BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 19, 2012
If you plan on connecting two solar panels together you will need to get these, or something similar for your panel type. These arrived quick and in good condition. Easy to install but make sure that you have marked the wire connecting your solar panel to your controller. It is important to know the positive and negative sides. I like to put a piece of colored electrical tape on the positive side... and not down by the batteries. That will not help you when you are on the roof. Put it on the roof side of the wire.
on February 22, 2016
Good stuff for Solar parallel connectors.
I will recommend this to all Offgrid, Grid-tie, and DIY Solar Fan, Subscribers, YouTuber and Followers.
This is jwsolarusa on YouTube and google+ Please follow me on this link below and don't forget to subscribe and thumbs up to my videos.
[...]
on January 14, 2015
I can not comment on the product itself, because I never received it. I ordered right when there was some real bad weather, and the last I heard was that the company was at that time under water, and was shut down completely. Whether they are back in operation again or not I have no idea.

At the time, I needed my system up and running, so what I did is I just cut the wires from my pannels twisted them all together and used one of those screw on plastic electrical couplers, I then tapped everything all up good, and the system is still working flawlessly so far, and that's been at least two years now since this all took place.

So, I can not comment on the product.
on July 11, 2013
Of the three pairs of connectors I purchased (6 pieces total), two of them were defective right out of the bag - with a broken locking tab on one connector and a nearly broken tab on the other connector. Frankly, the plastic seems a bit brittle and I wonder about its durability. Just to be sure the other connectors were really okay, I connected them and disconnected them using the specified tool (which worked well but may not be necessary, in my opinion).

I will be setting up the system before the 30-day return period expires and I will report back with an update on how the locking tabs hold up.

I do thank Amazon for making the return of the defective parts very easy.
on March 8, 2015
I purchased the MC4 Connectors for use when setting up an off grid solar system at our cabin, the connectors has been in use for about 2 years at this time and perform flawlessly, to use these connectors you do need a cramping tool or a pair of pliers of some kind. The connectors do come with a seal (red in picture) preventing rain water to enter your electrical system and thereby shortening your system out.
on January 22, 2014
I am an Electrical Engineer, and a radio Ham. I work with many types of connectors. I have not even wired one of these up yet, and I can already discern the quality. The contacts look like silver plated copper, which means excellent conductivity. The connector snap together so well, with a positive locking mechanism. I would use a good quality crimp-er, and I suppose these could be soldered as well. Inserting some dielectric grease into the fitting before connecting would make them bomb proof.

I'd say these connectors could stand up to outdoor exposure for the rest of my life and beyond.

My original plan was to use solder and shrink tubing, and making my own termination box. I am very glad I chose to spend a few bucks on these connectors.

Buy these and and the single pole connectors that mate to these and you won't regret it. I like these so much that I may start using this for other high amperage ham radio applications.

Use with 10 Gauge stranded wire for solar panel use. Smaller wire would work, but not be a good idea.
on February 20, 2013
These connectors are constructed very well. Heavy duty design and make connecting solar modules in parallel very easy. I am happy with these connectors.
on February 1, 2013
These connectors are tight fitting very durable and has rubber seals to make them water tight. Allows you to connect two solar panels in parallel into one feed. A little pricey but seem woth the value. Wiring is easy the tool offered is not needed.
on September 7, 2012
We purchased a few parallel connectors for an off-grid system. After installation the system wasn't working correctly. After a couple hours we found one of the parallel connectors had an open circuit and was not working. Switched it out and the system works fine. I didn't notify the company I bought them from since return shipping costs and my time to ship it would cost more then the part.
on November 2, 2013
Great product & fast shipping. Installation is fast to connect a (+) & (-) solar in parallel, using 2 Solar panels. Both (+) to one & (-) to the other, then connect to your solar power controller for 12v battery