HP Officejet 6310 All-in-One Printer
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Robust and affordable all-in-one printer, fax, scanner, and copier
- Crisp and clear 1,200 dpi black and white print quality; 4,800x1,200 dpi full-color print quality
- Prints or copies up to 30 pages per minute
- Windows and Mac compatible
- 1 Year limited manufacturer's warranty
- Use only Original HP Ink in your HP printer for great results, print after print
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
New features include the ability to take several formats of camera memory cards and read directly from them to print contact sheets, six ink color with inkjet photo ink and up to 24 x 8.5 prints. There are also wired and wireless network options etc but I have not used them.
Installation was a breeze, I was up and running in maybe 10 minutes, the controls are intuitive but if needed the instruction book is unusually easy to follow.
Why not five stars: it drinks ink and the cartridges are small -that gets expensive.
If you can live with the ink issue this is a great machine for the home office or small business.
I did have some trouble initially installing it to my pc. But I've heard it takes a little trouble in the begining for Windows XP's. Eitherway once the installation is fully complete (which I did by myself without any HP assistence, by just working at the kinks) it is good to go and a great asset. I've even used it to print business presentations materials already and they came out better then at my local Staples copy center.
In my humble and not printer savvy opinion, I believe this is a great machine at a very good price for all the other machines it eliminates.
This unit does a great job as a fax: it is easy to send multi-page paxes directly from your computer or from the unit itself. While it took a little bit of configuring to get it to output confirmation pages from sent faxes (you'd think it would do this by default, but it's a feature you have to enable), it's (so far) been a very reliable and hassle-free fax, which is more than I can say for some standalone faxes.
This does a pretty good job as a color (and photo) printer. It's not a dedicated color printer (like some of the Epson units that cost as much as this all-in-one), and that shows in its speed and overall fidelity. But it's pretty darned good, and will meet the average user's photo needs and almost all user's non-photo needs.
The copier works well. It takes a little while to get going, but once it starts, it's reasonably fast on low-quality mode. Multipage copies are easy with the sheet-feeder.
The scanner is fine. It's not the best or worst of scanners. I think it can be unbelievably slow sometimes, and the fact that it does not allow multi-page scanning with the built-in sheet feeder is dumb. I'm hoping that a 3rd-party vendor will release a driver allowing me to take advantage of the sheet-feeder for scanning.
One huge thing in this unit's favor is the network access. Scanning over our wireless network means that my wife and I can both use the scanner without dragging different wires into our notebooks (hers runs Windows 2000, mine runs OS X).
I'd give this unit 3/5, but the network connectivity really pushes it up to 4 stars.
- Small and portable.
- Uses external transformer (110V-220V)
- Decent print and scan quality
- Slow printing / copying speed
- Unlike network printer where you can just install the driver and start printing from the network, scanning over network requires you to install the monstrous 300mb hp software which runs some kind of window services in order for network scanning to work.
1. Network Connectivity: (Excellent)
I was very interested in the network connectivity aspect, both wired and wireless. It turns out that all you need to do is connect an ethernet cable from the printer to a wireless router and it works without any glitches. Any printer with the HP software installed will be able to see the machine thru a 802.11 wifi network and print to it. We print to this machine from anywhere in the house and even from our yard!!
2. Print quality: So the black and white and color prints have been quite good. I have not tried any super high quality color printing yet.
3. Print speed: More than acceptable to me.
4. Scanner: (excellent for everyday scanning)
Real easy to use. Works really well. You can control the scanner from your PC or from the AIO itself. If scanning from the AIO it will let you choose anyone of the PC's that is connected to the network and will also allow you to create jpeg or pdf files.
5. Fax: Excellent for everyday faxing.
Both scan and fax can done using a document feeder or by placing a single sheet on a scanner.
Again it is a no brainer to use the fax.
6. Installation: Only gripe (very small). It takes about 20-30 minutes to install the software drivers. But it might be worth it as it works flawlessly after you go thru the install.
7. Replacement of cartridges: Very easy and robust. I used to own a Canon AIO..was very hard to replace cartridges. Very delicate. During a cartridge replacement I broke a fastner and a spring and that was the end of the machine.
HP really knows how to build printers!!! They are the best!!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This thing is a pain in the neck to use. Approximately every other time I go to print something, it comes up as "Printer Offline", and I have to uninstall and reinstall... Read morePublished 3 months ago by David Nicolette
Worked as advertised, but it was very slow. I bought it for a non-profit with many volunteers, and they seemed to have trouble with it. Read morePublished 19 months ago by jambrock1