Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
HP Officejet 4500 All-in-One (CB867A#B1H)
|Price:||$435.99 + $13.89 shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 100-sheet input tray
- 20-page automatic document feeder
- 1-line LCD (text)
- 20-sheet output tray
- included Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port (cable not included)
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Built-in Wireless Printing
Print from any room without using cables
Built-in Wired Networking
Share your printer with multiple people
Save paper by printing on both sides automatically
Memory Card Slots
Print photos without using a PC
Color LCD Screen
Edit photos and/or manage your printer easily
4 x 6 Color Photo Printing
Print brilliant photos for albums or to enhance business documents
High-capacity Paper Tray
Refill paper less often with a tray that holds 250 sheets or more
Auto Document Feeder
Fax, scan and copy multiple pages automatically
Up to 28 pages per minute black, up to 22 ppm color1; laser comparable speeds up to 6 ppm black, up to 4 ppm color2
Up to 100-page fax memory, up to 90 speed dial numbers
- After first page; see www.hp.com/go/inkjetprinter for details.
- Based on ppm measured using ISO/IEC 24734. Standard applies to inkjet and laser products and excludes first set of test documents.
- Page yield values are approximate, actual yield depends on printer and specific use; for more information visit www.hpshopping.com
Top Customer Reviews
- Set-up was not "easy" but it was not especially difficult. Total time for set-up was about 1 hour, but I was unable to hard-wire the HP 4500 into my router and have it identified by my Mac.
- I understand that this is an inexpensive printer - but I wish HP would have included all of the necessary cables. You need to recognize that you will need a USB cable to connect the printer to your computer. It is also important to know that you need a standard printer stye USB cable and NOT the mini-usb - here is a good deal on a cable that will work Mediabridge USB Cable - A-Male to B-Male - 6ft. Also, ethernet cables are NOT included. What IS INCLUDED are the power cords and telephone connectors for your FAX machine.
- Print quality is ok - More than acceptable in black-and-white and color, but don't expect top-notch photos. The HP 4500 prints does a great job in printing Excel and Word documents, but you will likely be disappointed if you are using it for your vacation photos.
- Fully functional scanner, fax, and photocopier - but none of the features are no-thrills
- Print speed - To me this is the best feature - both BW and color prints are done quickly.
- Aesthetics - Nice look to the printer and has the "look' of a much more expensive printer.Read more ›
Assembly instructions were clear and easy to follow. Basically you plug in the printer and insert an auto-load cd to your computer and the rest is magic. Unfortunately, despite easy to follow instructions, set up did not work on my computer. I am running Vista - not sure if other Vista users had similar problems? Anyway, was able to access HP Solution Center and downloaded a separate set of manual set up instructions that were not quite as easy to follow. My computer crashed 3 times trying to back out the auto install files. 2 hours later, I was able to clean my hard drive to follow the manual install instructions and got the darn thing set up.
Now, after all that... here are my thoughts/grades on how the product works.
Physical Design: A
Overall, the product is sleek, pretty and compact. It has a shiny black color and sits comfortably on the corner of the desk.
Ease of Use: B+
There are clear picture icons on the buttons to identify the different options: color vs bw fax, color vs bw copy, etc.
Paper is easy to load. Took some points off for the tiny little communication screen on the front. This reminded me of the "word processing" electric typewriter I had back in the 80s. the menu screen shows just a few characters at a time so that you have to scroll through to see menu choices, settings, etc.Read more ›
Size is the first surprise in opening this box. It is all PRINTER! There is no wasted space. This printer is 11"D,17"W, by 8.5"H, much smaller than the OfficeJet 7500 12"D, 20"W, by 13"H but it purports to do the same things. I was hoping for Bluetooth capability but that was a lot to ask of such a compact, otherwise completely impressive printer. The difference in size is a big deal, especially in a very cramped office situation like mine. The only fallout is that the scanner/ copier/fax is slightly compromised by being able to send only 20 pages at a time. apparently the cost of making it so much smaller. This is not a huge problem for me since I am willing to send more than one fax but it might bother other people.
What was also very interesting is that it can accept faxes without printing them. For my purposes, it is much easier to view corrected and edited pages side-by-side on my screen than it is to look at paper on the side of the desk and the Word file on the screen. This way they go side by side - which is really helpful.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought this because I needed tech support on another HP printer and it was cheaper to buy this than it was to pay for the tech support. Read morePublished 28 days ago by JaguarOT
My old model gave out and I searched to find the same because I really like it. Can't find it anywhere else? Go to Amazon.com!Published 2 months ago by HappyinNYC
It's not compatible with Windows 7 or higher; but because this workhorse printer refuses to fail, it's among the best bargains on the market.Published 3 months ago by Chuck Bauer
Third one I bought and it to broke down too. Worked for awhile then started to make a LOUD grinding noise. Always bought HP and now I am switching.Published 4 months ago by Beverly J Stevens
After 7 months it started making a horrible noise. Called HP. Told this model is no longer under any support.Published 5 months ago by Paul A. Riberal
I bought this printer from Staples years ago and was happy with it's performance. as with all electronics it finally went bad and I bought a Canon replacement. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Gaming World.