Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 138 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 145 reviews
on November 25, 2012
What can I say, burned out another stock traxxas motor and ordered this lil guy as a replacement. I believe this motor to be an UPGRADE!! Put the motor on and broke it in at half throttle for 25 mins, motor never even got warm!! First run was in a parking lot and it was fast, smooth and reliable. Great motor, great product.......now lets just see how it holds up over time. Highly recomend. One word of advise BREAK-IN!!
on March 8, 2015
I used this on an unmodified MaxStone 10 rock crawler from NitroRCX. A one-for-one swap on the factor motor (also a brushed 540 motor) improved the speed of the MaxStone 10 by 3-4 times! Sucks the life out of the battery, but that's the cost you pay for a faster (and more fun!) crawler. You could buy a larger battery to compensate or maybe fiddle around with a new ESC that might be better suited for this motor.

Overall, I was VERY pleased that I could do a one-for-one swap of the (very SLOW!) factory motor on the MaxStone 10. It's practically a street racer now! Money well spent.
review image
on May 22, 2015
I own a ECX ruckus, which I immediately burned out the stock Dyn 15T. I have since geared it down to a 17T pinion. Replaced that with a TraxTtn 12T I like that motor but it still gets hotter than I would like and I have to take breaks to cool it down. This HPI maybe just a touch faster than the Traxttn 12T, but it runs much cooler, and it's only $13. I'm happy with it.
on May 5, 2015
Faster than stock. I was worried about the speed of this motor because I was unsure of the stock motor specs. I was pleasantly surprised to notice an increase in overall speed and performance. Installed this motor for my neighbors son on a exceed rc Terrain 1/10 scale. We did not break the motor in with any special method. Let her rip right from the start, working great so far.
on May 17, 2017
Great
on February 25, 2015
Bought this motor with the intent to blow it up. Placed 4th in multiple rc drift competitions against high priced yokomos with brushless setups. Match this setup with a Lipo batteries and you're gold. They might as well paint this motor gold because that's what Tupac would've wanted. Best bang for buck to match up with my HPI e10 chassis. I've had this motor for 6 months and I've been abusing it once a week for 3-4 hour sessions. It has not blown up yet.
on January 5, 2017
Its a killer !
review image
on December 15, 2014
If you haven't evolved to brushless yet and want some speed this is the way to
Go. Run it in a lot of my Tamiyas with a better ESC.
on June 29, 2013
Hubby LOVE his new HPI Racing 1146 Firebolt 15t Motor (540 Type)! He said to be careful though. It really increases the speed of his RC.
on March 9, 2017
Began to smoke on 4th 8 cell NiMh pack. This was in a light buggy geared 26/82 running in short grass. The fan melted, and separated from the armature. I didn't feel like I was pushing it that hard.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.