Industrial Deals HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now SWMTVT18_gno

on August 19, 2016
Great refurbished laptop, big desktop replacement, no longer made by HP. My first one was stolen. These are fast, reliable, and have great screen graphics potential. The laptop I received was refurbished by, I think, Laptops Galore, and despite a few cosmetic scrapes, it works like new. However, these big babies, generate a lot of heat, so make sure you get an adequate cooling pad. My choice: "Havit HV-F2062". Only pad that has enough strength and power to work.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 23, 2014
I have had this computer for almost 2 years now. This computer was one of the best computers I have ever had. Still would have been, if only I hadn't gotten 3 viruses. However after the 3 viruses (trojan horse started to p*ss me off.) I can't complain because as crippled as it may be it still runs games like a boss. No lag untill you start using certain mods (fallout new vegas) with tons of explosions. I run ac3 at full settings with minimum to no lag. So overall this computer is worth every penny to me. (I got it when it was worth $1500 dollars from HP themselves.) P.S. It runs very hot, as to be expected from a gaming pc of any kind. but I would recommend a cooling pad to set it on.
on April 26, 2012
There is a lot of marketing hype around laptop and tablet features these days -- but, here's the real deal! When I tested the HP Pavilion dv7t Quad Edition at a local big box store I was hooked from day one. Then I received it as a gift at the Amazon price and was still amazed at how much of a powerful and fast laptop this is for my business and entertainment needs. My goal was to have an affordable Windows laptop PC that was as useful, powerful and durable as a desktop. The HP dv7t knocked it totally out of the park on ALL the specs I checked and compared with other Windows and Apple laptop computers -- and I still kept coming back to this model for its features. The Beats Audio system is even more of a knockout whether played through this laptop's front, back AND sub-woofer bottom-side speakers. This really mattered to me since I listen to a lot of CD and Internet radio Jazz, Hip-Hop and Classical music to clear my head during or after work. The video and sound is even more impressive when I hooked-it-up to the big screen TV from the the dv7t's HDMI connection. The large 17-inch adjustable screen is absolutely no strain on my eyes during long work periods, or viewing DVD and online movies on it. This tough 6-pounder that I sometimes carry from home is no more of a problem than carrying one textbook. Besides, I worry about how fragile many of the "thin is in" portable PCs being sold lately. I'm more secure with HP's light-weight metal and plastic construction of the dv7t for the long run. Because I am totally happy and very impressed with this laptop, I could say more about its other virtues. But, if you DO YOUR OWN checking and comparing of the line-by-line specs, you'll most likely do the right thing -- at a good price. Moreover, I don't like having to spend (or overspend) money every 2 or 3 years for a new PC. This well-built HP dv7t is a genuine keeper for at least the next 5-plus years of my work and fun. As the classic Hip-Hop song says, "Don't believe the hype!" other PC makers are slinging about why you should spend your dollars on their PCs or tablets. With its WiFi, high-resolution screen, very fast 8GB RAM (be sure to get the Intel i7 chip), studio-quality sound, sharp screen camera, fingerprint security, internal help features, plus multiple USB-HDMI-SD-VGA and audio inputs -- I now have my high-speed Internet, big hard drive, work tool, cable TV, bass-boosting stereo music, online telephone, and HD movie system in one box. HEAVEN!!! This HP workhorse affordably delivers the real deal 24/7 for work and play.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question