Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 9 reviews
on April 17, 2007
I bought this computer primarily in order to replace my DVD player. It's small enough to fit in the media cabinet, and having a computer right there, via wireless keyboard and mouse, is absolutely wonderful. It's already set up for surround sound, and hooking up a 42" LCD was very straight forward.

For me the biggest fault is the lack of a Printer port. But if I understand correctly, one can simply get one of the readily available USB to LPT converter cables on the market today.

The graphics are astounding, and although I thought that using the Vista operating system would be quite cumbersome at first, everything on the screen is actually quite practical and natural once you get the hang of it. And this comes from someone who just upgraded from Windows 98.

Vistas is set up as a default to be connected to the Internet. So if you don't plan on using it with the Internet, like me, there are many annoying screens that will keep on popping up until you figure out how to deactivate them.

Besides that, except for maybe a somewhat extended hesitation here or there by the system, it's been smooth sailing. Keep in mind though, that I don't come anywhere near to using the full potential of this computer.
on March 9, 2007
Have been pretty happy with this PC for general purpose use. I have discovered two undocumented issues, which may cause some concern:

1) I expected the on-board video to support my widescreen monitor with a resolution of 1440x900, since it has plenty of video ram. I was unable to choose a mode beyond 1280, and when I queried HP support, they said the higher mode was disabled due to an overheating issue. I found that switching the BIOS to "on board" rather than PCI video made the desired 1440x900 mode available. When I queried HP support about this, they again said that it was unwise to use this mode for any length of time.

2) Surprisingly, the Home versions of Vista don't include any fax support, and HP doesn't include a fax program, so you won't be able to use the provided fax modem to fax unless you purchase some additional software or upgrade Vista. Some web searches led to a program called Snappy Fax which claims to be Vista compatible -- apparently most of the XP fax programs won't work with Vista.
on May 15, 2007
I just flat out needed to upgrade my PC because of the system requirements needed to run some of the newer software for digital photos and scrapbooking and games. I am so pleased with the performance and the small footprint of this PC, I would recommend it as a good buy for your $.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.