HTC Wildfire S Prepaid Android Phone (Virgin Mobile)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Network: Virgin Mobile
- Contract: Prepaid
- Operating System: Android
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
The HTC Wildfire S is an update to the popular Wildfire, touting a better display and processor in a smaller package. It comes equipped with a 5-megapixel camera with video recording, a 3.2-inch multi-touch screen, music player, microSD slot for additional storage, and Wi-Fi. It also allows for 3G internet browsing and Bluetooth compatibility, and supports multiple languages including Spanish. The Wildfire offers access to thousands of apps, games, and music on Google's Play Store.
This phone may require a data plan for activation. Please contact your cellular provider for details.
The HTC Wildfire S gives you the HTC Sense experience—for a phone you can make your own. It is the smallest member of the HTC Android family and one that fits directly in the palm of your hand. You want to do more and stay more connected, no matter where you go, right from your phone. You'll also enjoy affordable, flexible unlimited wireless service with no annual contract and national service from Virgin Mobile.
The Phone That Lets You Be You
The HTC Wildfire S is made entirely of smooth, white plastic, with attractive silver accents around the display and camera. The personalize button lets you customize everything to suit your style, from skins to scenes to sound sets.
This phone keeps you at the center of your social world. HTC Sense brings together all the different ways you communicate with your friends—from calls to status updates—all in one place. HTC's Sense UI 2.1 looks sharp and friendly, with upgraded apps, seven customizable home screens, and strong contact management.
The 5 MP camera with a flash, face recognition, and video recording lets you capture every moment in detail—and then quickly upload and easily share your most memorable shots.
Unwind anytime with your favorite music, games, and apps. You can find hundreds of thousands of apps on Android Market.
Key Features and Specs
- 3.2” HVGA capacitive touchscreen display with pinch-to-zoom and auto text reflow (320 x 480 pixels; 256K color depth)
- 5-megapixel camera with auto-focus, LED flash, and video.
- 480p video capture (640 x 480 pixels)
- 600 Mhz processor means higher-quality graphics and faster performance
- Android platform 2.3 Gingerbread + HTC Sense
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB
- 100 MB internal memory
- Messaging via text, video, picture, and instant messaging
- Music player compatible with MP3 format.
- FM Radio (headset required)
- Web browser
- E-mail access
- Organizer tools including calendar, alarm clock, memo, calculator, and stopwatch.
- Speakerphone for hands-free communication.
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Hearing aid compatibility = M4/T4.
The HTC Wildfire S weighs 3.8 ounces and measures 4.1 x 2.39 x 0.49 inches. Its 1230 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 3.8 hours of talk time and 300 hours of standby time (12+ days).
What's in the Box
HTC Wildfire S handset, rechargeable battery, USB charger, 2GB MicroSD card
Virgin Mobile Prepaid Pricing
With Virgin Mobile, you can pay only for the calling time you use. You can choose a monthly Beyond Talk plan with unlimited data and messaging and just the right amount of talk minutes for your needs.
Virgin Mobile customers have access to the Sprint Nationwide Network, reaching more than 278 million people across the United States (see a map of Virgin Mobile's coverage area).
Also Available for This Android Device
Amazon Appstore for Android
Top customer reviews
Now that we've got the memory part out of the way here's what I like about the phone:
1. Size : Not long ago people were mocking the early cell phones for being brick-size. Lo and behold now we have cutting-board-size ones! The Wildfire S is just the right size to me (an average size guy) to make it non-intrusive yet functional.
2. Performance : I use it mostly as a communication device (phone and some mail/internet/navigation). It will not be a speed daemon for games but for a casual game of Angry Birds or the like it's just fine. Somehow it feels a peppier than an LG Optimus Slider which has a faster processor (600Mhz vs 800Mhz).
3. Music : Put in 32GB SD card and you'll have room for just about your whole music library. And the music player is quite well integrated with the lock screen so you can go to the previous/next song from without having to unlock the phone. The volume buttons work while the screen is locked and won't even turn on the screen for more battery life.
4. It has a true FM radio : call me old-fashioned but I like being able to listen to local stations without having to stream them (not to mention the battery life benefits). Look for Spirit FM app on Google Play (there's a simple free version on XDA Developers as well as two paid versions).
5. HTC Sense : the Android interface customization done by HTC is very neat and has a good set of widgets for time/news/weather/calendar/friends giving you easy access to the most important things.
To recap, if you're an avid game player or video watcher then this phone is probably not for you. If instead you need a neat little communication device then you'll probably be pleasantly surprised.