Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
4-Year Toys Accident Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for drops, spills and product malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with $25 deductible
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- SquareTrade Protection Plans are only valid for new products purchased at Amazon within the last 30 days
HPI Racing 107012 Trophy 3.5 Buggy RTR
|Price:||$409.99 & FREE Shipping|
- 2.4 GHz radio system for crystal-free, comfortable control
- Waterproof receiver/battery box protects battery and receiver from the elements
- Strong and reliable nitro star F3.5 engine with 2.5HP
- 4mm 6061 aluminum chassis has angled sides for extra stiffness
- Thick 6061 aluminum shock towers are strong and durable
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Compare with similar items
Redcat Racing Tornado S30 Buggy Nitro with 2.4GHz Radio (1/10 Scale), Blue/Silver
Traxxas T-Maxx 4WD Monster Truck, 1:10 Scale
Traxxas Jato 3.3: 1/10 Scale Nitro-Powered 2WD Stadium Truck with TQi 2.4GHz Radio and TSM, Red
Redcat Racing Earthquake 3.5 Monster Truck Nitro 2-Speed with 2.4GHz Radio (1/8 Scale), Red/Black
Redcat Racing Nitro 2.4GHz Volcano S30 Truck, 1/10 Scale, Blue/Silver
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$18.99||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||20.72 x 12 x 7.2 in||15.75 x 10 x 6.5 in||19.12 x 16.5 x 10.4 in||16.53 x 12.87 x 5.7 in||20 x 15 x 10 in||16.75 x 13 x 7.5 in|
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
HPI RACING 107012 Trophy 3.5 Buggy RTR
From the Manufacturer
The HPI Trophy range of off-road racers has been updated with the latest in 2.4GHz radio technology, waterproof servos and a waterproof receiver and battery compartment. That's right: one of our most popular nitro kits ever now has been upgraded to make it a performer just about anywhere. The Trophy 3.5 buggy is the perfect way to get into nitro 1/8 buggies. Rallycross buggies are one of the biggest racing classes around the world, and it's still growing fast. This kit has got everything you need for anything you want to do. For bashing fun and big-air stunts, it has a durable aluminum chassis, braces and shock towers, and for race track performance and tuning the Trophy is equipped with a powerful race-legal Nitro Star F3.5 (.21 cubic inch) HPI engine, HB Proto design racing tires, oil-filled shocks, turnbuckles and plenty of tuning adjustment possibilities. In addition to being race-bred and ready for track action, the updated Trophy 3.5 looks great, too. The sleek aerodynamic racing bodyshell features a brand new paint design, and the HB Proto tires are wrapped around cool black chrome Edge 7-spoke wheels. The rear wing isn't just for looks, either - it gives the Trophy loads of downforce and control in the air. To top everything off, We have updated the anodizing of the shock caps, wheel nuts and more to HPI-spec bright orange.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. This car is not a toy. Mine runs at 40 mph and can cause serious damage if it hits someone.
2. If you buy this car, have it adjusted and tuned professionally. Look up Hobbytown USA.
3. Replace glow plugs after every 3/4 - 1 gallon of fuel used.
4. After running the car, remove the glow plug and pour in 3-4 drops of after-run oil.
5. If you break the car, take it to a hobby shop and have it repaired by an expert.
6. If you can, only run the car on a RC race track. Avoid running it in your backyard or an empty parking lot.
7. Be sure to use air-filter oil on your air-filter sponge.
8. Using an engine heater will make starting a lot quicker, and will prolong the life of your engine.
9. When not in use, keep the car elevated; this will reduce the stress on the shocks - else they'll go flat.
10. Get pressurized air and keep your kit clean. Have it professionally cleaned, adjusted, and lubed every 15th tank.
You'll spend time making adjustments to the engine so it runs best in your environment, but it's more fun than watching batteries charge. This is not a race car, but I'm pretty sure it tops 25mph. It's enough car to keep Dad entertained and it's pretty hassle free so the young 'uns don't loose interest and wonder off. The controller allows for fine adjustments of the throttle/brakes and steering. Being able to set a reduced "end point" on the controller allows you to reduce the top speed when needed.
We've replaced very parts due to damage and none from defect. HPI appears to be a large force in the RC car world and parts and support are readily available. If you're interested in an 1/8 scale nitro rc buggy you won't regret parking one of these at your home. There are less expensive 1/8 scale buggies which I have no experience with, but this is simple enough, fast enough with more than enough after purchase support that I have no problem recommending it!