- Paperback: 480 pages
- Publisher: Prentice Hall; 1 edition (October 4, 2001)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0130330620
- ISBN-13: 978-0130330628
- Product Dimensions: 6.9 x 1.1 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 2 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #5,234,995 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
HP-UX 11i Security 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
From the Back Cover
The total HP-UX 11i security reference and implementation guide
- Thorough coverage of HP-UX 11i's powerful new host security features
- Monitoring system access, activity, and change
- 10 ways to gain root access-what every system administrator needs to know
- Implementing Kerberos, PAM, IPSec, SCM, SCR, and IDS/9000
No other book offers this much HP-UX-specific security coverage! In this authoritative, comprehensive administrator's guide, leading HP-UX consultant Chris Wong covers every key aspect of HP-UX host security. Wong introduces "hot-off-the-press" HP-UX 11i capabilities and techniques for keeping mission-critical systems safe-even when firewalls fail and backdoors are discovered. Coverage includes:
- Understanding and addressing your key vulnerabilities
- 10 ways to gain root access-and what to do about them
- Managing users, groups, files, and directories from a security perspective
- Controlling access to the system and securing key services
- Safely distributing root privileges
- Using HP-UX software to enhance system security: SCM, SCR, Restricted SAM, IDS/9000, and the Security Patch Check Tool
- Security techniques for the multi-host environment: Berkeley programs, SSH, NIS, NIS+, LDAP, Kerberos, PAM, and IPSec/9000
- Tools and techniques for monitoring system activity and change
- Using public-domain programs: SARA, Tripwire, sudo, and logrotate
HP-UX 11i Security is the essential security resource for every HP-UX system administrator, from novice to advanced leveland for every consultant, manager, security specialist, and e-business professional responsible for protecting HP-UX applications and data.
About the Author
CHRIS WONG has worked on HP systems since the mid-1980s. She is a HP Certified Technical Professional/Consultant on HP-UX 11, the HP e3000, High Availability, System Consolidation, and the XP. She is also a HP OpenView Certified Consultant and Integration Expert. Currently, she is a technical consultant for Cerius Technology Group, an HP Channel Partner.