Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "HP iPAQ 211 Enterprise Handheld (210 Series)" and save 69% off the $449.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
HP iPAQ 211 Enterprise Handheld (210 Series)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Enterprise-grade PDA with Windows Mobile 6 Classic operating system and 4-inch touchscreen
- View and edit Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files with Microsoft Office Mobile; sync email and calendar from desktop with Outlook Mobile
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g); Bluetooth connectivity for handsfree devices and peripherals; dual expansion slots for optional SD/SDIO and CompactFlash HC memory cards
- Listen to music and watch videos using Windows Media Player 10 Mobile; view, share, and manage photos
- What's in the Box: HP IPAQ 211, standard 2200 mAh battery, AC Adapter with power cord, sync/charge cable, stylus, slip case, documentation kit, HP iPAQ Companion CD
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
The HP iPAQ 211 Enterprise Handheld features a 4-inch screen, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, both SD/SDIO and CompactFlash HC expansion, and Windows Mobile 6 Classic operating system.
The SDIO and CompactFlash slots on the top.
24-pin connector, mini-USB and 3.5mm headphone jack on the bottom.
With the power of the Windows Mobile 6 Classic operating system, you'll stay easily connected to your business and personal data on the go. And you'll stay productive with familiar software tools at your fingertips--Office Mobile includes Word, Excel, and PowerPoint--and bring your important documents and files from your PC with you wherever you roam.
This slim, stylish organizer also lets you go online with Wi-Fi to keep your calendar, contacts, and tasks up to date. The integrated Wi-Fi networking makes it easy to access to Internet and email at the office, home or campus, and at other Wi-Fi hotspots at airports, cafes and hotels. Connect to Bluetooth accessories like headsets and keyboards to be more productive--you can even connect to your Bluetooth mobile phone to go online (requires compatible phone and cellular data plan). The Wireless Connection Manager helps you extend your battery life--check your connections and turn them off when you're not using them.
The iPaq 111 is also a great mobile entertainment companion, allowing you to listen to your music collection and watch videos with the Windows Media Player Mobile. You can store music and video files on optional Secure Digital (SD) memory cards. You can also view, share, and manage your photos with HP Photosmart Mobile, as well as play pre-installed games or download your favorites from the Internet.
- View easily in a variety of environments on the large, 4-inch, TFT touch screen
- Use familiar applications including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Synchronize email and data with your PC via mini-USB or an Exchange server with Wi-Fi connectivity
- Store business-critical information with high-capacity SDIO and CompactFlash expansion
- Use headphones, a microphone, and other USB devices via convenient in/out ports
- Connect Bluetooth peripherals such as headsets and keyboards with the Bluetooth 2.0 with Enhanced Data Rate (EDR)
- Get peace of mind with the one-year limited warranty
- Rely on HP: the planned three-year product life cycle will support your enterprise testing and deployment efforts
- Wireless: Integrated WiFi (802.11 b/g) with WEP through WPA2-Enterprise (EAP-TLS and PEAP) and WiFi Multimedia) Bluetooth v2.0 with EDR
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows Mobile 6 Classic
- Microsoft programs included: Office Mobile , Office Outlook Mobile, Internet Explorer Mobile, Windows Media Player 10
- Processor: Marvell PXA310, 624 MHz
- Display: 4-inch transflective TFT RGB color 480 x 640 pixel touch screen with LED backlight
- Memory: 128 MB SDRAM main memory for running applications; 256 MB flash ROM
- Power: 2200 mAh lithium-ion rechargeable, user changeable battery
- Connectivity: 24 pin connector, mini USB, high-capacity SDIO slot, CompactFlash HC slot
- Audio: Integrated microphone, receiver, speaker, 3.5mm 4-pin headphone jack
- Hardware buttons: 5-way navigation with press to activate, 4 programmable, voice recorder, power, reset
- HP exclusive applications: iPAQ Wireless Manager, HP Photosmart Mobile, HP QuickStart Tour, HP iPAQ Setup Assistant, HP Help and Support, Bluetooth Manager, Certificate Enroller, Asset Viewer
- Warranty One-year parts and labor in most regions; 90 days technical support for software.
- Dimensions: 5.27 x 2.97 x 0.69 inches
- Weight (with battery): 6.7 ounces
What's in the Box
HP IPAQ 211, standard 2200 mAh battery, AC Adapter with power cord, sync/charge cable, stylus, slip case, documentation kit, HP iPAQ Companion CD
Powered by Windows Mobile 6
Microsoft's Windows Mobile 6 Classic updates the Windows Mobile 5 platform with a number of handy features that make searching through email, editing Microsoft Office documents, and staying on top of your most important communications even easier. Emails can now be viewed in their original rich HTML format and now offer the ability to visit embedded links. It also includes Windows Live for Windows Mobile, which provides a full set of Windows Live services, such as the Windows Live Messenger IM application, which now enables you to chat with more than one person at one time or send a file.
With Windows Mobile 6, your phone will finally be able to emulate the power and features of your PC's Microsoft Office suite. You'll be able to neatly view, navigate and edit Word documents and Excel spreadsheets in their original formatting--without affecting tables, images or text--as well as view PowerPoint presentations.
- Microsoft Office Word Mobile features include spell-check, Find and Replace commands, bulleted lists, text formatting, and support for tables for the first time.
- With Excel Mobile, you’re not just confined to editing charts: with the new Chart Wizard you can create charts quickly and easily.
- PowerPoint Mobile allows you to view the full presentation, rehearse timings, check the order and any live links you may have in your presentation. You can then email comments back to the team or communicate via MSN Messenger for an immediate response.
- After creating or editing a Word document or Excel spreadsheet, you can synchronize it with your PC and it will automatically be converted to the PC version.
All Windows Mobile 6 powered devices include Direct Push Technology for up-to-date email delivery and automatic synchronization of Outlook calendars, tasks and contacts through Microsoft Exchange Server. It also offers a set of important device security and management features that include the capability to remotely wipe all data from a device should it be lost or stolen, helping ensure that confidential information remains that way.
Top Customer Reviews
First, I am a big fan of PDAs and so-called smartphones and have been using them for years. None of them are perfect. In fact, most of them are far from perfect. In recent years the smartphone category, combining the cellular phone, the PDA and a camera, has really taken off. The standalone PDA is probably an endangered species and the HP211 could be the last of its kind. The emergence of the mini-laptop like the Asus Eee and Fujitsu U810 may, in fact, be the final nails in the coffin of the standalone PDA which I think would be a pity.
HP did a lot of things right with the HP211.
The screen is absolutely gorgeous. Photos and videos shine forth in all their glory. Glare from the screen surface has not been a problem. I have not tested it in direct sunlight, but it holds up well in bright daylight. The screen does require a fairly strong touch, but it is something you become accustomed to fairly quickly. Scrolling, however, in Internet Explorer seems to somewhat difficult. You have to apply firm pressure which the device may be interpreting as repeated taps. Something makes navigation in IE more difficult than it has to be.
For those who use the inking capability, once you get the touch done, it is a great experience. The Marvell processor is fast enough to make inking a delight. If you use an onscreen keyboard like TenGo, you'll be well impressed with how responsive the screen is and how fast your input can be.Read more ›
I bought the 211 about a month ago. Here are my impressions:
- My first reaction was "BIG!". It is bigger than all my other devices. It's thick, more so than the 4700. The weight is ok, though. I don't think about the size any more. I've gotten used to it.
- The screen does require more pressure to operate, but again, I'm used to it now and it's forgotten. I haven't noticed different pressure reactions on different screen locations.
- The screen is perfect. To address previous comments about being able to see more stuff: I scan all my documents and commit to PDF. Everything. Then I sync to the 211's SD card. I have a lightweight PDF reader, and I can read PDFs easily without scrolling horizontally. I can't come close to doing that with my wife's 110, or my 2495. Yes, you can fit much more on the screen, and it's much much sharper than any other device. Yes, the unit takes advantage of the higher resolution: it's not just bigger pictures on a bigger screen, honestly. Having said that, it's up to the application to do that. Most do.
- I have *not* noticed any negative performance difference between this and my previous devices. It's as fast as my 2495 and my wife's 110.
- I have approximately 30 applications(!) on it. None have had compatibility issues.Read more ›
the first feeling is "HUGE", my hand can hold it because I have big palm
the screen is eye candy, 4" VGA can make a quite difference, the color is very good, not "yellowish" like other HP products, the screen looks dark when the backlight is off, however, it's pretty viewable under sunlight
the buttons and d-pad are pretty comfortable to press, but up direction of d-pad is a little bit difficult to press because the bottom of screen frame, the arragement is
calendar/contacts (I changed to IE/File Explorer)
Start button (cannot to be changed)
OK and minimize/? (I changed ? to Bluetooth Manager
messaging (not changed)
the application is typical WM, but HP signature application "iTask" is no longer exist, which I can shut down an application with ease, it doesn't have ipaq backup
Monster Chinese users must read, you must use version 5.3, ver 6.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I enjoyed many years with this PDA; it represented the best of what a PDA should be, a fast note taker but as of 2014 i am using other devices like a windows tablet to do the job. Read morePublished 8 months ago by J. Zonos
I have 210 now.
Does it match if I buy 211 to put on the machine?
Are their size same? Read more
Excellent product and service from seller was just great. This is a replacement for one just like it that is damaged. Would've been five stars if HP had any support for it...Published 22 months ago by Thomas S.
I continue to use this one for it's calendar and document capabilities.
I have possessed, and used, the iPaqs since they first came out, and will continue to.
I liked this product but could not get it to interface with my laptop. I was most disappointed as I had an old version of product that died. Read morePublished on October 28, 2013 by Thomas J. Moore