Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win STEM Limited time offer Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 30, 2013
It is a very nice unit, fast. A couple of things I did not notice before ordering. Had no HDMI which really surprized me in this day and age. Had to install another graphics card to get it. Not fond of Windows 8. Difficult to do some things. Other than that a nice box.
on June 22, 2013
This is a great computer. Very powerful and quiet.

I run several Virtual Machines without a hiccup, everything is fast.

I have Linux, Windows Server, SQL Server, etc. all running without a hitch.

Multiple VMs at the same time with no slowdown.

This is all on the default 16G of RAM and one hard drive.

You can upgrade to 32G of RAM, which I've just ordered...

Plenty of room to expand the drives or add another CD/DVD drive; it has SATA III connections.

Already ordered a second drive to isolate my VMs. Will probably add an SSD for Christmas. :-)

Tons of USB 2.0 and 3.0 connection.

I really like the top-mounted USB connections along with the concave caddy top.

Great for you cell phone, iPod, mp3, etc.

Great sound system. Has normal connections, rear speakers, subwoofer, surround sound, etc.

Could make for a great HTPC.

My only complaint is that it is DVI instead of HDMI. 2013 and no HDMI?

It wasn't enough to sway me, since you're getting so much other great hardware.

Something else to be aware of, it is the standard edition of Windows 8 64-bit.

Turns out only Windows 8 Pro and higher comes with Hyper-V.

So you'll need to acquire a 3rd party hyper-visor if you are planning on creating virtual machines.

Windows 8? Not so bad, my only gripe is the lack of a start menu, but the 8.1 service pack will fix that.

Once you figure out the charms, etc. it's pretty much the same as Windows 7.

Just stay out of the UI formerly known as Metro.

I find the underlying performance of Windows 8 to be an improvement over Windows 7. Memory, CPU, IO, etc.
on May 20, 2013
This computer was purchased for a dual purpose – business / photo editing, and it has performed flawlessly. I have been downloading large files in the background while editing pictures and sending large files to clients and the CPU hasn't even broken a sweat. Not a gamer so I don’t know if I will ever push this machine to the limit.
All the negative ratings about windows 8 proved to not been accurate for me. My old machine was running XP Pro so 8 took some getting familiar with but once you get it down, it is light years beyond XP.
The only thing I would have changed if possible would be the size of the hard drive. However Amazon had a great price on a Seagate barracuda 3TB that fit perfectly. I was also presently surprised to find that the power supply was actually 460W when it was listed as a 300W.
The 3.0 USB is incredibly fast for backups to an external hard drive. The Beats Audio sounds incredible, and the list goes on.
I tried to find something I don’t like about this machine and I haven’t been able to as of yet and I’m 30 days into this machine.
on April 21, 2013
A computer with a lot of power and performance to match. Still enjoying the newness and flawless operation and I think I'll have this one for a long time. It replaces a 5 year old computer that still runs good but always locked up or had errors, despite everything but the motherboard updated. As someone already said, it's eerily quiet and that's a very good thing. Thought I'd have issues with Windows 8 but so far so good there too. Everything I've loaded actually works flawlessly with no crashes or lock ups. The HP Envy series is definitely high end quality loaded with everything you'd dream of in a computer. This was exactly what I wanted and it delivers. No matter what portable devices you may have you still need a solid base computer. It's a home computer that can easily handle business demands, like two monitors, lots of USB ports, back, front and on top. Sounds as good as any hi-fi. I use AutoCAD, Solidworks, Photoshop, iTunes, video and audio editing software and love playing the Sims, this computer handles them all. On a scale of 1 to 10, I finally have an 11!
on April 10, 2013
It's April 2013. By the time you read this it may be obsolete. But if not, this is a super powerhouse.

It's got ALL the stuff, quick as a bunny, and seems very reliable.

I think you might be very pleased with this, at least I sure am.

I'd recommend this one to my mother, if that tells you anything.
on April 15, 2015
I'm having a problem with slow starting programs and a finicky operating system, Windows 8.

It came with 16gigs of memory, so I wasn't expecting these kind of slow operating programs and slow multitasking. I'm not sure if it's a computer (hardware) problem or if it is a software problem.
on December 31, 2012
I went from a 10 year old e-machine with screaming cooling fans that was on its last leg to this. I am still in awe and probably will be for a long time to come. Windows 8 is fantastic. They have actually made it easier to deal with. The system? I don't think I could've built this for less than what I paid for it. The only thing I knew I wanted was the I-7 quad core. I can't even tell this is running it is so quiet. Eerily quiet. All I do is e-mail, surfing and You Tube. Maybe I'll put flight and train simulator in it and see how it does. Anyway, I'm no computer geek but I know what I like. I love this computer and think it'll last me a good long time. Also must add that seller included DVI-D to VGA adapter so there were no surprises hooking up my monitor. I think that was a nice touch.
11 comment| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 23, 2014
Computer a whole lot faster then the old one. Very nice cordless mouse. Very nice update! Easy to use. Recommend this product!
on July 16, 2014
Item received promptly. No problems.
on April 17, 2013
This system fits my needs. Hope it lasts as long as my former desktop. The only thing that I wish was an option was to choose between Windows 7 and Windows 8 for the operating system.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.