- Paperback: 490 pages
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons; 1st edition (November 8, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118008189
- ISBN-13: 978-1118008188
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 1.2 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 1,083 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #472 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
HTML and CSS: Design and Build Websites 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Author: Goals for this Book
Programming books can often look rather intimidating and uninspiring, but they do not need to be. We wanted to redesign the tech book and make it more accessible, relevant, and attractive to a whole new group of readers. The result is a book that feels more like a magazine and is enjoyable to flick through, and looks like it belongs in the graphic design section rather than the programming section of a bookstore.
- Large info-graphics are used to help simplify new or complex concepts
- Clean design and layout presents each topic on a new page for easy reference
- Printed in full-color, using a vibrant palette to distinguish different types of code
- Attractive code samples help you make beautiful web sites
This beautifully designed manual explains how to use HTML in a concise readable format...A wonderful resource. (.net, June 2012) A refreshing take on the subject. The title provides a great overview without feeling like a textbook. (Computer Arts, June 2012)
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Excellent price
- The explanations are straightforward and concise
- There are great visuals to aid and guide you
- The organization and layout of the book is very clean and easy to follow
*The one downside to this book is that its front cover curls up after some use. Kind of annoying but doesn't affect the content obviously.
I will admit that I'm a Computer Science major so HTML came easy to me. But I took a class with first time coders and they also remarked on how easy the book was to follow. If you're a first time coder then the concepts may be a little challenging to comprehend at first but the book makes it as easy as possible. Believe me, I've had my fair share of experience with other computer language textbooks and I wish all of them were as great as this one.
Could not give it a better recommendation. Sure, I'm sure everything in this book is available for free online but I really believe this is worth the twenty dollars. I will probably have this book long after I have coded my first elementary website.
At this point in my life, I don't know how I will apply my knowledge of HMTL and CSS coding. I am sure, however, that I will apply it. I am very happy that I decided to buy this book.