Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "HP Envy 4520 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer wit..." and save 59% off the $99.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $12.05 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
HP Envy 4520 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer with Mobile Printing, Instant Ink ready (F0V69A)
|Price:||To see our price, add this item to your cart. You can always remove it later. Why?|
|FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Main functions of this HP color inkjet photo printer: copy, scan, wireless printing, AirPrint, two-sided duplex printing, touchscreen, Instant Ink ready so you'll never run out of ink, and more
- Mobile printing: print from anywhere using your smartphone or tablet with the free HP ePrint app, easily print from your iPhone or iPad with AirPrint, print even without a network using Wireless Direct printing
- 2-sided printing: Allows you to print on both sides of the page, cutting your paper use by up to 50%
- Borderless photos are printed right to the edge of the paper. You get beautiful photo prints with no trimming!
- Save up to 50% on Ink with HP Instant Ink: ordered by your printer and delivered to your door before you run out (optional subscription required). Use Original HP 63 Ink cartridges to print up to 2x the pages as refilled cartridges
- Print, scan, or copy quickly and easily with the 2.2-inch (5.5 cm) display—simply touch and go
- - Borderless printing: Print borderless 4 x 6-inch photos and documents up to 8.5 x 11 inches.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
|Currently viewing||Learn more||Learn more||Learn more|
|Functions||Print, Scan, Copy||Print, Scan, Copy||Print, Scan, Copy||Print, Scan, Copy, Fax|
|Print speed black/color (up to)||9.5 ppm black, 6.8 ppm color||12 ppm black, 8 ppm color||14 ppm black, 9 ppm color||14 ppm black, 9 ppm color|
|Paper sizes supported (inches)||Letter, legal, No. 10 envelope, 3x5, 4x6, 5x7, 8x10||Letter, legal, No. 10 envelope, 3x5, 4x6, 5x7, 8x10||Letter, legal, No. 10 envelope, 3x5, 4x6, 5x7, 8x10||Letter, legal, No. 10 envelope, 3x5, 4x6, 5x7, 8x10|
|Auto document feeder (pages)||25-sheet|
|Auto 2-sided printing||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Display (inches)||2.2 mono touchscreen||2.2 mono touchscreen||2.65 color touchscreen||3.5 color touchscreen|
|Dimensions (inches)||17.52 x 14.45 x 5.04||17.87 x 16.14 x 6.14||17.87 x 16.14 x 6.34||17.87 x 16.14 x 7.60|
|Paper tray capacity (input, output)||100 sheets, 25 sheets||125 sheets, 15 sheets photo, 25 sheets||125 sheets, 15 sheets photo, 25 sheets||125 sheets, 15 sheets photo, 25 sheets|
|Learn more||Learn more||Learn more||Learn more||Learn more||Learn more|
|Description||Print with confidence with standard yield HP cartridges.||Print with confidence with standard yield HP cartridges.||Print high volumes with high-yield HP XL cartridges.||Print high volumes with high-yield HP XL cartridges.||Shop less often and get the convenience of more than one HP cartridge in the pack.||Subscription plans—includes ink, recycling and free shipping. Save up to 50% on ink and never run out.|
|Page yield (each)||Up to 190 pages||Up to 165 pages||Up to 480 pages||Up to 330 pages||Black: Up to 190 pages; Tri-color: Up to 165 pages||50, 100 or 300 pages/month|
|Cartridge color||Black||Tri-color||Black||Tri-color||Black, Tri-color||Black, Tri-color|
|What's in the box||1 ink cartridge: Black||1 ink cartridge: Tri-color||1 ink cartridge: XL Black||1 ink cartridge: XL Tri-color||2 ink cartridges: Black, Tri-color||Enrollment card; requires online registration|
Compare with similar items
Canon MX492 Wireless All-IN-One Small Printer with Mobile or Tablet Printing, Airprint and Google Cloud Print Compatible
HP OfficeJet 3830 All-in-One Wireless Printer with Mobile Printing, Instant Ink ready (K7V40A)
Canon Office and Business MX922 All-In-One Printer, Wireless and mobile printing
HP Envy 5540 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer with Mobile Printing, Instant Ink ready (K7C85A)
HP Envy 5660 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer with Mobile Printing, Instant Ink ready (F8B04A)
|Price||Add to cart to see price. Why?||$44.19||Add to cart to see price. Why?||$69.99||$63.37||$61.75|
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$14.66|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Value Rush||Value Rush|
|Connectivity Technology||USB; Wi-Fi||Wi-Fi||USB; Wi-Fi||USB; Wireless||Wi-Fi; USB||Wi-Fi; USB|
|Item Dimensions||17.52 x 14.45 x 5.04 in||17.2 x 11.7 x 7.5 in||17.72 x 14.33 x 8.54 in||19.4 x 15.6 x 9.1 in||17.87 x 16.14 x 6.14 in||17.87 x 16.14 x 6.34 in|
|Item Weight||11.93 lbs||13 lbs||12.37 lbs||25.7 lbs||15.04 lbs||15.04 lbs|
|Maximum Print Speed (Black and White)||20 pages_per_minute||8.8||20 pages_per_minute||15 pages_per_minute||12 pages_per_minute||—|
|Media Size Maximum||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch|
|Operating System||Windows, Mac||Windows, Mac||Windows, Mac||Windows, Mac||Windows, Mac||Windows, Mac|
|Print Media Type||Unknown||Envelopes, Glossy photo paper, Paper (plain), High-resolution paper||Envelopes, Paper (plain)||Paper (plain)||Envelopes, Paper (plain), Transparencies||Envelopes, Paper (plain)|
|Additional Features||Packed & Shipped by Amazon!||Auto-Document Feeder||Auto-Document Feeder||auto-duplex||Auto-Document Feeder||Network-Ready|
Do more with this affordable HP ENVY all-in-one—the perfect match for your modern technology. Fly through tasks with the easiest way to print from your smartphone or tablet. Set up this space-saving printer quickly for wireless printing in any room—and get lab-quality photos and documents in a few easy steps.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
PACKAGING: Packaging is fine, with the exception of not having a full printed manual included. Adequate styrofoam padding will protect the printer from a rough shipment. Amazon places the box within a box for shipping, so you get great protection and it it should arrive with no problem.
SETUP: Very simple, very easy. From only having to remove two pieces of tape, to the very intuitive on screen wireless setup... well done. The ink is easy to install and the "Start Here" documentation was easy to read. Connecting to my wireless network was as simple as finding it on a list from the touch screen interface and typing in my password.. no laptop or ethernet cable required.
Setup on the computer side was a little more disappointing, however. It requires using the included CD-ROM, which is fine... but what is NOT fine is all the bloatware and spyware settings the install interface tries to trick you into doing. Be very careful and take your time during this installation. For example, HP will default to very intrusive monitoring of your printer usage - basically giving them blanket access to your computer as long as they "anonymize" the data it is collecting. You must actually go into the text of the User Agreement, find the hyperlinks, and then click them to change the defaults from active monitoring. These settings are hidden and this is not ethical behavior for a company. Privacy settings should be obvious and clear. Sorry HP, this is what is dropping you to 3 stars, not the hardware itself.
HARDWARE: The hardware is well designed and aesthetically pleasing. The printing quality is superb and even testing this on standard paper, the photographs looked crisp and professional. When printing, a small little ruler shaped paper catch will eject outward automatically to keep the paper from falling into the floor. You can press this back in with your hand afterwards.
The scanner, however, isn't the greatest. It should work fine for making copies of documents, but you'll definitely want something more functional if you are archiving photographs. The test photographs that were saved to JPEGS obviously had suffered through a couple of software filters before being saved to disk. The wireless functionality of the scanner worked great but requires the computer to which it is being sent to be online at the time of the scan.
One pleasant surprise was the on-demand internet form printing. This actually is useful. From the touch panel on the front of the printer one can print ruled notebook paper, graph paper, coloring book pages, mazes, calendars, etc. This is a very nice feature and appreciated. If you enable the web account portion of this service you can even automatically set the printer to print certain things at intervals automatically, such as calendar pages at the beginning of the month.
INK: The HP Envy 4520 is a loss lead. HP will sell you this printer for cheap, and then you pay a huge markup on the ink. As of writing this review, a black and color ink cartridge will cost you over 50% of the price of the printer itself. Ouch! HP also tries to wrangle you into subscribing to its new ink service. In a nutshell, your printer will phone home whenever your ink starts running low and HP sends out more. The top tier plan allows you to print up to 3600 ISO pages for a flat $792 a year. The cheapest plan restricts you to only 600 pages for $132 a year. I have no interest in this service, but perhaps it would be attractive to someone somewhere.
CONCLUSION: This is a great inkjet printer as far as the hardware is concerned. The scanner is functional as a document scanner, but not sufficient for a photo archive. The required installation of software on the PC side is deceiving and attempts to trick the user into privacy settings that very favorable to HP. And like most printers of this class, the printer is cheap... the ink is going to cost you some blood, sweat, and tears though.
Wanted to add that there is no support for Chrome books either for setting up the printer or for printing after the printer is setup. You will need to use Google Cloud Print. The really frustrating part of the setup process is that you HAVE to use a HP program to setup the printer. There is NO option for manual setup. That makes little sense except that it allows them to get you setup on the ink supply program.
I am always interested in small printers that are multi-function, so when this printer became available, I decided to order it and give it a try. Here is what I found:
1. The printer is relatively small for what it does and does not require access to the back or to the sides of the unit. The power cord plugs securely into a socket in the back. While there is a connection for a USB cable, no cable is supplied for this option.
2. This printer does NOT support multi-band wireless. It only supports the 2.4Ghz band.
3. Photo printing quality is just “ok” for small prints and “bad” for large prints. Hi resolution pictures have vertical banding that ruins large pictures and while visible in small pictures, still presents a usable image, just not a great image. For comparison, the same large picture printed on a Epson printer with the same plain paper presents no banding and excellent detail while this printer has top to bottom banding all across the picture and the detail is just ok. No amount of printer alignment or resetting changed the print quality.
4. Regular page printing of text is good and low resolution images printed within a page print ok.
5. Loading of cartridges is questionable in that you have to use enough force to get the cartridge in place to put one in fear of breaking it. I have been using printers for years and have had many printers from HP and others so it is not an issue of my not knowing how to load an ink cartridge.
6. Speaking of ink cartridges, these cartridges have to be the smallest volume of ink units I have ever used. Because the color cartridge is one unit, you will be replacing the entire unit even if only one ink color is low. Right up front they will try to get you to sign up for automatic ink shipments which requires that your printer remain in contact with HP to report the number of pages printed. This is not something that I would want to sign up for as I do not like having information shipped outside my network without me initiating it. If you do not sign up, you will be warned that you only have 7 days from the first time the printer is used to sign up!!
7. If you decide to load the software on your phone or on your tablet, ensure you are on a wireless network and not on your cell phone plan unless you have unlimited data included. The programs will take up quite a bit of your plan allowance.
8. This unit does NOT have multiple supply trays so you are forced to change paper if you want to move between pictures and printed pages.
9. One nice feature of this printer is that there is an automatic extension that supports printed work when the print function is enabled. It is a very slim piece of plastic, so be careful around it so that you do not break it.
10. The scanning software is a pleasure to use. it easily recognizes multiple pictures and will save each individually. The quality of the scan is about what your would expect for this DPI rating. Just remember that you need adequate space between pictures for it to recognize the individual pictures correctly. Placing too many pictures too close together will produce uneven results. Best to stick to two or three items for multiples.
All in all, I do not find a compelling reason to buy this device when for $20 more you can purchase the HP 7640 and pickup a document feeder, dual paper trays, and a fax. Not sure if the picture print quality would be better as I have not tried that one yet. At this point in time, I will probably stay with the printer I currently have as I do a lot of picture printing and it does a good job with those pictures.
Most recent customer reviews
It looks good, pretty fast and no paper jam.Read more