Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 45 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 67 reviews
on August 2, 2014
I bought this HP model through Amazon last year. I would say there are strong pluses and minuses, with the pluses outweighing.

First the minuses. The computer (as remarked) is often maddeningly slow. I suppose I have gotten used to this, so it is no longer the issue it was at the outset. The other minus is Windows 8. I have found the platform useless. I mean the colored "tiles" accessing various desktops which - I suppose - were an attempt to make it look like an I-pad. I still have no idea what the advantage of this is, and have rarely used it (I stick with the traditional Windows desktop, which is possible with Windows 8). The larger minus revolves around sensitivity. The system is so sensitive that often while working I will lose my desktop and be sent back to the colored tiles menu. This usually happens when working very fast. Otherwise, it's not a problem. The final minus are the keys, which are significantly smaller than standard desktop keypad keys, but which I have subsequently gotten used to using.

The positives are that the computer is a perfect size for my work (11") and it is very compact and light. So it is perfect for daily work, especially on the go. The other major positive (for me) is the battery. My battery works great and on "power saver" gives me about 4-5 hours or working time. This is my first computer that has given me so much time (the last one, an Acer, afforded barely an hour). Another positive is the touchscreen. At the outset, I really did not think I would use this function, but now I can't see living without it. I recently was working with an older notebook and was surprised how much I missed the touchscreen. I kept touching the screen, forgetting that it did not have this function! The final positive is the durability. I am rather rough with laptops, taking them with me everywhere, banging them around and occasionally dropping them. After nearly a year of this, this model is still going strong.

In sum, I would buy this computer again, but definitely compare it with other models of similar size.

So that is my review. Hope this helps you make a decision.
on May 13, 2016
Awesome little laptop, perfect writing essays and watching youtube. The battery life is short, 2.5 hrs maybe (with regular usage), and the touch screen short circuited and goes haywire shortly after the warranty expired, but it can just be disabled. The A4 processor absolutely, without a doubt sucks!! It's so slow, you cannot run decent programs on it, it takes forever to load.
I've had this laptop for two years and does pretty much everything that I need it to, I love it, but it gets frustrating having to wait for my programs to load.
on October 13, 2015
I bought my PC one year ago and really appreciate the convenience of the small / portable size. Approximately 5 months after my purchase, the touch pad began to malfunction and the PC screen would appear to be jumping. In frustration, I was forced to turn off the touch features. Just two weeks ago I noticed a new development. There appears to be an ink leak (it seems) on the inner screen and it is spreading each day. I dread the fate of my PC being retired too soon after purchase. The PC has never fallen.

The return policy does not extend beyond 30 days hence the reasons I didn't launch an earlier complaint. Is there the any possibility of redress for me at this late stage. I genuinely cannot afford a new PC at this time and need one for work and study.

HP Pavilion Touchsmart 11-E010nr 11.6-Inch Touchscreen Laptop
on February 7, 2014
I use this laptop everyday because I needed it for work and to go to the university. The price point is low enough to compete with other tech out there and if you need a tool for work this is the way to go. I don't think anybody who buys this laptop is expecting great performance because it is not gonna deliver. The battery life is good (+/- 5 hours), the touch screen is great but not my style, windows 8.1 is a must download update, it's thin enough, light enough and the size is also good enough.
I know it doesn't sound like much for a 5 star review, but you should consider that I'm pretty aware of what I bought and still think the product I got for the price I paid is completely worth it!
on July 7, 2014
outstanding value; more that I anticipated as a past user of a HP desk top model; I never thought that I would need a lap top; but, now I am wondering how I did without it; In Albany, New York we have a "roaming" internet service that you can subscribe to; it is limited but far superior to Wi Fi; this service along with the quality of the lap top makes it a very valuable as well as necessary item.
on July 19, 2015
Great deal
on May 5, 2014
Product is good for browsing but not much else, internet downloads,hardware/software installations and pretty much every other task takes ages to process
on August 3, 2014
Keyboard is fine (keys are smaller than regular keys)
Speed is fine (not the best)
Keyboard is a little noisy
The touch screen is really good, not problems so far
Is really cool sense, I work with the computer on my lap (over my legs) and I dont feel the hot sense
on February 24, 2014
I bought this to use it in my psychology internship and it does work but this is slow as hell, I get desperate trying to open a program and it is the same with the internet. If you don't have patience (just like me) don't get into this. At least I can say that at the end it gets the job done (but way at the end).
on January 10, 2014
Feels like the computer is from the 80s - super slow even for basic browsing. I had to return because I could even surf the internet on it - it is THAT slow!