HTC One Tough Cases Black/Black
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Dual layers of silicone and polycarbonate hard shell combine for secure protection
- Form fit feature covers back and corners
- Impact resistant, flexible plastic shell
- Access to all ports and functions
- Compatible with HTC One
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
You know the feeling. The heartbreak that immediately sets in as your phone smashes to the ground. Flashes of panic, pools of sweat and buckets of tears overwhelm your body. Protect yourself from future stress with the Tough HTC One case, providing dual layers of protection.
Built to withstand sudden drops and accidental falls, the Tough case is the epitome of protection. A snug, form fitting silicone wrap provides shock resistance, while the polycarbonate hard shell protects against impact. The lightweight, slim case adds support and shields your phone, keeping your emotional state intact, one drop at a time.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I can say that the HTC One Tough Case will also suit this bill. It has a similar build to the one I had for my Inspire, and leaves me feeling secure if I drop it. It has curved lips, meaning that your screen should be fine as long as you're not dropping it face first on sharp rocks. It has two layers of protection, one rubber and the other one hard plastic, which I believe will work wonders as it had with my Inspire.
Now, while I feel that this case will protect my phone, just some things to consider.
1) The power button is NOT covered. I honestly don't think much damage will be done because of this, but it is annoying to power on my phone because there's a little rubber connection that somewhat blocks my access to the power button. So if you can imagine only being able to push the power button from the back side of the phone, that's what I mean by annoying. It isn't a deal breaker, it's just something to consider.
2) The headphone jack is similarly not covered, for obvious reasons. However, this part can get dusty because the rubber can trap dirt. IT's not that big of a deal, unless you have a compulsive need for your phone to be squeaky clean at all times.
In short: Great protection, but makes it annoying to press the power button.
I have not dropped my One yet, so I can't say anything about how the case holds up. I don't think it would offer as much protection as an OtterBox, but it's still a good case; it's slim, it looks nice, and it's functional. If you tend to put your phone through a lot of abuse, you might be better off with an OtterBox. Otherwise, I'd say that the Tough Case is a great choice.
(Oh, one more thing to know: the Tough Case does not come with a screen protector, while the OtterBox does. I'd recommend getting a 3-pack of Tech Armor's Premium HD screen protectors.)
The case has a textured finish on it that keeps it from gathering dust, grime, and scratches. The case looks as new as it did the day I put it on. Although, The silicone edge that surrounds the screen has a tendency to gather dust and pocket lint which can be annoying at times, but it is easily wiped away. The silicon is also slightly loose around the volume button being that there isn't plastic there to reinforce it, but this is easy to get over and only a minor flaw to an otherwise great case. I would recommend this case to anyone who is interested in a quality product that is durable, has a great feel, and is capable of properly protecting your investment.
1. Good protection for accidental falls (but not from off the roof)
2. Does not add much bulk
3. Durable, scratch resistant material
4. Lip so I can place it face down without screen touching
5. Good grip so it doesn't slip out of my hands
6. Good fit
8. Enhanced access to volume control
This case, more than any other one I researched (and my research was pretty extensive), met all my criteria. It appears to add a lot of protection (especially since there are two layers) while not adding too much bulk. It appears to be very durable and it won't get scratched due to the textured finish which also enhances the grip. Fits right - I was a little concerned because it went on so easily, but it seems to be very secure. While basic black would not have been my first color choice, I do really like the textured finish and it is very nice to hold. Ease of volume control is very important to me as I listen to a lot of music and the volume changes from song to song. I want to be able to adjust the volume quickly. This case makes it easier to adjust the volume than with no case at all. I think it may be the best at this of all cases for the HTC One. Another little advantage is the fact that the lip of the case is from the inner layer and the material its made of keeps the phone from moving around when placed face down on a flat surface in the car.