- Free enrollment card with printer bundle, includes 2 months of Instant Ink service free. Here's how (restrictions apply)
HP Envy 4520 Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner and Copier with Instant Ink Bundle
|Price:||To see our price, add this item to your cart. You can always remove it later. Why?|
|FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- LIMITED TIME OFFER: Free enrollment card with printer bundle, includes 2 months of Instant Ink service free. Discount applied at checkout, offer ends March 17, 2018.
- Enrollment card gives you two months of HP Instant Ink service, plus may be combined with any additional offers from HP during printer set up.
- To get started, you’ll need an HP Instant Ink compatible printer - see eligible list at bottom of page. Simply follow the instructions on the card to sign up.
- Print 100 pages per month for $4.99 a month. Roll over up to 100 pages each month.
- Print in color whenever! Plan is based on pages printed, not ink cartridges, so photos and documents cost the same.
- No more running to the store for ink! With the plan, your printer orders ink when needed, so you get ink delivered to your door before you run out. Shipping and cartridge recycling are included.
- Your first ink shipment will arrive shortly after you sign up with the prepaid enrollment card.
- No commitment. No annual fees. You can upgrade, downgrade, or cancel your plan at any time.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
- Up to 9.5 ppm black
- Up to 6.8 ppm color
- 25 to 400% copy reduce/enlarge
- Up to 1200 dpi scan resolution
- Width x Depth x Height: 17.52 x 14.45 x 5.04 inches
HP ENVY 4520 All-in-One
An all-in-one printer for your digital life.
Do more with this affordable HP ENVY all-in-one—the perfect match for your modern technology. Fly through tasks with the easiest way to print from your smartphone or tablet. Set up this space-saving printer quickly for wireless printing in any room—and get lab-quality photos and documents in a few easy steps.
- Express yourself—affordably. Produce low-cost, lab-quality color photos and laser-quality documents.
- Keep the fun photos coming wherever you go with the easiest way to print from your smartphone or tablet.
- Tackle two-sided printing, borderless photos, and more—plus scan and copy from the easy-to-use touchscreen.
This product has
- Wireless printing: Print and share with notebooks or PCs on an existing wireless network, using the freedom of built-in wireless.
- Easy mobile printing: Stay connected with the easiest way to print from your smartphone or tablet—setup is simple.
- Borderless printing: Print borderless 4 x 6-inch photos and documents up to 8.5 x 11 inches.
- Scan to e-mail: Streamline workflow by scanning a document as an e-mail attachment directly from the printer's touchscreen.
- Automatic 2-sided printing: Save paper and time using fast automatic 2-sided printing.
- HP Printer Control: Always have your printer on hand—scan directly to your mobile device.
- ENERGY STAR: Save energy with this ENERGY STAR printer.
- Print speed black ISO laser comparable: Up to 9.5 ppm.
- Print speed black draft: Up to 20 ppm.
- Print speed color ISO laser comparable: Up to 6.8 ppm.
- Print speed color draft: Up to 16 ppm.
- Recommended monthly page volume: 100 to 400 pages.
- Paper handling input, standard: 100-sheet input tray.
- Paper handling output, standard: 25-sheet output tray.
- Scanner type: Flatbed.
- Scan resolution, optical: 1200 dpi.
- Copy reduce/enlarge settings: 25%−400%.
- Warranty: One-year limited hardware warranty; 24-hour, 7 days a week support.
HP DeskJet 3755 All-in-One
HP ENVY 4520 All-in-One
HP ENVY 5540 All-in-One
HP ENVY 5660 All-in-One
HP ENVY 7640 All-in-One
|Functions||Print, Scan, Copy||Print, Scan, Copy||Print, Scan, Copy||Print, Scan, Copy||Print, Scan, Copy, Fax|
|ISO print speed||Up to 8 ppm black, up to 5.5 ppm color||Up to 9.5 ppm black, up to 6.8 ppm color||Up to 12 ppm black, up to 8 ppm color||Up to 14 ppm black, up to 9 ppm color||Up to 14 ppm black, up to 9 ppm color|
|Maximum print speed||Up to 19 ppm black, up to 15 ppm color||Up to 20 ppm black, up to 16 ppm color||Up to 22 ppm black, up to 21 ppm color||Up to 22 ppm black, up to 21 ppm color||Up to 22 ppm black, up to 21 ppm color|
|Maximum paper size||8.5 x 14 inches||8.5 x 14 inches||8.5 x 14 inches||8.5 x 14 inches||8.5 x 14 inches|
|Auto 2-sided printing||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Networking||WiFi 802.11b/g/n||WiFi 802.11b/g/n||WiFi 802.11b/g/n||WiFi 802.11b/g/n||Ethernet, WiFi 802.11b/g/n|
|Display||Icon LCD||2-inch hi-res mono LCD||2.2-inch mono touchscreen||2.65-inch color touchscreen||3.5-inch color touchscreen|
|Paper capacity||60-sheet input tray, 25-sheet output tray||100-sheet input tray, 25-sheet output tray||125-sheet input tray, 15-sheet photo tray, 25-sheet output tray||125-sheet input tray, 15-sheet photo tray, 25-sheet output tray||125-sheet input tray, 15-sheet photo tray, 25-sheet automatic document feeder, 25-sheet output tray|
|Dimensions||15.86 x 6.97 x 5.55 inches||17.52 x 14.45 x 5.04 inches||17.87 x 16.14 x 6.14 inches||17.87 x 16.14 x 6.34 inches||17.87 x 16.14 x 7.60 inches|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
PACKAGING: Packaging is fine, with the exception of not having a full printed manual included. Adequate styrofoam padding will protect the printer from a rough shipment. Amazon places the box within a box for shipping, so you get great protection and it it should arrive with no problem.
SETUP: Very simple, very easy. From only having to remove two pieces of tape, to the very intuitive on screen wireless setup... well done. The ink is easy to install and the "Start Here" documentation was easy to read. Connecting to my wireless network was as simple as finding it on a list from the touch screen interface and typing in my password.. no laptop or ethernet cable required.
Setup on the computer side was a little more disappointing, however. It requires using the included CD-ROM, which is fine... but what is NOT fine is all the bloatware and spyware settings the install interface tries to trick you into doing. Be very careful and take your time during this installation. For example, HP will default to very intrusive monitoring of your printer usage - basically giving them blanket access to your computer as long as they "anonymize" the data it is collecting. You must actually go into the text of the User Agreement, find the hyperlinks, and then click them to change the defaults from active monitoring. These settings are hidden and this is not ethical behavior for a company. Privacy settings should be obvious and clear. Sorry HP, this is what is dropping you to 3 stars, not the hardware itself.
HARDWARE: The hardware is well designed and aesthetically pleasing. The printing quality is superb and even testing this on standard paper, the photographs looked crisp and professional. When printing, a small little ruler shaped paper catch will eject outward automatically to keep the paper from falling into the floor. You can press this back in with your hand afterwards.
The scanner, however, isn't the greatest. It should work fine for making copies of documents, but you'll definitely want something more functional if you are archiving photographs. The test photographs that were saved to JPEGS obviously had suffered through a couple of software filters before being saved to disk. The wireless functionality of the scanner worked great but requires the computer to which it is being sent to be online at the time of the scan.
One pleasant surprise was the on-demand internet form printing. This actually is useful. From the touch panel on the front of the printer one can print ruled notebook paper, graph paper, coloring book pages, mazes, calendars, etc. This is a very nice feature and appreciated. If you enable the web account portion of this service you can even automatically set the printer to print certain things at intervals automatically, such as calendar pages at the beginning of the month.
INK: The HP Envy 4520 is a loss lead. HP will sell you this printer for cheap, and then you pay a huge markup on the ink. As of writing this review, a black and color ink cartridge will cost you over 50% of the price of the printer itself. Ouch! HP also tries to wrangle you into subscribing to its new ink service. In a nutshell, your printer will phone home whenever your ink starts running low and HP sends out more. The top tier plan allows you to print up to 3600 ISO pages for a flat $792 a year. The cheapest plan restricts you to only 600 pages for $132 a year. I have no interest in this service, but perhaps it would be attractive to someone somewhere.
CONCLUSION: This is a great inkjet printer as far as the hardware is concerned. The scanner is functional as a document scanner, but not sufficient for a photo archive. The required installation of software on the PC side is deceiving and attempts to trick the user into privacy settings that very favorable to HP. And like most printers of this class, the printer is cheap... the ink is going to cost you some blood, sweat, and tears though.
"This is a pretty simple solution that not many people know, but here's how to disable the annoying instant ink pop-ups:
You can disable the notifications through Printer Server Properties. (Click on your Control Panel, then the Devices and Printers tab)
>From Devices and Printers. Highlight your printer, then look above for a tab called "Print server properties" across the top. Click the tab, then click the Advanced tab and uncheck both "Show informational notifications for local printers and network printers" boxes. Apply and click OK. Hope this helps!"
I do like the touch screen and slide menu feature, and I also really like the sleek and professional look it has. It comes with what's called "HP quick forms" (refer to photos), where you can print out a fax cover sheet, graph paper, notebook paper, calendar, check list, and even some Sudoku and other games; pretty neat. It does have a 2"x7.5" retractable paper holder, which automatically retracts when you hit print. Dimensions are approximately 17.3"x15" with paper holder in; 17.3"x21" when holder is out. The top surface is flat so since I rarely use the scanner, I use that extra space for a lightweight paper organizer. It's slightly textured so you don't have to worry about scratching it if that matters to you.
Setup was extremely easy, both by USB cable and by wifi connection. Took a total of about 8-10 minutes setting up by both methods. I use this printer on two different computer towers, one of which has no internet connection. Never have any issues connecting to the printer or getting it to function as needed on either towers.
Overall would recommend for light to moderate use.
My guess is the issue other people are experiencing comes from installing the HP software which doesn't appear to be necessary.
I can also print from my phone with no problem. I'd recommend this product.