Hill Climb Racing 2 Vehicles Review HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

HP W2072a 20-Inch Screen LED-lit Monitor
Size: 20-inch|Style: HP 20-Inch Screen LED-lit Monitor|Change
Price:$73.26 - $469.80

on December 8, 2016
The most important parts are fine: the case is rigid enough, the swivel tilts enough, all the pixels light up. no flicker that I can notice. I tried the built-in speakers for giggles; they are pretty dire as expected, but they should be serviceable enough if you just need to hear the system beeps and so on.

The backlight seems like it may not have been the best match for this panel, this display really likes to wash out the blacks. It took a fair bit of mucking with OS settings to tame it into something I can live with, but it was possible to get there. I was left with the impression that the color temp and so in in the monitor's own settings didn't have much basis in reality.

The unit is lightweight, handy if you want to raise it on a small stand. This monitor does have an option to turn off the power light, super helpful because it's the eye-searing blue LED variety, and now I don't need to resort to a Sharpie or tape. Nit: the button labels on the front are a little too subtle, figuring out what the buttons do will be a new adventure every time (most monitors seem to share this quirk).
on October 29, 2016
I was building another computer site within our house and I did not want to spend tons of money. Currently using three other HP monitors, I knew the quality was great. I did not mind this older model, since it was actually newer than all the other three HP monitors we have in our house. They all were working fine, so why wouldn't this one work. It does. Perfectly. If you don't care to have the newest, and you are on a budget, please consider buying older, quality products. You can save TONS of money......like I did.
on September 23, 2017
For the price, this is an EXCELLENT buy. The picture is good, it's easy to connect with a computer, and the screen size is a good balance between small to fit in tight spaces but big enough to really enjoy.

But really, the lack of HDMI port makes its use limited nowadays and a little aggravating to work with. If you need an HDMI port, you should probably look for another monitor.
on November 27, 2017
Nice colors and brightness level. My only complaint is that I received it with one pixel out. It is mostly not noticeable, but I would have exchanged it if I hadn't needed the monitor right away for work.
on May 21, 2017
Good colors and quality image. I bought it to replace another model a certain shipping company apparently dropped kicked during transit. I wish the HDMI and power plugs were a bit higher up or easier to get to, but nothing worthing commenting about (even though I just did).
on May 23, 2017
I purchased this monitor to replace one that I had for quite a few years. It was easy to set up and offers brilliant colors when viewing photos. It as just a matter of changing or swapping plugs from one to another.
on May 7, 2017
This is a good monitor. Not a great monitor, but good. I think for the price the monitor has good resolution. I would say this is a grade "C". Especially for the price.
on March 2, 2017
Works great , just what we needed
on April 4, 2014
With all the Green issues, I thought I'd try these. I have about 15 or more of the LCD 2207 and 2408's and the application is less taxing. They are fine. Surprised about the angle of view issues. Seems to be much less than the LCD HP which this substituted for. Especially in the vertical. (I use it for 2nd displays for my bedroom PC and satellite TV (with a handy HDMI to SVGA adapter). Disappointed with cheap base, but as I'm using a wall mount, that didn't bother me. Still miss the W22 and W24 series though. Glad I bought 20 of them when they were discontinued.
on April 22, 2016
Husband loves his new monitor. Trying to figure a way to wall mount it son it doesn't die the grisly cat-astrophy the prior one succumbed to.
I'm tempted to get one for myself. But space constraints must be considered.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse