HP Officejet J6480 All-in-One Printer
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Use only Original HP Ink in your HP printer for great results, print after print
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
This item HP Officejet J6480 All-in-One Printer
HP OfficeJet 4650 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer with Mobile Printing, Instant Ink ready (F1J03A)
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer with Mobile Printing, Instant Ink ready (T0F29A)
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer with Mobile Printing, Instant Ink ready (M9L66A)
HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer with Mobile Printing, Instant Ink
HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer with Mobile Printing, Instant Ink ready (T0F28A)
|Price||From $257.49||Add to cart to see price. Why?||Add to cart to see price. Why?||$111.59||Add to cart to see price. Why?||Add to cart to see price. Why?|
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Better Choice Online||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Color||BLACK GRAY||Black||—||black||White||OJ Pro 6968|
|Printer Connectivity Type||Wireless;USB||USB; Wi-Fi||USB; Ethernet; Wi-Fi||Wi-Fi; USB; Ethernet||Wi-Fi; USB; Ethernet||USB; Ethernet; Wireless|
|Item Dimensions||22.1 x 13.6 x 20.7 in||7.5 x 14.53 x 17.53 in||18.26 x 15.35 x 9 in||19.7 x 16.5 x 12.4 in||19.7 x 20.9 x 13.4 in||18.26 x 15.35 x 9 in|
|Item Weight||23.1 lbs||15 lbs||17.9 lbs||25.4 lbs||33.02 lbs||17.7 lbs|
|B&W Pages per Minute||31 pages_per_minute||9.5 pages_per_minute||20 pages_per_minute||—||—||30 pages_per_minute|
|Media Size Maximum||—||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch|
|Operating System||—||Windows, Mac||Windows, Mac, Linux||Windows, Mac, Linux||Windows, Mac, Linux||Windows, Mac, Linux|
|Print Media Type||—||Paper (plain)||Envelopes, Paper (plain)||Envelopes, Paper (plain)||Envelopes, Paper (plain)||Envelopes, Paper (plain)|
|Printer Output||Black and White||Color||Color||Color||Color||Color|
|Additional Features||Copying, scanning, Fax||Auto-Document Feeder||0.0||Auto-Document Feeder||Auto-Document Feeder||Instant Ink ready|
USB 2.0-compliant high speed, Wireless 802.11b/g, and Wired network options for optimum connectivity. Enhanced photo quality with Vivera inks for up to 4800 by 1200 dpi resolution. Digital image processing allows you to zoom your image from 25 to 400%. 33.6 KBps fax transmission lets you quickly send and receive faxes. Duplex printing maximizes efficiency. Up to 31 ppm print speed for exceptional productivity. Global Product Type: Copier/Fax/Multifunction Machines; Print Technology: Inkjet; Maximum Print Speed (Black): 31.0 pages/min; Maximum Print Speed (Color): 25.0 pages/min.
From the Manufacturer
- Do four tasks with one device: print, copy, scan, and fax
- Print fast, at up to 31 pages per minute in black and 25 in color1, ##
- Print photos without a PC using the memory card slots
- Keep plenty of paper ready with the 250-sheet input tray
- Use half as much paper and be more efficient with the automatic two-sided printing
- Get sharp results with output resolution up to 4800 dpi2
- Print wirelessly3 using the built-in wireless 802.11g networking
- Intervene less often with the 35-page automatic document feeder
- Scan or fax to a c omputer, network folder, or memory card
- Conserve paper and ink with the junk-fax blocker
- Keep faxes stored in memory during power failures
- Minimize misprints with the automatic paper-type sensor
- Reduce your impact on the environment with this ENERGY STAR® qualified printer
Easy supplies and support
- Save money with high-capacity HP cartridges4 that yield twice as many black-and-white pages
- Get exclusive offers and discounts on supplies and get free next-day shipping with our "My Print Rewards" program
- Recycle your cartridges—it's free and easy5
- Get peace of mind with the one-year limited warranty plus Total Care advice and support
- Get your questions answered toll-free, 24 x 7, or via e-mail in as little time as an hour
1. After first page.
2. Maximum resolution may be limited by PC system factors and scan size.
3. Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point.
4. Sold separately.
5. HP cartridge return/recycling available in 42 countries and territories.
What's in the box?
|•||HP 74 black cartridge (210 page yield)|
|•||HP 75 tri-color cartridge (155 page yield)|
|•||CD with software|
|•||Fax and wireless getting started guide|
Top customer reviews
1) I never attached the printer -- just kept it wireless during setup.
2) Input my network's SSID name and password via the printer panel.
3) Never used the CD -- just went to the HP website and downloaded the basic software.
4) Used the software to configure the printer. After that, printing worked fine. But I discovered that I couldn't get the fax to work correctly (transmission error).
5) Did some homework and decided to reduce the fax transmission rate from 33k rate to 14.4k. Now the fax works! But, I couldn't figure out how to scan via wireless.
6) Did some homework, and figured out the scanning: Went into my printer control panel; discovered the assigned IP address for the printer via "properties"; input that IP address into a browser; that brings up a panel that allows you to do "webscan" among other things. That solved it.
Well, I don't know if that will work for anyone else, but it worked for me and now I'm very satisfied with the printer. Good luck!
My philosophy is to never use the CD in the box - always download the latest software from the website. The software takes up over 400 meg and there are no checkboxes to disable some of the features. It was a clean install and I did not have to reboot the mac. I also didn't mess with the wireless and just turned the radio off. I hard-wired the printer to the wireless router. The first gotcha is it won't let you set the IP address unless it's plugged into a live network. DHCP worked, but I overwrote it because I like to know where my peripherals are.
Some of the software I couldn't figure out, like fax printing from the PC. Faxing into the PC requires Windows, which is not my primary OS. Some great features include a scan over Ethernet is simply amazing and doesn't require any software. The document feeder appears sturdy and double sided printing works. Scans are crisp, but the software is too "helpful" so as to be confusing. It's easier to simply load the pro scan software and select a target rather than going through the device manager and device chooser. Installation using TCP requires the printer to be on before you run it, not after - although, this may be contrary to USB. Try it first with the printer off and see if it works.
No less than 28 times (I counted), the manual says to use the included telephone cord which came in the box... which is too short for my setup. The secret to making it work may be to nudge the fax speed down from 33k to 14k, which worked like a champ. The printout was a bit fuzzy. The secret may be to nudge the quality up from Normal to Best. I am also using HP Bright White paper, for which there is a special paper setting for. I saved these as my defaults. The moral is, quality is better than speed.
For printing under Windows, I used the default generic postscript driver and it works fine. You may need to install Bonjour for Windows first if you're on a Mac running Parallels. I just didn't want to install another few hundred megabytes of drivers which I didn't need. I just want it to print.
Only one complaint so far. Text on printed envelopes is a bit crooked and was upside down compared to diagram on the print tray. The paper path is not flat e.g. it comes out the same side it goes in. Any printer of this design will have problems with envelopes and thick stock. Considering the design, the price, and comparable models, I found this to be the best solution available.
This printer will do everything! It is a printer, scanner, copier, and fax. It is also functions flawlessly on a wireless network. You can use your laptop in one room and have the printer set up in a closet if you'd like. Scan photographs and documents, make personal copies, and have documents faxed to you all with this one machine. It will print on both sides automatically without having to print odd-numbered pages first and stand at the printer to wait to turn them over to print the even sides.
The printer also shows the status of your cartridges on both the printer itself as well as on the computer. (If, however, you use a print cartridge in one printer and then transfer it to another, it will not give you a status but a question mark. The cartridge will still work, but you will not know how much ink you have left. I learned this when I used a printer cartridge at work and then brought it home.) As others have suggested, it is a better investment to purchase the XL cartridges, both 74XL and 75XL. They are more expensive and last much longer than the standard sizes. If you use standard cartridges, I very strongly recommend keeping a spare black cartridge on hand because I promise you that it will run dry at the most critical moment when you desperately need one. My ONLY complaint about this printer is that the printer does tend to "drink the ink."
I have owned several HP printers, and I was satisfied with all of them. This one, however, is the best one I have ever used, and it was worth the investment I made in it.
If you purchase this printer, you will be amazed at all the features it has for the price. You will not be sorry that you purchased this printer!