Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 21 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 35 reviews
on November 8, 2011
I love this computer. Absolutely head-over-heels love it. It's compact and light enough for me to carry to and from class without breaking my back (can't say this of my old, 7-lb Dell!). They keyboard feels WONDERFUL. Construction feels solid. Beautiful design. Really amazing specs- same hardware as a MacBook Pro!- for half the price. The trackpad is a tad finicky, but I've adjusted the settings so it works for me. It'll take a tiny bit of getting used to, but there's an adjustment period with any new computer. I'm super happy with my purchase, and with the SquareTrade warranty I bought with the computer, I see us having a long, happy life together!

EDIT: I just realized that the keyboard on this computer has a strange hill in the center, like it's being squeezed or something. It doesn't interfere with typing at all, but a brand new computer shouldn't have this kind of defect. What's more, when researching this computer, this was one of the things someone cited as a flaw in a review on another website, so I guess it happens fairly frequently. I didn't mention in the first draft of my review that this is my second of this model of computer; I bought the first one at Staple's a couple of weeks ago and had to return it because it had a faulty "W" key and a really jumpy track pad. I've noticed that this track pad is kind of inconsistent, and maybe more finicky than I previously thought. These design flaws have me considering returning the machine, but you just can't find this kind of hardware and gorgeous design for the same price point. Maybe I'll just get another one... third time's a charm, right?
on January 22, 2013
This is a great pc..it was easy to set up and I was up and running in no time...The Core i5 Intel processor gives plenty of speed and everything loads quickly. It streams movies and videos well with no lag, and loads pics easily. I bought this HP model based on the reviews here on Amazon and Consumer Reports...I have not been disappointed..I love the SimplePass fingerprint reader and the CoolSense temperature control..I hooked up a wireless printer and mouse quickly and easily. The 14" screen is plenty big enough and this notebook is easily portable with a long lasting battery..I prefer Windows 7 OS, but you can upgrade to Windows 8..While I would recommend this notebook to anyone, I think Baby Boomers, like me, would especially like this model. HP has a done a great job with this model making it very user-friendly..
on December 16, 2011
I spent a long time researching computers and this one fit the bill in terms of functionality and price point. I really like almost everything about this machine - its cool, quiet (even with the fan running), and fast. I did uninstall a little bloatware when it first arrived, but that was easy and quick. The only issue i'm having is with the keyboard. It is very stiff and significantly slows down my typing speed because I have to hit all of the letters very hard to make sure they all come up on the screen. The shift key in particular is hard to use to the point of severe frustration. Nobody else seems to have this issue, so it may just be my machine.
on May 26, 2012
I bought this laptop because my husband had the latest version and I wanted one for my office that wasn't so expensive.

I chose this laptop because it said Intel Core i5 Processor 3GHz and when I checked on My Computer properties it turns out that I have a laptop with a 2.4Ghz processor. And one of the worst parts was that when I tried to open the CD/DVD room, it doesn't work! I can only opened from Windows clicking on the Eject options. So I can't use outside of Windows.

Seriously I'm not happy with Amazon and obviously with the seller.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 18, 2012
When i received mp hp laptop two weeks ago,i was very happy with the size not too small, not too big but it do have some weight to it. My only problem is microsoft word starter 10 would be unresponsive at times and i will have to restart the computer,a pop up will tell me that it's downloading other files from online for it to run properly,otherwise other features are awesome so far.
on May 2, 2012
I think it is the best laptop available at this cost. If you are looking for basic requirements like good storage, 14" screen, good sound,all other basic setup and most improtantly the look, i think this is the best laptop you can get in such a good price. The metallic body of this laptop makes it looks extraordinarily amazing..!!
I personally love it and would say go ahead and get it. Do not think twice..! :)
on May 1, 2012
My recent purchase of the HP Pavilion dm-2-180us through Amazon was a good one - and except for getting used to Windows 7 and the new versions of Microsoft Office I have no complaints. The machine arrived when promised and in good shape - is very intuitive with automated loadings of my drives, printers, etc. For my limited personal and business use, I think it has outstanding value. My former purchases were all Dells and I might have now become an H-P fan!
on November 12, 2011
I was looking for a computer to replace my 4 year old Dell laptop, and came across this HP in consumer reports. It was recommended by them, so I figured it must be a good one. And it certainly is!!! I have always had Dell laptops, but I thought it would be a good time to try HP and I'm really glad I did. It has wonderful features, and Windows 7 is amazing. I don't do any sort of gaming or anything like that, so I can't speak to the graphics or processor capabilities. I do however, normally have many internet and excel windows open at once, and it has yet to skip a beat. It never hesitates. This is an excellent computer, and I highly recommend it.
on March 24, 2015
I did order dm4-2180us and after having memory problems with my new laptop I did notice that received dm4-2191us, it has 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, instead of 6.
on November 28, 2011
This computer is the best laptop for the price I have ever owned. This replaces a bulky 15 inch Toshiba that was about 4 years old. The Toshiba was slow and often froze up. This HP computer is thin, light weight, but very efficient. It is a pleasure to turn on and use.