|Screen Size||15.6 inches|
|Max Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080 pixels|
|Hard Drive||1000 GB Mechanical Hard Drive|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||10 hours|
HP Pavilion Power 15-inch Laptop, Intel Core i7-7700HQ, 12GB RAM, 1TB hard drive, Windows 10 (15-cb071nr, Black)
|Price:||$899.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$50.00 (5%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Processor: 7th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ Processor, Quad-Core, 2.8GHz up to 3.8GHz; Powerful performance keeps up with your multitasking demands and enables new ways to interact with your PC.
- Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 550 with 2 GB GDDR5 dedicated graphics and 8134 MB total graphics memory; Experience the power of discrete graphics, featuring Polaris architecture and DirectX 12 performance.
- Display: 15.6-inch diagonal Full HD (1920x1080) IPS anti-glare WLED-backlit; Enjoy vibrant, crystal-clear images with 178-degree wide-viewing angles.
- Memory: 12GB DDR4 SDRAM; Designed to run more efficiently and more reliably at faster speeds.
- Hard drive: 1TB 7200RPM Serial ATA; Store videos, songs and photos on your PC for easy access.
- More productive. Windows 10 is the best for bringing ideas forward and getting things done.
- Battery life: Up to 10 hours and 30 minutes (mixed usage), up to 9 hours (video playback); Keep going without worrying about recharging.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the manufacturer
Windows 10 and Intel
Complete security. No compromises.
Windows delivers comprehensive security with more built-in security features, safe authentication and ongoing updates to help protect against current and future threats. All delivered at no extra cost.
Start fast. Finish first.
Windows is the best for bringing ideas forward and getting things done. Double-down on your productivity with great ways to get organized, capture ideas, and make things happen.
Windows lets you be you.
Cortana is your truly personal digital assistant who becomes more useful every day in helping you get things done.
The fun is built in.
Play the most demanding games with stunning speed on Windows 10 with DirectX 12 running on Intel Core processors.
|Learn more||Currently viewing|
|Feel-good style: Crafted for comfort and style from the elevated keyboard to the bold design||✓|
|Creation and gaming: Take on any activity from making digital art to conquering new worlds||✓|
|Power through your day: Long battery life and a 90 percent charge in 90 minutes||✓|
|Sleek design: Easily take a thin and light laptop from room to room or on the road||✓|
|Full high-definition display: 2 million pixels for crystal-clear visuals and vibrant image quality||15.6-inch diagonal||15.6-inch diagonal|
|Touchscreen: Pinch, zoom, and swipe to intuitively control your PC right from the screen||✓||Select models only|
|A truly powerful audio experience: Dual HP Speakers, HP Audio Boost, and tuning by B&O PLAY||✓||✓|
|Serious storage: Save content directly on your laptop and bring it with you||✓|
|AMD or NVIDIA discrete graphics: The power you need for a fast, smooth gaming experience||✓|
|Backlit keyboard: Keep going comfortably even in darker environments||✓|
|Learn more||Learn more||Learn more||Learn more||Learn more||Learn more|
|Why buy||Sleek design complements your favorite device, and fits comfortably anywhere||Easily connect your HP laptop to more accessories with three USB ports||Connect your HP laptop to an external display or other accessories with HDMI, USB-C, and USB ports||Easily carry a device up to 15.6 inches (39.6 centimeters) diagonal with a handle that retracts when not in use||Room-filling sound with a 2.1 speaker solution with down-firing subwoofer||With an 1800R curvature, this monitor adds new perspective to your favorite photos and videos|
|2.4GHz wireless connection reliably keeps you hooked up||Compact and lightweight, it seamlessly travels with you without adding bulk||Compact and lightweight, it seamlessly travels with you without adding bulk||Spacious front pocket stores your mouse, notepad, or other critical accessories||Finely-tuned 2.1 speaker system delivers crisp, clear, and natural sound||Superb color contrast and greater than 99 percent sRGB deliver vivid, vibrant colors in full high definition|
|Up to 16 months of life on a single AA battery||With a generous 12-inch (30.5-millimeter) cable, you can position the hub wherever you need||With a generous 12-inch (30.5-millimeter) cable, you can position the hub wherever you need||Lightweight, water-resistant material helps keep your laptop safe from spills and splashes||Light and compact design allows for flexible speaker placement in virtually any space||Easily connect your digital devices with HDMI input, DisplayPort, and Audio out|
|Just plug in the hub and you're done, no drivers needed||Just plug in the hub and you're done, no drivers needed||A unique, patterned design gives this sleeve a pop of personality||Effortless power and volume controls with a connection status indicator light|
|Tested with USB-C-capable HP laptops to ensure a smooth, reliable experience||Tested with USB-C-capable HP laptops to ensure a smooth, reliable experience||A soft lining keeps your laptop safe from scratches while on the go||Convenient 3.5millimeter auxiliary input lets you connect and share audio from your smartphone, tablet, or PC|
Compare to similar items
This item HP Pavilion Power 15-inch Laptop, Intel Core i7-7700HQ, 12GB RAM, 1TB hard drive, Windows 10 (15-cb071nr, Black)
Acer Aspire E 15 E5-575-33BM 15.6-Inch Full HD Notebook (Intel Core i3-7100U Processor 7th Generation , 4GB DDR4, 1TB 5400RPM Hard Drive, Intel HD Graphics 620, Windows 10 Home), Obsidian Black
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||White Eagle(No Sales Tax)||Tiffany Tech （no sales tax)|
|RAM Size||12 GB||4 GB||8 GB||8 GB||8 GB||16 GB|
|Processor (CPU) Manufacturer||Intel||Intel||Intel||Intel||Intel||Intel|
|Processor Speed||2.8 GHz||2.4 GHz||2.5 GHz||2.5 GHz||1.6 GHz||2.7 GHz|
|Display Resolution Maximum||1920 x 1080 pixels||1920 x 1080 pixels||1920 x 1080 pixels||1920x1080 pixels||1366x768||1366x768|
|Screen Size||15.6 in||15.6 in||15.6 in||15.6 in||15.6 in||15.6 in|
|Hard-Drive Size||1,000 GB||1,000 GB||1,000 GB||1,000 GB||500 GB||1 TB|
|Item Dimensions||14.88 x 9.93 x 0.95 in||15.02 x 10.2 x 1.19 in||15 x 10.1 x 0.9 in||14.88 x 9.93 x 0.89 in||10 x 15 x 0.89 in||10.02 x 15.12 x 0.95 in|
|Item Weight||4 lbs||5.27 lbs||5.2 lbs||4 lbs||4.7 lbs||4.83 lbs|
|Operating System||Windows 10 Home||Windows 10||Windows 10||Windows 10 Home||Windows 10||Windows 10 Home 64-bit English|
|RAM Type||—||DDR4 SDRAM||DDR4 SDRAM||—||DDR3 SDRAM||DDR SDRAM|
|Wireless Compatibility||—||802.11 A/C||802.11 A/C||—||802.11A, 802.11bgn||802.11bgn|
Driven by the latest technology and a massive amount of storage, the Pavilion Power laptop is your go-to Launchpad for creating by day and kicking into high gear by night.
Top customer reviews
- Plays well with Linux Mint 18.2. (Everything has worked right away... getting AMD RX 550 acceleration was a chore in searching and searching since I am coming from a desktop with only one dedicated card, the Intel / AMD hybrid graphics threw me for a bit. Look up xrandr --setprovideroffloadsink.)
- Really pretty good sound. Install Pulse Audio Equalizer and set to 'Full Bass & Treble'
- Backlit keyboard in white and not some horrible rainbow or blazing red.
- Numpad has the keys in the correct positions. (Last laptop I tried and returned didn't... very frustrating.)
- M.2 slot inside... more on getting inside later.
- Clean and subdued design. I don't know why a decent laptop or even a "gaming" laptop has to have such crazy designs?
- Keyboard backlight is only ON/OFF... Having several levels of brightness would have been nice.
- Screen color is a bit shifted towards green in my opinion. (Tweaking xrandr fixed that nicely until I can get hardware to do a real calibration.)
- Fans seem to have 3 speeds, OFF/LOW/HIGH. There is basically no gentle throttling. While not loud, I would rather have a slow fanspeed all the time and take longer to heat up/speed up than to be totally quite and then running full blast over and over.
- Accessing the internals is a challenge to do without damaging the aluminum top panel. USE A GOOD PLASTIC CASE TOOL! The first thing I did was remove the hard drive and install my own M.2 SSD and a SATA SSD. Huge speed improvements but a total pain and worry about messing up the case. Also note, the M.2 slot only accepts the full length M.2 drives unless you do a bit of McGyver'ing like I did. (Hey it came from a busted Win10 tablet, so what do I care?) Also, screws are hiding under the two back feet.
- The design of the screen hinge means that opening past 90 deg means it lifts up on two little nub feet on the edge of the bottom of the display housing... it is... I guess odd is the best way to describe it. This has the effect of lifting the back of the laptop up a few more millimeters as you open it further.
- Nothing fancy about the packaging. I have had other laptops come through as I searched that had great packaging and were pretty much terrible. This is the plain-brown-wrapper of boxes labeled HP with a sticker on the side denoting some of the specifics. It is what is inside that counts but I tend to like good packaging.
- Keyboard is nothing special along with the touchpad but on the bright side I haven't had any trouble adjusting to it. Squarely in the 'meh' realm of good enough.
I moved from my Apple 2011 MBP to my out-of date but maxed out custom built desktop with Linux Mint full time last year and have been trying to find a good laptop that would play well with Linux Mint or Manjaro for some time. (Yes, I tried the one major online linux system supplier and I was left quite unimpressed.) This is the seventh, YES SEVENTH, laptop I have gotten in the last 12 months and with it I have finally found one worth keeping. I tried everything from a $2,200 Gigabyte (who's mainboards I have liked for many years), to a re-branded Clevo at $699. I even tried living with Windows 10 on the Gigabyte and just could not do it. This is my first HP product and I have to say I am liking it very well.
I have not had a chance to test the battery life on the system properly, but I know the other day I was working for well over an hour and a half acting like it was plugged in before realizing I wasn't. Battery was still at 43% after that time at full brightness, doing a backup with an external drive plugged in, and browsing. I am happy enough. I know the RX 550 isn't going to win any contests for speed against nVidia, but at least with AMD I am getting decent support and no endless and unresolvable screen tearing issues all over the desktop, videos, and 3D apps and games.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.