It's completely redesigned using breakthrough techniques to be lighter, thinner, and more advanced than ever. Enjoy an all-new look and improved performance for our dv6t customers.
Keep playing even in dimly lit rooms or on red eye flights. It's a full-size keyboard that doesn't compromise comfort.
Windows 8.1 64-bit
CPU & RAM
Processor: 4th generation Intel Quad Core i7-4710HQ, 2.5GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
Hard Drive: 1000GB Solid State Hybrid Drive
Optical Drive: SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW Dual Layer
Card Reader: SD cards
Graphics & Audio
Graphics: Intel HD graphics 4600 with up to 1792MB total graphics memory
Audio: Beats Audio quad speakers and two subwoofers
Display, Keyboard, Webcam
Display Size: 15.6" 1920x1080 Full HD BrightView LED-backlit display
Keyboard: Full-size island-style Standard keyboard with numeric keypad
Webcam: HP TrueVision HD Webcam w/integrated digital microphone
Wi-Fi:802.11b/g/n WLAN with Bluetooth 4.0
2 x USB 2.0, 1 x USB 3.0
1 RJ-45 (LAN)
1 Headphone-out/microphone-in combo jack
Amazon.com Return Policy:
You may return any new computer purchased from Amazon.com that is "dead on arrival," arrives in damaged condition, or is still in unopened boxes, for a full refund within 30 days of purchase. Amazon.com reserves the right to test "dead on arrival" returns and impose a customer fee equal to 15 percent of the product sales price if the customer misrepresents the condition of the product. Any returned computer that is damaged through customer misuse, is missing parts, or is in unsellable condition due to customer tampering will result in the customer being charged a higher restocking fee based on the condition of the product. Amazon.com will not accept returns of any desktop or notebook computer more than 30 days after you receive the shipment. New, used, and refurbished products purchased from Marketplace vendors are subject to the returns policy of the individual vendor.
Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
this is probably the cheapest and best i7 processor laptop out there at the moment. here are a few things i noticed right out of the box and things i immediately checked for after reading reviews on here.
1. the mouse pad is huge and will definitely require you to adjust your typing stance. However it is not a deal breaker, the right click buttons most customers found a problem finding is embedded in the track pad, just press on the lower right of the pad.
2. the sound is absolutely amazing and the visuals stunning so atleast it kept true to its words in that regard.
3. battery life is very poor but this seems to be common amongst i7 processor having laptops.
4. the caps lock light is available however for some weird reason they forgot to put in a num lock light.
5. has a good looking webcam no motion blur, crisp images.
6. the processor is powerful and runs tasks with ease, i still do dislike windows 8 but oh well.
7. it is really thing and light and the fan sounds really silent.
overall for its price this is a really good laptop to invest in.
The Envy 15t-j000 is a high end laptop made by Hewlett-Packard that offers fast processing power with a 2.4 GHz Intel Core I7, and with the upgraded graphics option, can handle almost any game on the market. This machine is a good alternative for gamers looking to have a more portable option than a desktop computer or a heavy gaming laptop. After owning this computer for three months I have encountered very few problems with the machine. The overall build quality seems very solid and reliable, something I would expect from an $800 computer. The one terabyte hard drive is more than enough memory for the average user and the excess hard drive space means that very little management of the hard drive is required, as most users will not fill the one terabyte hard drive in the life of the computer. I have only used 170 gigabytes of the 905 gigabytes of available storage and have installed most of the programs that I need or enjoy using. I have never been a fan of touchpads, however the touchpad on the Envy 15t-j000 had surprisingly smooth motion on the screen and quite responsive. While this computer runs very quickly and provides the performance I required while remaining portable, I do have a few issues with the device. The most aggravating thing about the machine is the lack of an optical drive. When purchasing the computed I did not even think to check if it came with one because it seemed like it should be standard, however this laptop does not include one. This is easily remedied by purchasing and external CD-ROM drive, however it is an inconvenience especially when taking the computer places. The lack of the option to downgrade to Windows 7 was disappointing however Hewlett-Packard did a good job with integrating their own start menu when in desktop mode, a feature windows 8 lacks. This allows you to use Windows 8 just like Windows 7 which makes up for the lack of the optional downgrade. Overall, the performance, build quality, and large hard drive make this computer a good and reliable purchase that I would recommend to users looking for performance on the go. I have been very pleased with the computer so far and look forward to discovering what else the machine has to offer.
Pros: 1. High power processor 2. 16 GB Memory. 3. 1TB Storage.
Cons: 1. Fingerprints sucks, does not work all the time and hangs windows login. 2. Display, colors are not deep and you need to adjust the Gamma manually and ant the end, you will fail!, and you will accept the fact that you do not have a good display, it was not a big deal for me because I got this machine for development, but u was not too happy about it. 3. Processor fan runs so loud with high load, it is expected but, there are other brands that have better cooling systems 4- The overall material is fragile, you feel like it is going to break when u hold it, again i said to my self i can live with it.
5. The killer: The Keyboard design just sucks: a. No backlight, I know , I agreed to buy it with this condition, but I found other brands having backlight in the same price range and same specs. b. Now listen carefully: The keyboard spacing is weirdly designed you cannot use to to type fast you will feel pain when u do that, I am a software developer and every time i type in it i fell a deep pain in my finger and anther invisible pain in my mind. c. The Real killer: Some how, I do not know how that happens in 2015, the keyboard has a debounce problem, meaning, sometimes when u press the key one time , you get 2 letters in the screen, we were suffering from this problem in the dark ages, anyways, I searched the internet and found that it is a common issue in this laptop and the hp customer support provided a hack that you u have to configure yourself in windows or ubuntu or any other os, that u MANUALLY adjust this value, and at the end you will hate your self.
Finally i retuned this laptop and got Asus ROG., same specs, same price rang and nothing from all this problems