|Screen Size||15.6 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1280 x 800|
|Processor||2.13 GHz Intel Core i3|
|RAM||4 GB ddr3|
|Hard Drive||320 GB|
|Wireless Type||802.11 B/G, 802.11bgn, 802.11B|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||4.25 hours|
HP Pavilion DV4-2167SB 14.1-Inch Laptop (Black)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 2.13GHz Intel Core i3-330M Processor (3 MB L3 Cache)
- 4GB DDR3 System Memory (2 DIMM) (expandable to 8 GB)
- 320GB (7200RPM) Hard Drive (SATA), LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support
- 14.1" Diagonal WXGA HD HP BrightView Widescreen Display, Intel HD Graphics with up to 1696MB Total Available Graphics Memory
- Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, Up to 4.25 Hours of Battery Life
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
You take on risk every day: Why take a chance on your notebook? The HP Pavilion dv4 Small Business Edition provides the functionality, services and programs you need to manage, protect and grow your business. The sophisticated design and polished looks of its award-winning Imprint finish helps make a great impression.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Really fast processor;
- Good looking black computer;
- Windows 7 professional pre-installed (works great);
- Nice touch with the detachable CD/DVD drive bay;
- The screen is glossy indeed, but the images are crystal clear;
- Keyboard and touchpad are responsive and easy to the fingers;
- Improved volume control touchpad (more responsive than my previous model);
- Nice surprise the HP Quickweb program, a real time saver;
- Fingerprint reader (never had it before, now it's a new standard in my "buy-a-laptop" book).
- Battery life doesn't go as far as advertised, although it's longer than what my previous model ever gave me. Advertised as 4.5 hours max, I'd say it's more like probably 3 hours of decent use.
- Speakers are average-below average (I don't really care since its main use is business, not gaming or music)
The 1 star minus if mainly a fault of the wrongly advertised battery life.
That would have probably not been enough for me to send back - I would have tried sorting it out with HP support - except for that when I downloaded the latest MS patches, the computer wouldn't let me boot into windows again, and needed a complete re-image job. Again, could have been just unlucky and MS patches can be a bit problematic but with both combined, I felt there may be something really wrong with the pc and sent it back.
The only other complaint I have, which was something I hadn't picked up at the time of evaluating it on the web, was that I couldn't control the volume by pressing a button on the laptop. It had to be done either by the windows software or by using the remote - which would have been good if I could have been able to tell when the remote was on, but I couldn't which was frustrating.
Otherwise, if the first two problems had been non-existent then I would lived with the third one, as it is a nice laptop and it met the spec that I wanted.
So hopefully I was just unlucky, but my review here anyway just to make potential buyers aware.
Finally I would just like to say how FANTASTIC Amazon return policy is - I got the full refund and the return shipping, which made up for a lot of frustration - thank you Amazon you've made me even more a satisfied customer than I was already!
The 2167 was a problem from day one, it frequently crashed with blue screens and had issues with the wireless adapter taking too long to associate to networks. The only solution HP support had to offer was to re-install everything and to send in the laptop. They neither made an appropriate effort to diagnosis problems directly nor did the support staff seem to understand issues prior to suggesting (unrelated) changes. A very poor support performance.
I was fortunate enough to not follow their "recipes" and finally found that a defect memory module and faulty driver installation were the cause of the problems. I would recommend when buying this product and finding odd behavior from the start consider returning it to the retailer. Don't hope for great help from HP support!
A small crack started near the hinge and the screen literally split apart making it impossible to close and then it just stopped working all together.
This laptop was very carefully taken care of and never abused or dropped.
We brought it in to Best Buy and they said it should have lasted a lot longer than that and they could clearly tell it was never dropped or abused.
Went round and round with HP to no avail. They do not stand by their products. Best Buy gave us a $100 off a new laptop because they felt bad about
the situation and of course we did not purchase another HP and never will !!!
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.