Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: HTC AV Cable for HTC ADR6300/Vision - Micro USB to Composite
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on January 16, 2011
I saw the bad reviews for these cables and just needed to throw my 2 cents out there.

These cables work as advertised for the HTC Incredible. Don't know about other phones, but it works for my Incredible. I've been hooking up my phone to my TV to blast my music and Pandora through the TV speakers and it works beautifully. The pixelation from blowing up the images on the phone is an issue, but it is a minor one that I can forgive given how I use the cables.

Fair warning though, the micro-USB connection to the phone might not work if you have a big case on your phone, as the connector is rather big and might not be able to go in fully if the case blocks the connector. I suspect this might be the problem some of the other reviewers were having. Just remove your phone's case if it's too big and it'll work, no problem.

Props to HTC for adding an extra charging port on the connector. Very smart decision on their part, as running the TV out uses a lot of juice if your phone isn't charging.

Overall, this works as described. Couldn't be happier with it. Wholeheartedly recommended for people who want to play music through their TV speakers or watch YouTube videos on their TV or anything of the like.
on January 9, 2012
The ad says Micro USB, but it's not. It's misleading.
I know it says it's for HTC Vision, but Micro USB is Micro USB, and this product doesn't have Micro USB.

There is a Micro USB port for supplying power, but the end is not Micro USB. It's not even Mini USB.

I wanted to use it for my HTC Evo 3D, but I can't.
At least the seller got back to me when I sent a message.
I received the product on a timely basis also.

I will be returning or exchanging this product.
on May 24, 2011
NOTICE: YOU CAN CHARGE YOUR PHONE WHILE USING THIS!!!! .. At the time of filming my video review I did not notice the port to charge while using!!

This is just what I needed now that netflix is on the HTC Incredible. Netflix looks great and so does everything else on my TV! Sound is great too! This products shipped right away and was received in a timely manor. The only thing that sucks is that you can't charge your phone while using this cable.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 26, 2011
This HTC cable is compatible with the phones that it says it is, but IT IS NOT Micro-USB as it is advertised to be. The cable is high quality, and if you have one of the phones listed would probably work great. I bought it because it clearly says in the title and the description that it is Micro-USB and it is not. It will not work with any actual Micro-USB phones.
on July 12, 2011
This cable does in fact allow you to view on a TV whatever is currently displayed on your HTC Incredible. It also allows you to output the audio to a TV or a home theater system.

This product works fine for audio. If you would simply like to listen to Pandora (or to MP3s) on your home stereo, this cable works fine. It's fairly easy to hook up. But don't set your expectations high for the quality of video output. Yes, you'll be able to view what's currently displayed on your phone; however, the frame rate is very sluggish. And the image is soft. This is partly the effect of the composite video cable. Definitely not HDMI quality. Definitely not even DVD quality. More like VHS quality with less than half the frame rate.

On an HD TV/monitor, the low image quality is very noticeable. It's less of an issue on old-style TVs; however, the sluggish frame rate makes this cable almost worthless for watching a movie. YouTube and Netflix, for example, both give the illusion of slow motion due to the low frame rate.

In addition, on my 16:9 HD TV, the image doesn't fill the screen. It looks like it's letterboxed and stretched horizontally. Changing to 4:3 on the TV squishes the image horizontally. But no settings make the image fill the screen vertically. This is likely a result of the 800x480 resolution of the HTC Incredible. My TV probably doesn't know how to handle this resolution. However, on a conventional 4:3 TV, the image is not stretched or compressed. The proportions are correct. It's letterboxed, yes, but here that's to be expected. But the frame rate is still pathetic.

I was hoping I could use this AV cable to watch YouTube or Netflix on my TV via the phone and cable. While yes, I can in fact use this cable to display videos on a TV, the video quality is so low that I can't imagine ever using the cable for this purpose. On the other hand, it will likely come in handy for listening to Pandora or MP3s. So the cable is not a complete flop.

UPDATE: I tried this cable on another 16:9 TV and the image was NOT stretched. As a matter of fact, the screen ratio was perfect. So this depends upon the TV.
on April 14, 2011
I don't know what others are talking about if it doesn't fit in their Droid Incredible. It fits and works fine.

My only real gripes are that a. it's not HD. What can you do? lol. and b. the design isn't really friendly. It doesn't stay in the plug all that great, and then when you plug the usb charge cable in, it gets all awkward and bulky. I use it in my car on my 7" in dash monitor and it works good, but with the cables all over the place from the crappy design, it makes it kind of hard to put it in a decent spot in my truck.

But other than that, it works as advertised. I can plug my phone into my tv/car/whatever and see whatever is on screen. It's nice to plug it into my screen in my truck and then use the satnav on the phone and view it on the screen. Works a charm.

And if you are dying to watch angry birds played on a 50" tv or something, then this is a way to do it. lol.
on March 8, 2011
This cable does its job but the picture is soft. I am still giving it 5 stars because I think this is as good as it can get with composite video, especially when watched on HD display. Due to NTSC resolution picture has to be downsampled about 2x (when in portrait mode), then upsampled again by your TV. That being said it is perfectly usable but if you need better picture quality you need to consider another phone that has HDMI out. Please keep in mind that some phones (ie Droid X) don't allow you to output whole screen via HDMI. Droid X only seem to allow pictures and videos that you shot be viewed on TV
on February 19, 2011
This was a good product unfortunately, it didn't fit my phone, (mytouch 4G/HD) the port for the charger fit but the actual cable did fit into my phone I had to give it to a family member who had a Droid /:make sure you gave the right cable!!! (: but overall good product
on June 20, 2011
To be able to view my phone screen on a TV is just pure joy. The resolution is great and this is perfect for streaming Netflix onto your TV. It works beautifully. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with non-Sense roms like Cyanogenmod 7. It works great with the Skyraider 4.0 ROM, which is a Sense ROM. Maybe when I get the iControlPad, I can play with a gamepad and view it on my TV. I'm not going to deck off the rating for Cyanogenmod incompatibility. Its their fault lol. This is also awesome for showing off games and emulators. I'm looking forward to future phones with HDMI output. Probably by then I'll an HD TV and get a phone HDMI out :) however, if you have this phone and want to show off stuff on a big TV screen through your phone, get this cable. Its extremely easy to setup. Just plug in your cable, select whatever setting you like, and there you go! You cab also charge your phone while your phone is in TV mode thanks to the charging port in the cable :) have fun with your phone!
on November 7, 2011
I bought this cable for my HTC EVO 4G and HTC sensation, but it doesnt work with either of the two. The connector is NOT micro USB type, it's some weird connector that I have never seen before. Returning it now.