Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 56 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 63 reviews
on April 14, 2012
this bargain desktop is more than worth the $350...and more than the specs indicate. The video card has 512 MB dedicated memory, as well as being able to access up to 2 gigs shared memory...It is as fast as anything I have seen under $500, almost totally quiet, and a sleek black design. And I haven't put the other 4 gigs of memory I bought to improve it!

The only thing it didn't have was a TV tuner, and that is coming from Amazon...two day Prime shipping came in on schedule, and totally intact. May get another one for a gift...
66 comments| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 9, 2012
I bought this a few months ago when it was listed at $320. Although I usually build my own PCs, the price tag was difficult to ignore.

Pros:
-Very good bargain (4GB memory, 1TB hard disk, DVD burner)
-Wireless LAN
-Sleek piano black finish
-Very, very quiet

Cons:
-A lot of bloatware
-Only two front USB ports
-No HDMI output (had to get a DVI-to-HDMI cable for my HD monitor)

Overall a very good home PC suitable for everyday use.

It's probably a good deal at $400...
on August 31, 2012
I am very happy with this new HP
The only thing I would have wanted, would have been 6 USB connections in the back, instead of the 4 it has.
I purchased a 4 to 1 adapter to take care of that.
It does, however, still have two USB slots in the front panel.
I'm glad that the so-called "death" of the desktop is in the news everywhere---ha,ha, I picked up this jewel at under $400 delivered!
My previous HP desktop was about $500, or so, so considering the many advantages in the newer models,those of us old-timers can rejoice in the market today.
I don't miss -@#bay at all anymore, Amazon is my first source of purchases.
Thanks for that!!!!
on May 22, 2012
This is my first time to own a NEW computer. I found this model super easy to hookup, the Windows 7 format is easy to understand. Big plus is how fast getting online is! My old HP Pavillion was 9 yrs old, used as a business/family computer by a friend. I got it to use just for typing letters. Going online, I found it slow and the hard drive started to go. I knew I wanted another HP model, considering how tough that old one was. I'm really VERY pleased with this computer and am happy to recommend it to others!! Enjoy!!!
on September 22, 2013
This was an excellent buy. I wanted to purchase a new HP tower configured in the manufacturing process for Win 7 and loaded with Win 7, and with a medium number of bells and whistles for paperwork production and online research. It was sold by a private marketplace dealer who was very prompt in answering my questions, and his answers were/are honest and accurate.
I am thoroughly satisfied with this HP tower, the dealer and Amazon.com. I would do business with the private seller again if the occasion arises.
on May 26, 2012
Got this for $397 with free one day shipping. It has all the power and storage I'll ever need. The reason I decided on this model was the price, the built in wireless networking option, and the HP name. You can also run dual monitors with this as the dvi and vga outputs will both work at the same time. Very easy to set up and run. I'm not a gamer so I can't attest to that portion of it, but for home computer for general use and web-streaming, this unit is fantastic! I'm very pleased!
on September 10, 2012
My old computer was still okay, but like me it was getting a little creaky and slow, so I looked for a replacement to take care of my needs which are pretty basic: record keeping, email, skype, word processing, storing pictures, and spread sheets. This computer fits the bill for me perfectly. It is faster than my old one and does everything and more than I need. I always look to Amazon first for my needs. They are very price competitive, prompt about shipping, and easy to deal with.
on May 31, 2013
I'm very upset with this purchase. This PC was kept in our upstairs room, and used mainly when printing was needed. I use a laptop as my main computer. Within a week after the 1 year warranty ran out (May 2, 2013), I started getting a black screen. When I was able to run tests, they showed hard disk failure emminent. Now I can do nothing. All I get is a black screen.

I have had two HP PC's and four HP laptops through the years. As a loyal HP customer, I'm really disappointed that I would have to put out money to have this PC repaired. I haven't decided what my next step is.
on November 24, 2012
It works really well if you customize it in a certain way. If you clean up the start-up programs, take off the "already installed" programs that are not useful or necessary, For example, tool bars, and other things. Other than that I wish the USB Ports would allow external hard drives with different USB connections to adapt to the computer. It only has 6 2.0 USB ports which only allows certain devices.

With how the computer is made and what its purpose is, its a simple, basic, but yet a perfect computer. Its a five star computer if you know how to customize it, and work around the USB ports.

Positives: Speed, basic needs
Cons: USB Ports, and unnecessary programs.

This computer is nice with simple computer games. I would avoid complex games so you don't slow the computer down. But other than that, you are ready, set, and go!
on May 23, 2012
This desktop was a perfect fit for us! My son does play some games, but mostly it is used from general web browsing, homework, and storing pictures. The performance is very fast and setup was easy. It has WiFi built in although I also use a Ethernet cable. The storage is probably way more then I will ever use and as a bonus, this machine is super quiet!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.