Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

on March 6, 2015
I was skeptical when I first purchased this flat iron but the skepticism is now gone. I absolutely can not believe how great this flat iron works and be so cheap! It gets extremely hot very quickly. The cute little travel bag is a great accessory. While traveling, I am able to flat iron my hair and put the hot iron in the travel bag and put back in my suit case. I am an african american woman with natural hair. I normally get my hair done at the salon and could never get my hair to shine and flow like my stylist. Well that is no longer my issue. The flat iron makes my hair extremely straight with a very high shine. I haven't used the argon oil that comes with the flat iron because It seems pretty thick and I don't want it to weigh my hair down.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
11 comment| 5,102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 5, 2014
Thank you seller and Amazon for such a smooth and speedy transaction!

This is the best iron I've ever had. I've been flat ironing my own hair for over 12 years and I feel confident writing this review knowing that flat ironing is a learned skill and not everyone is doing it correct, hence complaining about snagged hair and taking too long to iron etc..I have long, frizzy and wavy hair, yet it's thin. Stubborn at the roots for sure..I've always had to go over and over with other irons. NOT WITH THIS HSI!!!

This HSI:
Did not snag or tug at my hair
No burnt smell
Ironed quickly and efficiently
Not ONE of my hairs was ripped out in the plates
Took away frizz and worked on my stubborn hair quickly!

The light went from red to green when it was heated up for use, very quickly. Came with a little trial Argan oil and glove.
Also has storage pouch. You can adjust the temperature dial as well. I LOVE that the cord is longer than any iron I've ever owned..Hot Tools, Corioliss and Chi to name a few. Well worth the money!

In my photo the bottom of my hair looks not as straight as it should be..because it hasn't been cut in almost a year (shameful I know lol) so I don't blame that on the iron!
review image
55 comments| 5,281 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 30, 2015
In love with this flat iron ! Even my hair stylist wanted to steal it, the packaging was elegant and detailed i loved every aspect of it. I've had it for the last month and it's been nothing short of perfect, it even makes these amazing curls !! I'm so mad the wand went back to regular price but this flat iron curls and straightens hair flawlessly
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
11 comment| 5,183 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 19, 2017
Very satisfied with this product! My hair is naturally very curly and frizzy so finding a straightener that gives me the results I like is very difficult. However with this product my hair was smooth soft and sleek. Shipping was quick. The hair oil and glove that came with it were extremely helpful. I've attached a picture of my results!
review image
0Comment| 223 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 18, 2017
Extremely happy with flat iron I have very curly hair and not many have done the job !! I have recommended this product to many friends and they are as satisfy !!! You wouldn’t regret this purchase
review image
0Comment| 219 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
 My wife decided that she wanted a flat iron hair straightener and she thought this model looked the best. When she got it and used it for the first time she was very excited. It was easy to use and she got professional results doing it herself. I have included a video on the product and show the before and after results on her hair. (Please don't make fun of her before hair photo)

My wife used the temperature setting between 2/3 and 3/4 of fully turned on all the way.

The model has some very good features and it really is a high quality product. Just a couple of issues you should be aware of:
1. If you plug in the flat iron and it will not come on, press the reset switch on the cord circuit breaker to reset it.
2. The unit does not have an automatic shut off timer so make sure you turn it off or unplug it. If you have children I would unplug it and store it properly away after it was cooled off.

Please take the time to watch the video and I hope it is of benefit to you.

Flat iron included accessories:
* Nice traveling bag
* Flat iron
* Heat glove
* User instruction manual

Main Features:
* Adjustable temperature from 140° to 410° F to suit your hair type.
* Smooth ceramic plates that easily slide through your hair.
* 1 inch wide plates to work with any hair type and style and also allow you to straighten your bangs.
* Power cord is 7 feet long with built in circuit breaker
* On/off switch.
* Heat indicating LED light.
* Fast and easy to use with professional results.
* Comes with protective heat glove if you want to use it.
* Swivel power cord to eliminate the power cord from twisting.
* Operates on 110 to 240 VAC and 50/60 Hz

This is a good product and deserves a 5 Star rating.

Update, after all of this time the flat iron is still working perfectly.
4646 comments| 7,021 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 27, 2017
I live it. It really works great on my hair and my hair is thick
review image
0Comment| 211 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 12, 2015
Just got it. Just curled my daughters hair in less time than I would ever have imagined. I'm excited to keep using this product. Love the bonuses that came in the package! Thanks HSI for making such a professional, affordable product.
review image
0Comment| 981 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I've always loved to straighten my hair. Even though it's fun to try different styles like beach waves and spiral curls, straightening my hair is the one style that always looks classy and I can straighten my whole head of hair within about 10 minutes. Later this past summer, I needed to replace my old straightener when it wasn't working well anymore. Usually I purchase flat irons with two-inch plates because it straightens my hair quickly but I'd noticed many flat irons are one-inch plates. I did a lot of searching, both in stores and on here. I was actually going to purchase one that was half the price of this one but, after much consideration, I decided to splurge and pay more money for a higher-quality flat iron. It turns out spending more money on something really is worth it!

The HSI Professional Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic Flat Iron is a one-inch ceramic flat iron. The ionic ceramic tourmaline-coated plates help eliminate frizz, are very smooth and feel very durable. The plates are also reflexive and they have the ability to slightly turn so you can be more flexible with your hair styles and do some flips and curls. The plates measure 3 1/2 inches long by 1 inch wide. The entire flat iron measures 10 1/2 inches long, has a 360-degree swivel cord so you can move all over the place and not have to worry about the straightener getting tangled, and the cord itself measures about 93 inches long (almost 8 feet). There is a 6-inch long piece of velcro so you can secure the cord when it's wrapped up. The flat iron has an on/off switch and an indicator where the light is red when the flat iron is heating up and it turns green when it's ready to use. It has a temperature control dial that ranges from 140 degrees to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and a dual voltage of 110/220 volts so you can use it overseas. The instructions say the voltage switches automatically and you'll still need an adapter for the plug (when you're overseas). This flat iron is made in China and comes in a box along with a nice storage bag, a glove to protect your hand from the high heat, a 5 mL bottle of argan oil hair treatment, instructions, and a style guide for different hair styles (some different tools may be required). It comes with a one-year warranty certificate.

Suggested heat temperatures are as follows:
- low heat (140 degrees to 275 degrees Fahrenheit) - use with very fine, fragile, or damaged hair
- medium heat (275 degrees to 350 degrees Fahrenheit) - use with normal hair
- high heat (350 degrees to 450 degrees Fahrenheit) - use with curly, wavy, or thick hair
***If you are unsure of which temperature to use, always start with a lower temperature and increase as needed.

I've had this flat iron now for about 3 1/2 months and I love it! Out of the many flat irons I've owned over the years, it's my favorite one and well-worth the extra money to get a high-quality product. I have long, medium-thick naturally-wavy blonde hair and I'm able to straighten my hair in about 10 minutes. I love that this flat iron heats up quickly which is nice when I'm feeling a bit rushed. I typically choose a temperature that's about 350 degrees and within 30 seconds, this flat iron is ready to use. You'll have to be very careful since the plates get VERY hot. Once I'm done straightening my hair, I turn it off and it's fully cooled down within about 10 to 15 minutes which is great for safety reasons and in case you have to pack it up quickly. I love that this flat iron is very easy to use. I have small hands and it's easy and fairly comfortable to hold.

Perhaps the only thing that is difficult to judge is the temperature setting. The only temperatures shown are 140 degrees and 450 degrees and you turn the dial hotter or cooler, as needed, so you don't know for sure what temperature you are using but, once I started using it, I was able to guess the temperature I was using.

I've mostly used this flat iron for straightening and it works great! My hair is smooth, with no frizz or flyaways, and I love the way it looks. I tried to "flip and curl" my hair as well but I need some work on that. I've had a number of flat irons over the years and this one is by far my favorite. It is considered a professional salon model and it really looks like a high-quality product. It's durable, easy to use, and gives me beautifully-straightened hair. As with all of my reviews, particularly the ones for electronics, appliances, and higher-priced items, I will provide any updates and change my star-rating as needed if my views on the product change. So far, I'm very happy with this flat iron and am so glad I spent the extra money to get a higher-quality product that will hopefully last me a long time. If you are considering purchasing this flat iron, DO IT! Your hair will look amazing!
11 comment| 1,061 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 19, 2016
I have used this hair straightener for the past 5 years it finally broke after my toddler got ahold of it and pretended it was a hammer. I was so relieved to find that Amazon still sold them. I have very thick hair and a lot of hair straighteners either don't work in my hair or burn my hair in the process. The plates of this iron are flexible and it straightens the first time. Leaves my hair soft and also makes perfect curls if you twist the wand while you pull it down. This tool is multi-functional and way better than the CHI or other expensive straighteners at a fraction of the cost.

Put a Picture of my hair curly & straight both using this iron
review imagereview image
0Comment| 235 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse