incomplete NOT UPDATED driver that does not fully activate the printer display panel. You can use the display panel, but those commands will not connect with or export to your computer. Once installed check to ensure the Printer will Scan and Copy directly to your computer using the Printer Front Display. The computer needs to be on for this to work properly. All this can also be done remotely from the computer using the HP Dashboard icon on the Computer Desktop too.
I do have two suggestions.
To save ink go to Control Panel/ Devices and Printers/ right click on your printer (which should already have a green check mark as your Default Printer)/ Printing Preferences/ Paper Quality Tab/ And under Quality Settings, select Draft and finally Apply. The Draft setting uses 20% less ink than than the Normal setting (according to HP Tech Support) with almost no degradation of print quality that I can see.
Some have had difficulty with where their Scans are saved. I never had that problem. Here is a very brief tutorial. When finished scanning and after selecting Save, an HP "Save As" dialog box opens, which gives you the option of naming the file (highlighted in blue, call it anything you want). And to the left side, in the margin, is a list of all the available destinations on your computer. You can place your work in any of them by left clicking on that destination. Select Pictures for photos and Documents for documents. If you named it something accurate and descriptive you will have no trouble finding them again.
Another note on Scanning and Copying in the PDF format. If you want to later print from that PDF file, open it, right click on the image and the Printer Icon will appear in the bottom right corner of the screen. Without the Right Click it is a read only view of the file.
The only problem I now have is that the old HP printer, lost to a fire, had an unintended safety feature. I could hear it banging along from two floors away. I relied on that racket to tell me if it had run out of paper or ink. I cannot hear this one working from 10 feet away. It is almost silent.
I hope this helps.
Phew! No damage to the printer and the accident illuminated just how durable this printer is. We were off to a great start after a bad toe crash!
Installation, as I feared, did take longer than I had hoped; human error...I won’t go into the specifics. While hitting a techie roadblock, I searched high and low for a telephone number that would connect me to a human being (remember them?) to help me troubleshoot, but no such luck. You can’t beat a live operator to walk you through technical jams, but, fortunately, I figured everything out on my own and then felt pretty darn dumb to realize that the printer REALLY IS easy to set up; all you have to do is read the directions—these are really easy to follow—from the beginning—duh!
Since getting the printer to work, I’ve printed a number of different docs and love the quality of both color and black and white docs. The scanner, too, is nice and quick—very handy if you are consolidating your office space, which I am in the process of doing. And, of course, there are a lot of other perks, but the best one is: free ink for a year! Yippee! Lots of bang for your buck, what better is that?
If my opinion assisted you with your decision to purchase this item, please feel free to click "Yes" that you find it helpful.
My big gripe with this is that scanned pages are more like photographs -- and also parts of the scanned pages are out of focus, as seen by the text. I believe this is due to the way the pages are pressed down to be scanned; i.e. not very evenly.
Yes, this printer is a winner with first impressions, but the buyer will be the loser in the long run.
Verdict: do NOT buy this model.