Oil month Automotive Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on March 12, 2008
I was looking at a similar spec NEC monitor (the ASLCD24WMCX-BK or similar) and then saw this one in person in a store.

This monitor does not have quite the same specs as the NEC, especially where viewing angle comes into play (160degree vs 178degree) which comes into play with a monitor this large.

But the base on this one has the NEC beat hands down. I will take the less than ideal viewing angle any day for a monitor that is this adjustable. The base is excellent.

If you find you don't move your monitor or can handle a base with limited range of motion, maybe you should look elsewhere and get a monitor with better specs on viewing angle, etc, but otherwise this is a great choice.

As with all monitors, the speakers are no good, but why would you think they would be?
on February 19, 2009
Got a 22" monitor to replace my Acer LCD which had 2 black lines on the top after just 6-7 month of use in the office. Utterly impress with this monitor. Everyone else in the office uses LCDs, I still use an old Dell 22" Flat CRT, it's the only monitor that doesn't get my eye's watery after a day of work.

This HP is an exception. Ultra sharp, and easy on the eyes, only odd thing is this monitor does not have a DVI Input. Even with a regular VGA input, the images were just as good as any other LCDs. But then, you can get DVI to USB cables on amazon for $3, and that works wonders.

4 month after getting the 22", got a couple of these 24" for the office, everyone who got it was very happy.
on August 28, 2009
Purchased several HP monitors. One went bad while under warranty and spent over three hours trying to get a return authorization to have it repaired. Nice monitor until you need help. Then be prepared to spend a half day or more trying to get authorization to get it repaired.
on August 17, 2008
I bought my new HP desktop with Blu ray player and needed a large size monitor to display the high definition DVDs. This screen really is a good high definition display, and also a great monitor, you can have several display pages showing at once. When I first set it up I found it was too bright but quickly learned I could adjust the brightness, contrast, colors and other display factors either with the computer or with the monitor itself. Has a good viewing angle for an LCD, it looks clear and bright even when you are viewing fom an angle.

It has a fairly small desk footprint and is adjustable up/down, left/right, and angle. It is hard to imagine na better monitor.
on December 21, 2008
This LCD works great on my new HP pc joining an additional monitor of the same model. Great clarity and now twice as much screen to use. What more could you ask for? It was more expensive than many other monitors but since it was the same model as the one that came w/ my pc I thought it the best one for me. Had I not started with an existing 24" I'd have have looked harder at lower priced monitors but this one seems reliable and Im happy with my choice.
on March 22, 2009
The HP W2408H monitor is beautiful. I replaced a 19" monitor with this 24" unit. It was a snap to install. I used the menu on the front to set my preferences. The colors are beautiful. I even use it to watch movies. A great buy from Amazon. Highly recommended.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 28, 2008
I like the monitor it works well. The one thing I do not like about it is the color of icons are real bright. I love the widescreen which size was the same as my old 19 inch standard monitor and the depth which is a lot less. I am running this on a Dual Screen system on XP professional. I use for my Playstation 3 and my computer system. Adjustment controls are very easy to use and allow a VGA input as well as a HDMI input in which you can switch between the two if you like.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 19, 2008
I bought two. I like them very much. Had to go out and buy HDMI cables. The colors are very vivid but I'm mostly doing programming and database development so it is mostly the available real-estate that I love. The glossy screen means I'm often seeing reflections of things behind me, a minor negative. I think they are a great value. Decided to go this way rather than add a 30" display to the 21" I already had on my Mac Quad. I would recommend them.
on September 10, 2008
Very pleased with the monitor, the time it took to arrive, and the c
ondition. Excellent purchase.
on October 15, 2008
The HP w2408h is definitely the best monitor I have ever had, and at a wonderful price.