HTS 222B0 Magnesium Block Fire Starter With Flint & Striker
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 3" x 1" x 3/8" magnesium block with attached ball chain
- Ferrocerium flint sparking rod and steel striker
- Striker can be used to shave magnesium slivers
- Shavings burn at approximately 5,400°F / 2,982°C; will burn in wet and windy conditions
- Magnesium is waterproof and fire resistant in block form
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Never worry about starting a life saving fire with this pocket-size magnesium block from Hobby Tool Supply. The built-in ferrocerium flint sparking rod creates sparks about 3,000°F / 1,650°C. The magnesium shavings burn at approximately 5,400°F / 2,982°C, so it will work even in wet and windy conditions. Altogether, the firestarter weighs only 1.8oz.
To use, shave off fine slivers (too large and the shavings may not ignite) from the magnesium body, opposite the striker. Quickly run the striker along the flint to generate sparks, directed toward your pile of magnesium shavings.