HTC Smart Wired Headset with Flat Tangle Free Cable RC-E190 (White) - Bulk Packaging
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Try Prime for free
Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Premium quality OEM headset made by HTC
- Superior stereo sound quality.
- Flat, tangle free cord prevents messy tangles.
- In-line audio controls for skipping tracks, answering calls and volume control.
- Built in FM antenna for radio enabled devices.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I think they look fairly nice with the big HTC logo and the flat fettuccine like tangle free wires. The wires are a good length also so I can keep my phone in my baggy work shorts. The wide wire also contains a separate wire just for the fm antennae which definitely does help with reception. And they are a great price to boot!
The middle button pauses music and takes calls. It also will call the last person in your call history with a double click (not with all music apps). The forward and back buttons move from track to track but provide no other functions such as fast forward, rewind or volume control.
So far I have tested the headphones with WinAmp music player, the stock Android music player, google cloud music and slacker radio. All the buttons worked in all the apps except for in WinAmp app where only the call last person with a double click would not work.
I'm not an audiophile at all, but the sound coming out of these is pretty good. I used a 320 kbps compressed dubstep song with plenty of highs, mids and lows with beats audio manager turned on. The music is clear and crisp with no distortion at high volume levels or during times of high bass. The bass is good for me but may not be enough for some bassfreaks.
The sound quality for voice calls has been very clear with not one person I was talking to even realizing I was using them.
Now for the Bad:
It is ridiculously difficult to keep these things in my ears. It's not the size of my ears but the design and size of the earphones.Read more ›
Just like any good headphones, given these headphone some time. In 2 to 4 hours they will be nicely broken in and would produce very rich bass and awesome sound quality. Dont judge the sound quality on your first song.
But they have 3 issues, which could have been very easily solved by HTC, but HTC left it to the lethargic engineers who designed parts arousing these 3 issues.
1. They keep falling out. They just dont stay in your ears. The problem is the rubbery part that goes in ear is too soft, and its shape is such that it keeps getting bigger at the end (like a parabola). If you compare other in ear headphones, then you will notice that their rubbery part is a little more stiffer and it gets curved at the end. because of which once it goes in ear it stay there.
2. No clip. Everyone will admit that the headsets are a little heavier that other headsets. The wire is a little stiff and thick. And the thickness and stiffness gives them strength. They are very robust. However, the weight of the wire also pulls the headphones out of the ear. If they had included a nice clip near the mic, if would have solved this problem to a large extent.
3. Cord length for left and right is same, and is very long. So if the wire is just hanging from your head the mic goes far below your chest. Again the clip would have helped here. But if the right was shorter and left was longer, then the left could come from behind the neck and it would have given extra support to the cord. So even when you dont have them in ears, they would have stayed on your neck with the support.
If HTC releases next version fixing these issue, I will be the first one to buy them, provided the cost remains somewhat similar.
These headphones came with different little rubber nipples that fit over the in-ear part. I used the ones that were already installed and noted a really secure, leak-proof fit. I thought this would be great, but when I actually used them I didn't think so anymore. I couldn't hear myself hardly at all, and I found myself almost yelling as a result. I started using the product with only one ear phone in my ear, but it still was strange and disconcerting.
The worse part, though, is my friends complained that every once in a while there was some sort of piercing noise produced. I never have heard it on my end. Two different friends each complained of this, each on the very first time I used the earphones with them, each without knowledge of the others complaint. I used different earphones (the HTC Innovation earphones) for a while and received no complaints. Randomly, I switched back and tried a call with one of them with these new earphones and again they complained. I haven't used them since.
I have a feeling these would be great for music. The secure fit and near complete blocking of external noise (like your own voice) all seem advantageous for this purpose. I admit, I haven't tried them in this capacity.
The flat cord indeed resists tangling like it's supposed to. The earphones look pretty cool, too.
Perhaps it's a compatibility issue with my particular phone, but for me and my intended purpose, these earphones are useless. Sadly, I have to give them 1 star. If I thought I could return them without spending nearly the purchase price on shipping, I would. But for $10 minus my return shipping costs, I think it's not worth the effort. I think my son may have scored some new (music) headphones from this deal.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The sound quality was horrible, the ear buds were way too large, they barely fit in my ears. Also the "tangle free" cord gets tangled up quite easily. Read morePublished 3 months ago by James
Love the headphones.
The sound feel and build of the headphones are great... Its just the earbud part itself sucks.. Read more
put through many washes and is so sturdy it'll tear up your clothes and wrap around them before these things break. Read morePublished 7 months ago by headintheclouds